44%
 44%  [ 8 ]
Mystics
55%
 55%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 18

ClayK

PostPosted: 09/09/19 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is N'dour that important to the Sky? I would have thought they would have put up more of a fight given the importance of the game.

PostPosted: 09/09/19 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://www.wnba.com/news/wnba-statement-on-chicago-sky-vs-washington-mystics-game/

Quote:
After a league review, we have determined that the technical foul against Chicago’s Astou Ndour should not have been assessed. The technical foul and subsequent ejection have been rescinded.

$10 says we don't see that official in any playoff games.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
mavcarter
#NAPT

PostPosted: 09/09/19 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Is N'dour that important to the Sky?

Ndour’s Offensive Rating for the last 10 games is higher than Candace Parker, Fowles, Griner, Dolson, McCowan, and Cambage. That seems like somewhat of an important player to me. Laughing

PostPosted: 09/09/19 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://www.wnba.com/news/wnba-statement-on-chicago-sky-vs-washington-mystics-game/

Quote:
After a league review, we have determined that the technical foul against Chicago’s Astou Ndour should not have been assessed. The technical foul and subsequent ejection have been rescinded.

Well, its too late for that now isn't it? After reviewing it you would have thought that they would have rescinded it then but that would have been too much of the correct thing to do.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/09/19 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Quote:

They almost had to do that, because I would imagine that a 'contact with an official' ejection is an automatic suspension if upheld. So you either ban her from the first round of the playoffs for that nonsense - and face the disgust that would come from all angles for that decision - or rescind it. Right move.

ETA: Checked the rule book and 'intentional physical contact with an official' is indeed an automatic suspension of at least one game.

PostPosted: 09/09/19 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

They almost had to do that, because I would imagine that a 'contact with an official' ejection is an automatic suspension if upheld. So you either ban her from the first round of the playoffs for that nonsense - and face the disgust that would come from all angles for that decision - or rescind it. Right move.

ETA: Checked the rule book and 'intentional physical contact with an official' is indeed an automatic suspension of at least one game.

I, as a Mystics fan, thought the ejection was ridiculous, as was the Toliver ejection earlier in the season. That ref needs to be fired.

PostPosted: 09/09/19 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

How about a refs contact with a player. Cause he actually initiated the contact, she was standing still. That was one of the most ridiculous calls I have ever seen. Reminded me of the ejection of Lisa Leslie when Brian Enterline bumped into her back in the day.

PostPosted: 09/09/19 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kailapea wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

How about a refs contact with a player. Cause he actually initiated the contact, she was standing still. That was one of the most ridiculous calls I have ever seen. Reminded me of the ejection of Lisa Leslie when Brian Enterline bumped into her back in the day.

Pilight's favorite is is the GWH getting an and one from a non field goal. Laughing

PostPosted: 09/09/19 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It was clearly an overreaction by that ref, and I hope there are consequences attached! Evil or Very Mad

Even though Ndour has her ups and downs, and as I recall, she was struggling yesterday, I think that ejection so early in the game might have affected the outcome. She wasn't the only one being sloppy, but I still think the team's cohesiveness took a hit. Shouldn't matter in the greater scheme, of course...

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: