Board Junkies Forums

Chicago Sky 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/07/19 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
Anyone else notice KLS’s mom tweeted “@arike_o ROY”

Isn’t that kind of odd knowing how close KLS and Collier are?

Could be just her fully objective opinion...
Or could be just another indicator that she’s on cr@ck....

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/07/19 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

May also be because she's now Karli's teammate?

- Amanda Gorman
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/07/19 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:

That Tweet was from after the the game the day the Wings signed Karlie to a 7-Day contract.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/07/19 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
May also be because she's now Karli's teammate?

SpaceJunkie wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

That Tweet was from after the the game the day the Wings signed Karlie to a 7-Day contract.

It’d be interesting if Karlie’s 7-dayer ran out before the season’s end & it wasn’t renewed. I could see Mother Jones immediately deleting her tweet of endorsement the moment Karlie wasn’t Arike’s teammate anymore Laughing

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/07/19 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
It’d be interesting if Karlie’s 7-dayer ran out before the season’s end & it wasn’t renewed. I could see Mother Jones immediately deleting her tweet of endorsement the moment Karlie wasn’t Arike’s teammate anymore Laughing

She was already signed for the remainder of the season a couple days ago.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/07/19 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks so much, mom. In a super-competitive league where just making the cut each season is an achievement in itself, what I really need added to my résumé right now is "comes as a package deal with pain-in-the-ass mother". I appreciate your help.

PostPosted: 09/07/19 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

She was already signed for the remainder of the season a couple days ago.

Sorry, I meant “it would have been interesting”. I didn’t think they’d do Karlie dirty like that & let her contract just expire one or two days before the season ended Laughing

And another thing: the author in the Sun Times article claims, "Samuelson's playing time has been a contentious topic all season". For who, Mama Jonesy? First time I'm hearing of this "contentious", "topic". Where are these non-blood-relative Sky and/or Katie Lou fans out there that are demanding she get more minutes? Nowhere I know Laughing

KLS has appeared in 19 games thus far. 7.3 MPG, 0.7 RPG, 0.4 APG, 0.3 SPG. 2.2 PPG on 28% FG from both 2 and 3. How ya like them stats, Karen? Razz

Randy

PostPosted: 09/08/19 7:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Karlie has only gotten in 6 games all season, but no tweets blasting her coaches about that. I guess we know who Mother Jones favorite is.....

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/08/19 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Thanks so much, mom. In a super-competitive league where just making the cut each season is an achievement in itself, what I really need added to my résumé right now is "comes as a package deal with pain-in-the-ass mother". I appreciate your help.

Laughing g1

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 09/08/19 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unless you’re severely over drafted like Shaqkator (with Curt Miller’s blessing), it’s unusual for lottery picks to get that few of minutes. Wouldn’t you agree, pilight? I guess the excuse is her obligatory perennial injury set her back and they didn’t want to risk upsetting the chemistry in what appeared to be working.

Why not just say it like that instead of something like “wanted her as a long term prospect”. I know he’s a rookie GM, but a lottery team doesn’t use lottery picks on long term prospects. Chicago isn’t that stacked, or wasn’t at draft time. They subsequently traded for Lavender, which helped them a lot. You pick up long term prospects in the bottom of the first round or early in the second round. He messed up in the second round too. I knew he did. Went for hype.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 09/08/19 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, it's unusual for a lottery pick to play that few of minutes

#NATC

PostPosted: 09/08/19 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quigley/[Copper]/[Williams]
DeShields/Copper/[Williams]

While the Sky made have not been “stacked”, there was already enough wing depth that Samuelson was just simply an added piece. And while the Sky were a lottery team last season, I’m assuming there were legitimate expectations that this team should be competing for a playoff spot. So choosing a long term prospect in this scenario somewhat made sense.

As far as “botching” the second round pick, only Jessica Shepherd and Megan Gustafson are the only legitimate cases of picks that could’ve been chosen and most likely could’ve made some impact. Nice, complementary players but I’m not loosing sleep over 2nd round picks, yet.

PostPosted: 09/08/19 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who knows, maybe Wade thinks Quigley & Sloot will ride off into the sunset together & retire soon Laughing Then every remaining perimeter player the Sky have becomes ultra-important.

Not to delve into their personal lives, but if they decided to have kids of their own soon... most likely that would involve one of them getting pregnant and thus sitting out a season (unless it was all really well timed...)

Randy

PostPosted: 09/08/19 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Who knows, maybe Wade thinks Quigley & Sloot will ride off into the sunset together & retire soon Laughing Then every remaining perimeter player the Sky have becomes ultra-important.

Not to delve into their personal lives, but if they decided to have kids of their own soon... most likely that would involve one of them getting pregnant and thus sitting out a season (unless it was all really well timed...)

Don't give Mother Jones any ideas, or I cringe at the thought of her next tweet.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 09/08/19 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Quote:
“I don’t have a contract with her mother, I have a contract with her,” Wade said.

Exclamation

I’ll be surprised if Samuelson is on the roster next season.

I thought people were saying that Diamond (and Kaela Davis) had the crazy parents yet here is KLS's mom doing the absolute most Laughing Laughing Laughing

lynxmania

PostPosted: 09/08/19 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Don't give Mother Jones any ideas, or I cringe at the thought of her next tweet.

I can just envision it now! Laughing
Quote:
Mother Jones @klsisthebestskyplayer
Rebkell is talking badly about me, but you know what? I hope they get another php error and it takes them out forever! Twisted Evil

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/08/19 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Randy wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Quote:
Rebkell is talking badly about me, but you know what? I hope they get another php error and it takes them out forever! Twisted Evil

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 09/08/19 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Randy wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Quote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Laughing I’d say, get a life, Karen! If you want us gone, you’ll first have to figure out what php even stands for Wink

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/11/19 6:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sky players were apparently upset about the article on KLS's mother and refused to talk to the Chicago Sun Times after Tuesday's practice. Which seems pretty ridiculous. Assuming she did actually say/tweet those things - and I can't imagine the journalist making them up - then the article seemed pretty even-handed. Weird reaction from the players on the eve of your first playoff game in three years.

PostPosted: 09/11/19 8:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe we should consider the possibility that Mother Jones is "not completely well" and the players didn't want it to be an embarrassment for KLS Or maybe she is just a loose cannon or worse. I can see the players being really upset the reporting.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/11/19 9:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Maybe we should consider the possibility that Mother Jones is "not completely well" and the players didn't want it to be an embarrassment for KLS Or maybe she is just a loose cannon or worse. I can see the players being really upset the reporting.

Should be relatable to DeShields since her dad was the same way when Diamond was at the college level, and I’m guessing he’s had little to complain about on the pro level.

The person I feel the most for in this situation is Quigley. Her and Sloot sounded like they want to be lifers at Chicago (and how often does that happen for Chicago... never). They probably have a good 5 or 6 years left in their careers. Now she’s conscious of the fact that Wade considers KLS his backup plan for Quigley. That’s a little bit of pressure on ya especially when you have an unhappy mom wanting her daughter to get a big bump up in minutes. Hopefully it doesn’t throw Quigley off her game too much by thinking about it. Maybe the whole situation will annoy Quigley and Sloot enough that they will go from wanting to be Chicago lifers to shopping themselves around for a good fit with another team.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 09/11/19 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
The Sky players were apparently upset about the article on KLS's mother and refused to talk to the Chicago Sun Times after Tuesday's practice. Which seems pretty ridiculous. Assuming she did actually say/tweet those things - and I can't imagine the journalist making them up - then the article seemed pretty even-handed. Weird reaction from the players on the eve of your first playoff game in three years.

It seems like a reasonable reaction to me. Who needs stupid distractions like that right before playoffs?

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 09/11/19 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The maddening promise of Diamond DeShields
Polarizing reputation. Confusing résumé. Swirling questions. Second-year Chicago Sky guard Diamond DeShields is at a turning point in her young professional career. What has never been in question? Her ridiculous talent.

Katie Barnes (espnW.com)
https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/27585926/the-maddening-promise-diamond-deshields

HomerCecil

PostPosted: 09/11/19 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

It seems like a reasonable reaction to me. Who needs stupid distractions like that right before playoffs?

Because you can’t ask for the same coverage men get and then shut out the media when the coverage gets critical. The Sun-Times reporter was doing his or her job by asking about it. At least give a no comment. Journalists are not public relations employees for the Sky.

SDHoops

PostPosted: 09/11/19 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As an avid UConn fan that usually takes that fanhood to the pros when UConn players go, I think it's total B.S. for KLS's mom to do that. I thought it was B.S. when her sister cried around about her not getting All-American during her senior season. Katie didn't step up one iota in the Final Four during her formative years and that's on her! Darko Milicic anyone? Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22

Jump to: