RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2020
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 09/08/19 6:01 pm    ::: Dallas Wings 2020 Reply Reply with quote

Four players are immediately gone with the addition of Diggins-Smith, Jefferson & their two first-round picks. McCarty-Williams & Gustafson are the first two, but who else? Maybe the can dump Hill with a buy-out(see Kelsey Bone in Las Vegas)? They take a post at #3(Mompremier?) and cut(or trade) McGee-Stafford.

PG: Diggins-Smith/Jefferson
SG: Ogunbowale/Davis/Gray
SF: Thornton/#9 pick(Laksa? Alarie? Martin?)
PF: Johnson/Stevens/Mompremier
C: Harrison/Anigwe

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/08/19 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have

SG: Ogunbowale/Gray
SF: Thornton
PF: Johnson/Stevens

Their lottery pick and probably their Vegas pick at 9 would take 1-2 spots. That leaves 1-2 spots for their two second-rounders (Picks 15 and 21; no third-rounders this year), Davis, IMS, or Gustafson, or maybe even Hill if they choose not to buy her out and she can show she's healthy over the course of the offseason. They’ll move on from BMW I’m guessing, and they should move on from IMS and Davis. Gustafson will have to show improvement on both sides of the ball, but with her work ethic it’s possible.

Last edited by Stormeo on 09/14/19 2:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Randy

PostPosted: 09/08/19 7:23 pm    ::: Re: Dallas Wings 2020 Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Four players are immediately gone with the addition of Diggins-Smith, Jefferson & their two first-round picks. McCarty-Williams & Gustafson are the first two, but who else? Maybe the can dump Hill with a buy-out(see Kelsey Bone in Las Vegas)? They take a post at #3(Mompremier?) and cut(or trade) McGee-Stafford.

SG: Ogunbowale/Davis/Gray
SF: Thornton/#9 pick(Laksa? Alarie? Martin?)
PF: Johnson/Stevens/Mompremier

You really think the best they can do with Pick No. 3 is get a 3rd string PF? Not very encouraging as regards the upcoming draft.

shontay33

PostPosted: 09/08/19 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
I have

SG: Ogunbowale/Gray
SF: Thornton
PF: Johnson/Stevens

Their lottery pick and probably their Vegas pick at 9 would take 1-2 spots. That leaves 1-2 spots for their two second-rounders (no third-rounders this year), Davis, IMS, or Gustafson. They’ll move on from BMW I’m guessing, and they should move on from IMS and Davis. Gustafson will have to show improvement on both sides of the ball, but with her work ethic it’s possible.

I think Davis is gone too. There are several teams that can use her. IMS is also gone too. They could use another small forward.

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 09/08/19 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This team better look completely different next year. Big changes are in store.

Never done this, at least I do t recall, but here we go!

PG: Diggins, Jefferson
SG: ROY 2019, Gray
SF: GLORY JOHNSON, Azura
PF: Cox, Harrison
C: Imani, Anigwe

A lot of players I love are gonna go, but this team needs a makeover.

toad455

PostPosted: 09/08/19 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:

Johnson's not a PF. And Thorton's one of Dallas' best players. I get with getting Cox that's it's a logjam at PF. But Johnson may only have a few more years left anyways.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/08/19 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:

Laughing I love this framing. Whew, they sure would be big at SF. As much as I think they should get rid of Imani, she's still 6'7. Wondering if you meant to omit Thornton on purpose...

It would be cool for Cox to land here. If the Wings don't get a Top-2 Pick, I think they have plenty of assets to offer up where they could maybe work out a good deal to trade up. They have damn near 15 players on this roster already Laughing

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 09/08/19 11:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Imani showed bits of brilliance this summer. This is the chance for the Wings to roll the dice. GJ is a better version of Thornton, even tho I love her, unless she adds something significant she can go.

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 09/08/19 11:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:

Johnson's not a PF. And Thorton's one of Dallas' best players. I get with getting Cox that's it's a logjam at PF. But Johnson may only have a few more years left anyways.

I believe you meant Johnson is not a SF. However, when Thornton was suspended, GJ played the 3, and nearly the entire game there against the Sparks. AND, she was tremendous. Check the stats with and without Thornton. I’m pretty sure the Wings were more successful without Thornton. Anyway, GJ shoots the 3 better than Thornton, she’s faster than her, as aggressive and is much taller and longer. Her defense out at the perimeter is as good or better. At the close of the sparks game, it was GJ defending Chelsea Gray. Whoops Sparks, love ya, but no heroics that game.

As for her age, she’s the same age as Maya. Are we really gonna dismiss her that easy when there are plenty of dinosaurs much older than her still playing and producing, ie., Taurasi, Bird, Parker, Fowles, SERENA?

Shades

PostPosted: 09/09/19 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/guKbN1VOUaA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Got that Wings fans?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 09/09/19 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hill was left out of WNBA2k and Diggins has been pestering them about it

PostPosted: 09/09/19 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

#fix2k20 was trending on Twitter earlier but I, uh, don't think that was the item at the top of most people's lists.

PostPosted: 09/09/19 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the lottery holds to form, no one declares and the draft-able players all live up to their potential we're probably looking at something like

1. NY Ionescu 2, Indy Cox 3. Dallas Mompremier 4. Atl Charles

If I am Indy I would certainly consider a Mompremier and Thorton trade for Cox.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/09/19 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indy has plenty of players that can slot at SF: Burke, Vivians, Laney (rights), Shenise Johnson.

I think Indy has the players it needs. They just need put it together successfully.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
PUmatty

PostPosted: 09/09/19 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
If the lottery holds to form, no one declares and the draft-able players all live up to their potential we're probably looking at something like

There is no way Indy should do that. This is a two-player draft at the top. If you get one of those two, you take them. You don't trade a potential star for spare parts.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/09/19 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Much as I enjoy Kayla Thornton and what she brings, Indiana already have Laney and Burke under contract as pretty similar options. I'd want something more useful to make me trade down.

PostPosted: 09/09/19 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Maybe her face but i just played against her last night in 2K .

PostPosted: 09/09/19 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I did use the word "consider" but

I think Thorton is better than the other SFs mentioned and

Mompremier is going to take it to the next level next season and at least be consistently in the lottery conversation but

so far clearly in the minority

(I'm not blown away by Cox yet, but got both Collier and McCowan wrong from the last draft so I won't be as confident in my scouting as previous years).

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/11/19 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thinking about Dallas, they're a really interesting team to me, in that they not only have just a lot of players on their raw roster, but several of them have some good individual value... particularly when healthy. The front office will have to decide - who is more worth it to keep, and who is more worth it to trade in exchange for a player to fill a greater need? Maybe long-term injuries allow that to work itself out, but everyone is due to be healthy in 2020 unless someone gets pregnant (again?) or the ones who go overseas sustain injuries there (which will probably happen to at least one of them, unfortunately).

Jefferson’s value is being talked about on another thread. To me, Jefferson’s direct Pick value is below a Top 2 one, say between Picks 3-8. She proved she has the talent in her rookie year, hasn’t had a good healthy season really since then, but is still somewhat young coming into her 5th season. For teams that need a PG, a fellow bottom-5 team high on her potential or a mid-level team a tad more bullish about her health should be able to snag her in exchange for their pick. And if Dallas sees a college player they really like within that pick range, maybe they go for it. But they definitely have no business trading her to a current contender though, for sure.

Hot Take Alert: It’d be more worth it to trade Diggins-Smith, especially if she’s even slightly curious about wanting out (which is still a big “if”). If so, the time is now. FWIW, I see Bibb & Agler trying to make both Diggins-Smith and Jefferson work, and I think it will work. I could see Agler starting both Jefferson and Diggins-Smith in the backcourt since both have shooting and passing skills with Ogunbowale off the bench, sort of like how he used Riquna Williams in LA (who has a similar game to Ogunbowale). In specific situations that call for scoring, all 3 could be on the court at the same time. I remember Agler saying he really liked guards who can score back when he was in Seattle. That would explain why he committed to Chelsea Gray's development in LA, why he didn't give up on Williams when she was slow to learn his system, and why he made Ogunbowale their #1 Option this year. All three of the aforementioned Dallas guards can definitely call their own number.

To me, there’s much more to sort out in the front court. And did someone mention once that Stevens didn’t necessary want to play for Dallas cuz she doesn’t care for the front office? If not, I promise I’m not trying to start rumors, I’m just trippin’.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/11/19 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

There is no way Indy should do that. This is a two-player draft at the top. If you get one of those two, you take them. You don't trade a potential star for spare parts.

I think at this point, it's a one player at the top draft [shrug] but we will wait til the fat lady sings to make a final consideration.

- Amanda Gorman
#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 09/13/19 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With the way things are going in Phoenix, I wonder if they would be willing to part ways with BG. If I was Dallas I would off Gray, Davis, and possibly the lottery pick if it’s not top for BG, If not maybe throw in Anigwe, and see if we can some how come up on Cunningham as well, she could make for a decent shooter off the bench.
toad455

PostPosted: 09/13/19 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
With the way things are going in Phoenix, I wonder if they would be willing to part ways with BG. If I was Dallas I would off Gray, Davis, and possibly the lottery pick if it’s not top for BG, If not maybe throw in Anigwe, and see if we can some how come up on Cunningham as well, she could make for a decent shooter off the bench.

Griner has stated that Phoenix is the only team she'll play for. I doubt she gets traded or agrees to one.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/13/19 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.facebook.com/1073543669324005/posts/2730498200295202?sfns=mo

Just in case you’d like to hear the horse speak about 2020 for our Dallas’s wings. I’m so many ways you can tell who won’t be around next season and who will. Jefferson’s not being traded so that’s out, I think KD has seen her last days in a wings uniform.

PostPosted: 09/13/19 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Just in case you’d like to hear the horse speak about 2020 for our Dallas’s wings. I’m so many ways you can tell who won’t be around next season and who will. Jefferson’s not being traded so that’s out, I think KD has seen her last days in a wings uniform.

I wouldn't mind if the Dream pick her up so long as its a reasonable deal.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/13/19 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I wouldn't mind if the Dream pick her up so long as its a reasonable deal.

Why? Davis has never been good.

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 1 of 22

Jump to: