RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

2020 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 9474



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/07/19 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry if I missed it, but has anyone seen whether they have announced the data of the lottery drawing. It seems like in the last year or so it was during the playoffs.


Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 358
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/08/19 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's what I believe is the 2020 Draft Board. Someone else let me know if you get something different.

First Round:
1 New York
2 Dallas
3 Indiana
4 Atlanta
5 Phoenix
6 Minnesota
7 Seattle
8 Chicago
9 Dallas (LVA)
10 Connecticut (LAS)
11 Connecticut
12 Washington

Second Round:
13 New York (ATL)
14 Minnesota (NYL)
15 Dallas
16 Indiana
17 Phoenix
18 Phoenix (MIN)
19 Seattle
20 Los Angeles (CHI)
21 Dallas (LVA)
22 Los Angeles
23 Connecticut
24 Washington

Third Round:
25 Atlanta
26 New York
27 Atlanta (DAL)
28 Indiana
29 Phoenix
30 Chicago (MIN)
31 Seattle
32 Chicago
33 Las Vegas
34 Los Angeles
35 Connecticut
36 Washington




Last edited by Stormeo on 09/17/19 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52822



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/10/19 8:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Katie Smith on NYL roster outlook for next season.
Quote:
“We probably need a PG. We’re not sure what Tanisha’s doing at the end of the season, so probably a lead guard type of action,” she said. “I think Durr and (Johannes), Nurse and (Allen) are solid at the wing spots.” On the interior game, she commented “We need to find another big. I know Stokes will be coming back, hopefully. Zahui, Han will have another under her belt. I think we have to get better in that area too and just find more production, find playmakers overall.”


Still obsessing over the PG situation. I think Diggins could be in play, but depending on the new CBA, you’re looking at losing the lottery pick plus something else at the minimum. If you want to set your sights lower, somebody like Wheeler could be in play now that Kelsey Mitchell seems to have arrived in Indiana.

If she wants another big through the draft, the last draft was the place to get one, not this next one. Poor planning. Is Durr going to turn out to be worth passing on McCowan? I doubt it.

Looks like Boyd, Hartley, Raincock, and Gray are expendables in Smith’s eyes. I’d be careful with Hartley since she has overseas ties to Johannes.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
blaase22



Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 3826
Location: Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/10/19 8:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I want Bella Alarie at 6.
Also would NY want Maya for the first? They need to win right away.

Ionescu/Alarie/Collier/brown/Shepard is a nice young core.


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 20453



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/10/19 8:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Here's what I believe is the 2020 Draft Board. Someone else let me know if you get something different.

First Round:
1-4 Some order of New York, Indiana, Dallas, and Atlanta
5 Phoenix
6 Minnesota
7 Seattle
8 Chicago
9 Dallas (LVA)
10 Connecticut (LAS)
11 Connecticut
12 Washington

Second Round:
13 New York (ATL)
14 Minnesota (NYL)
15 Dallas
16 Indiana
17 Phoenix
18 Phoenix (MIN)
19 Seattle
20 Los Angeles (CHI)
21 Dallas (LVA)
22 Los Angeles
23 Connecticut
24 Washington

Third Round:
25 Atlanta
26 New York
27 Atlanta (DAL)
28 Indiana
29 Phoenix
30 Chicago (MIN)
31 Seattle
32 Chicago
33 Las Vegas
34 Los Angeles
35 Connecticut
36 Washington


Can someone confirm if this is correct with all the trades?



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52822



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/10/19 9:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Senior Ogunbowale vs old sophomore Carter in 2019 NCAA Tournament
Ogunbowale career high 34 pts
Carter season high 35 pts

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yYr4ZAi5fiA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
root_thing



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 5312
Location: Underground


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/10/19 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Can someone confirm if this is correct with all the trades?


I have the same order.



_________________
Even now by the gate with your long hair blowing
And the colors of the day that lie along your arms
You must barter your life to make sure you are living
And the crowd that has come
You give them the colors
And the bells and wind and the dream
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 5744
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/10/19 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Senior Ogunbowale vs old sophomore Carter in 2019 NCAA Tournament
Ogunbowale career high 34 pts
Carter season high 35 pts

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yYr4ZAi5fiA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


That was a good highlight film between two great schoolyard scorers. Thanks.

If Chennedy Carter comes out, she should be given consideration at #1 for a team that most wants a guard with high potential for outside and drive-through-traffic high scoring. I'm not sure Ionescu's scoring potential is as high, and Cox's seems the lowest of the three. Of course, Ionescu and Cox have dimensions to their games that Carter doesn't.
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 5226



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/10/19 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

post season pre draft lottery shot in the dark

no early entries

1. NY Ionescu
2. Indy Cox
3. Dallas Mompremier
4. Atl Charles
5. PX Holmes
6. Minn Hebard
7. Sea Pivec
8 Chi Dangerfield
9. Dallas (from LV) Martin
10. Conn (from LA) Bella Alarie
11. Conn Laska
12. Wash Harris

13. NY (from Atl) L. Odom? (figure that might spark some conversation)


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52822



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/10/19 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spooner, you’re higher on Holmes more than anybody. Still feeding off that unrealized freshman hype?

No Cooper in the Top 13? If you call her “Copper” all season, I’ll scream.

If Chloe Jackson can make Top 15 in a deep draft, I would think Tea Cooper can make Top 13 in this one.


On a different note, let’s suppose the new CBA bumps lottery picks up to $80K, and $70K for the rest of the first round. Will that draw more early entries into the draft?

I’m also curious if the new CBA will allow even earlier draft entries. Of course if there’s no league expansion in the near future, there’s probably limited room for a possible flood of new players.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 5226



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/10/19 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Spooner, you’re higher on Holmes more than anybody. Still feeding off that unrealized freshman hype?

No Cooper in the Top 13? If you call her “Copper” all season, I’ll scream.

If Chloe Jackson can make Top 15 in a deep draft, I would think Tea Cooper can make Top 13 in this one.


On a different note, let’s suppose the new CBA bumps lottery picks up to $80K, and $70K for the rest of the first round. Will that draw more early entries into the draft?

I’m also curious if the new CBA will allow even earlier draft entries. Of course if there’s no league expansion in the near future, there’s probably limited room for a possible flood of new players.


Yes I think Holmes is going to have a much more impressive Senior year and vault up the board. She has that Deshields feel to me where her game will translate more at the pro level than in college, so she just needs to have a solid season with her full range of skill on display to make a leap. Also I think PX is a good match for her. With Griner at Center PX can sort of mix and match Holmes and Turner at the 4 for offense and defense and Holmes would also be an interesting positionless front court fit with Bonner IMO.

I think Cooper could also jump up the board I was struggling between her and Martin in Dallas at 9, I realize Agler doesn't go for players that might seem to have baggage o possible attitude issues but Dallas needs talent based on need I though Martin who can play some 2 and 3 might be a better option than Cooper at the 1 and 2. I don't see Cooper as a fit in Conn or Washington so she falls to the 2nd round. I could see her in LV, LA or Atl so whoever pick first in round two might get a steal and if NY misses out on Ionescu at 1 (or possible early entry Carter at 2 or 3) I could see them taking a look at Cooper at 13 and Dallas at 15 seems also like an option.

This draft seems very lacking in size so teams that might be looking for size in the 2nd round might still go guard and work it out in camp unless some other bigs make themselves known their senior years


Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 358
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/11/19 12:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Really don't get the Te'a Cooper hype (unless there's another Cooper we're all thinking of and I'm missing it??). She's been in three different programs now, having been kicked off one of them - even Tynice Martin has up to now avoided being booted from West Virginia's team. Giant red flag in & of itself.

Stats wise, they're horrible for a "pro prospect". Her one year as a true freshman on the court at Tennessee: 8.6 PPG, 36% FG, 26% 3PT, 2 FTA/G, 2.0 APG, -ATO, 1.9 RPG, 1.1 SPG
Fast forward three years later to the end of her lone season at South Carolina, and she showed little improvement: 11.9 PPG, 42.9% FG, 28.9% 3PT, 3.3 FTA/G, 2.2 APG, -ATO, 2.5 RPG, 1 SPG
None of those stats show good upside, nor that she's good at shooting, passing, or defense (obviously they don't portray the nuances like her defensive fundamentals or if she can create her own shot, but what GM would take any of those raw numbers seriously?).

She's still a former 5-star recruit and now she'll be at Baylor, and if there's anyone that could squeeze good play out of her, it's Kim Mulkey, who probably hinted to Cooper that she would get that open starting PG spot. But she has yet to prove she can be anything close to a consistent playmaker, especially since she didn't even have full-time PG responsibilities at South Carolina. She could make a big leap and put up stats that show real pro potential, either as a PG or a CG, but I'm not counting on it.
And if we're comparing her to Chloe Jackson, here are Jackson's Baylor stats: 11.7 PPG, 47.3% FG, 1.8 FTA/G, 5.3 APG, 2.5 ATO, 3.7 RPG, 1.6 SPG (only took 5 threes).
I'd like to see if Cooper can get her FG%, APG, and ATO anywhere near those numbers. If not, to me she's a third-rounder if that.


root_thing



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 5312
Location: Underground


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/11/19 12:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Really don't get the Te'a Cooper hype (unless there's another Cooper we're all thinking of and I'm missing it??). She's been in three different programs now, having been kicked off one of them - even Tynice Martin has up to now avoided being booted from West Virginia's team. Giant red flag in & of itself.

Stats wise, they're horrible for a "pro prospect". Her one year as a true freshman on the court at Tennessee: 8.6 PPG, 36% FG, 26% 3PT, 2 FTA/G, 2.0 APG, -ATO, 1.9 RPG, 1.1 SPG
Fast forward three years later to the end of her lone season at South Carolina, and she showed little improvement: 11.9 PPG, 42.9% FG, 28.9% 3PT, 3.3 FTA/G, 2.2 APG, -ATO, 2.5 RPG, 1 SPG
None of those stats show good upside, nor that she's good at shooting, passing, or defense (obviously they don't portray the nuances like her defensive fundamentals or if she can create her own shot, but what GM would take any of those raw numbers seriously?).

She's still a former 5-star recruit and now she'll be at Baylor, and if there's anyone that could squeeze good play out of her, it's Kim Mulkey, who probably hinted to Cooper that she would get that open starting PG spot. But she has yet to prove she can be anything close to a consistent playmaker, especially since she didn't even have full-time PG responsibilities at South Carolina. She could make a big leap and put up stats that show real pro potential, either as a PG or a CG, but I'm not counting on it.
And if we're comparing her to Chloe Jackson, here are Jackson's Baylor stats: 11.7 PPG, 47.3% FG, 1.8 FTA/G, 5.3 APG, 2.5 ATO, 3.7 RPG, 1.6 SPG (only took 5 threes).
I'd like to see if Cooper can get her FG%, APG, and ATO anywhere near those numbers. If not, to me she's a third-rounder if that.


I've made the same point about Cooper in past posts. Plus J-Spoon specifies no early entries. This will be Cooper's third season of playing. She should have one more year of eligibility left.



_________________
Even now by the gate with your long hair blowing
And the colors of the day that lie along your arms
You must barter your life to make sure you are living
And the crowd that has come
You give them the colors
And the bells and wind and the dream
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 5226



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/11/19 12:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The thing with Cooper for me at least is a very subjective non-scientific analytical thing. When you see her with the ball in her hand dribbling or hitting a basket she looks like a baller. That impression can certainly fail you in scouting but that is what I see when she is on the court and doing her thing.


Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 358
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/11/19 4:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Really don't get the Te'a Cooper hype (unless there's another Cooper we're all thinking of and I'm missing it??). She's been in three different programs now, having been kicked off one of them - even Tynice Martin has up to now avoided being booted from West Virginia's team. Giant red flag in & of itself.

Stats wise, they're horrible for a "pro prospect". Her one year as a true freshman on the court at Tennessee: 8.6 PPG, 36% FG, 26% 3PT, 2 FTA/G, 2.0 APG, -ATO, 1.9 RPG, 1.1 SPG
Fast forward three years later to the end of her lone season at South Carolina, and she showed little improvement: 11.9 PPG, 42.9% FG, 28.9% 3PT, 3.3 FTA/G, 2.2 APG, -ATO, 2.5 RPG, 1 SPG
None of those stats show good upside, nor that she's good at shooting, passing, or defense (obviously they don't portray the nuances like her defensive fundamentals or if she can create her own shot, but what GM would take any of those raw numbers seriously?).

She's still a former 5-star recruit and now she'll be at Baylor, and if there's anyone that could squeeze good play out of her, it's Kim Mulkey, who probably hinted to Cooper that she would get that open starting PG spot. But she has yet to prove she can be anything close to a consistent playmaker, especially since she didn't even have full-time PG responsibilities at South Carolina. She could make a big leap and put up stats that show real pro potential, either as a PG or a CG, but I'm not counting on it.
And if we're comparing her to Chloe Jackson, here are Jackson's Baylor stats: 11.7 PPG, 47.3% FG, 1.8 FTA/G, 5.3 APG, 2.5 ATO, 3.7 RPG, 1.6 SPG (only took 5 threes).
I'd like to see if Cooper can get her FG%, APG, and ATO anywhere near those numbers. If not, to me she's a third-rounder if that.


I've made the same point about Cooper in past posts. Plus J-Spoon specifies no early entries. This will be Cooper's third season of playing. She should have one more year of eligibility left.


I get why people are putting her in with the 2020 class - I don't think a fourth season is guaranteed; I think she/Mulkey would have to apply for what would be a sixth year. It would really depend on how that committee views that third year in which she was kicked off and switched schools. If I were on it, I'd argue that getting dismissed from a team means you lose a year of eligibility, but maybe they'll be more forgiving. Of course, given that the waiver would probably get applied for no earlier than 2020, Mulkey would have to still want to advocate for Cooper at that point Wink


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 9474



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/11/19 8:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unless some early entries come out this looks like a lousy year to have picks No. 3 and 4. As for Cooper getting kicked off a team is a red flag. That + 3 schools is a red flag on a red pirate ship. She's not good enough to bother with.





_________________
2019 RebKell Tipping Contest Champion


Last edited by Randy on 09/11/19 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
ucbart



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 1545
Location: New York


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/11/19 8:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ok! Here me out. I've said this a bunch of times and I'll say it again. If NY doesn't get the #1 pick and they end with the #2, I think they should trade for Moriah Jefferson and take Cox.

**It won't take much to get Moriah because she's been injured and hasn't really played in the W at all.
**To me, when healthy, she has top 5 PG in the league potential.
**Her not 100% is still better than any PG NY has on it's roster.
**As much as NY needs a PG, they need post D too. Charles seems to be allergic to the paint now, and Cox is a low post, physical presence that brings defense to the table.


ucbart



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 1545
Location: New York


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/11/19 8:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Shades wrote:
Spooner, you’re higher on Holmes more than anybody. Still feeding off that unrealized freshman hype?

No Cooper in the Top 13? If you call her “Copper” all season, I’ll scream.

If Chloe Jackson can make Top 15 in a deep draft, I would think Tea Cooper can make Top 13 in this one.


On a different note, let’s suppose the new CBA bumps lottery picks up to $80K, and $70K for the rest of the first round. Will that draw more early entries into the draft?

I’m also curious if the new CBA will allow even earlier draft entries. Of course if there’s no league expansion in the near future, there’s probably limited room for a possible flood of new players.


Yes I think Holmes is going to have a much more impressive Senior year and vault up the board. She has that Deshields feel to me where her game will translate more at the pro level than in college, so she just needs to have a solid season with her full range of skill on display to make a leap. Also I think PX is a good match for her. With Griner at Center PX can sort of mix and match Holmes and Turner at the 4 for offense and defense and Holmes would also be an interesting positionless front court fit with Bonner IMO.

I think Cooper could also jump up the board I was struggling between her and Martin in Dallas at 9, I realize Agler doesn't go for players that might seem to have baggage o possible attitude issues but Dallas needs talent based on need I though Martin who can play some 2 and 3 might be a better option than Cooper at the 1 and 2. I don't see Cooper as a fit in Conn or Washington so she falls to the 2nd round. I could see her in LV, LA or Atl so whoever pick first in round two might get a steal and if NY misses out on Ionescu at 1 (or possible early entry Carter at 2 or 3) I could see them taking a look at Cooper at 13 and Dallas at 15 seems also like an option.

This draft seems very lacking in size so teams that might be looking for size in the 2nd round might still go guard and work it out in camp unless some other bigs make themselves known their senior years


I think Aston is the WORST top 25 coach in the country. She is a great recruiter, terrible developer of talent and in game coaching strategist. I don't think Holmes will have a great senior year. There has been no evidence that she will somehow have this epiphany. She has actually regressed.

I think she has a pro game and will develop nicely in the W, but I don't see her doing much at Texas at all this year. She also needs to get in better shape. The game is there though and as I mentioned earlier in the thread, I thought she would be NPOY her senior year.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 8852
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/11/19 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You think were going to give up Moriah Jefferson for anything other than #2 ?



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
root_thing



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 5312
Location: Underground


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/11/19 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

I get why people are putting her in with the 2020 class - I don't think a fourth season is guaranteed; I think she/Mulkey would have to apply for what would be a sixth year. It would really depend on how that committee views that third year in which she was kicked off and switched schools. If I were on it, I'd argue that getting dismissed from a team means you lose a year of eligibility, but maybe they'll be more forgiving. Of course, given that the waiver would probably get applied for no earlier than 2020, Mulkey would have to still want to advocate for Cooper at that point Wink


I went back and did some research. I still don't understand what is going on. South Carolina asked for a hardship waiver for Cooper and it was denied. The hardship waiver normally addresses whether or not an athlete can play immediately. It doesn't reduce their eligiblity. However, the articles I read suggested circumstance that could be mitigating factors:

1) Staley mentioned Cooper missing her sophomore season due to an injury. Dawn seemed to believe that this combined with Cooper's transfer would cause Te'a to loose a season of eligibility.

2) South Carolina chose to have Cooper sit out her first semester -- supposedly to get acclimated to the school -- before applying for a hardship waiver at midyear. Did this somehow start the clock on eligibility? Also, along the way, the Gamecocks lost Bianca Cuevas-Moore to a season-ending injury. Did it appear to the SEC that South Carolina didn't want Cooper for that season until injury created a need?

3) The SEC has a rule that forbids players from transferring within the conference if they have a history of bad behavior. Tennessee never filed charges against Cooper, and Holly Warlick said she allowed Te'a to leave with no restrictions. Nonetheless, Staley claimed that Tennessee had objected to Cooper's waiver application.

We've seen players receive multiple injury waivers that provided them with a sixth season and maybe even a seventh. So, it's not about the number of years in college. This apparently has to do with the unusual combined circustances that relate to Te'a Cooper.



_________________
Even now by the gate with your long hair blowing
And the colors of the day that lie along your arms
You must barter your life to make sure you are living
And the crowd that has come
You give them the colors
And the bells and wind and the dream
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52822



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/11/19 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cooper is already a graduate. That’s why she didn’t have to sit yet another year to transfer. With Cox as a senior, this year will be biggest chance for Baylor to repeat as champions. Even if Cooper could swing it, I don’t think she’d be interested in an additional year in college. I think she went into broadcast journalism. Don’t exactly need a PhD for that. One year chase of a championship and then out is my call.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uLFAnTnMEBs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 358
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/11/19 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Curious Case of Te’a Cooper. I guess we’ll all have to just to wait & see how everything on and off the court plays out with her - like, everything. It would sure be in her best interest to get a 6th year/4th year of playing time, especially if that indeed also took place at Baylor.

Shades wrote:
Cooper is already a graduate. That’s why she didn’t have to sit yet another year to transfer. With Cox as a senior, this year will be biggest chance for Baylor to repeat as champions. Even if Cooper could swing it, I don’t think she’d be interested in an additional year in college. I think she went into broadcast journalism. Don’t exactly need a PhD for that. One year chase of a championship and then out is my call.


We already know she’s a graduate. We weren’t questioning her immediate eligibility going from South Carolina to Baylor, we were questioning how many years of eligibility she might have now that she’s at Baylor - could be just one, but there’s an outside chance it could be two. If she wants a pro career, she should aim for two unless she makes a dramatic enough jump in her stats.




Last edited by Stormeo on 09/11/19 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
DFWub2018



Joined: 24 Aug 2018
Posts: 262
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/11/19 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Ok! Here me out. I've said this a bunch of times and I'll say it again. If NY doesn't get the #1 pick and they end with the #2, I think they should trade for Moriah Jefferson and take Cox.

**It won't take much to get Moriah because she's been injured and hasn't really played in the W at all.
**To me, when healthy, she has top 5 PG in the league potential.
**Her not 100% is still better than any PG NY has on it's roster.
**As much as NY needs a PG, they need post D too. Charles seems to be allergic to the paint now, and Cox is a low post, physical presence that brings defense to the table.


Damn....everyone seems to either want to take what we have or give us very little to table scraps in return!!!


DFWub2018



Joined: 24 Aug 2018
Posts: 262
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/11/19 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
You think were going to give up Moriah Jefferson for anything other than #2 ?


Why is it every season people seem to want nothing but the worst for our team, or is it just me???


PickledGinger



Joined: 04 Oct 2013
Posts: 487



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/11/19 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
You think were going to give up Moriah Jefferson for anything other than #2 ?


Really? She’s never even played a game in a Wings jersey, how is she that valuable?!? If I am a GM, Jefferson is nowhere on my radar until she proves that she is still physically capable of playing at a high level in this league - which she has not done in 2 years. Trading ANYTHING for a perpetually injured player who has missed as many games in her career as she’s played is, at best, a giant liability.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 7 of 14

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin