WNBA in NBA2K?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/07/19 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
miller40 wrote:
For y'all who got it last night, how was it?! I'm going to pick up my copy after work today. Can't wait!

It’s mother freaking awesome literally awesome! I’m on game 6 in the regular season. I feel disloyal bc I chose to play my first season with LV instead of Dallas. They have every players shot, movements , positions as realistic as I’ve ever seen . They’re still missing maybe 10-15 players faces but even without the face they still got the player prototype and skill set down pact. 2K did a great job with storylines trades social media and even WNBA history and records! Great investment I’m hooked! Excited too see how NBA Live 20 will stack up with their WNBA portion now.

I’m really feeling it too! The faces are sooooo much better. The only complaint I have is they really couldn’t get at least the head coaches in there?

They would have had to pay each coach and set contracts with each agent. Seems to be a lot for the first installment. Maybe next season , I’m on game 13 now and I’ve noticed they forgot an all star game ! Unless it’s going to surprise me after game 17?

PostPosted: 09/07/19 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/i/status/1170322937620180992

Let's see Collier do that Laughing

#NATC

PostPosted: 09/07/19 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 09/08/19 12:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Amazing that even that, posted by a genuine Notre Dame fan just having some fun, led to all kinds of nonsense in the replies. Yeesh.

PostPosted: 09/30/19 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The WNBA in NBA 2K20: Proof of a long-overdue concept

https://www.polygon.com/2019/9/29/20890391/nba-2k20-wnba-mode-myleague-features-teams-pc-ps4-xbox-one-nintendo-switch

Quote:
The pace of play in NBA 2K20 overall is slower and that helps the women’s game not by comparison to the men’s speed, but by the way it highlights spacing and matchups, especially switching the offense to exploit them. I learned this the hard way when I was playing the Washington Mystics against the Connecticut Sun, and ended up with Kristi Toliver (5-foot-7) on Jonquel Jones (6-foot-6). You don’t see too many 11-inch height advantages in the NBA, and Jones went through me like crap through a goose.

PostPosted: 05/12/20 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wondering if there will be an update when the season starts with current rosters to reflects trades, signings, movement, etc. Or, if you’ll have to buy 2k21 to get the new drafted players.

Also, I wonder if they’ll ever be a legends download with past greats/teams? Jackson, Leslie, Hammon, Swoopes, etc. How fun would that be?
awhom111

PostPosted: 05/13/20 12:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
Wondering if there will be an update when the season starts with current rosters to reflects trades, signings, movement, etc. Or, if you’ll have to buy 2k21 to get the new drafted players.

Also, I wonder if they’ll ever be a legends download with past greats/teams? Jackson, Leslie, Hammon, Swoopes, etc. How fun would that be?

Depends on what agreement they reached, although I do not really believe that they would care enough to put in the effort for that. Football Manager does add the new MLS signings midway through the release cycle.

The latter seems unlikely unless somebody had real foresight in grouping historic rights together. It is more likely that they only have the license for current players and would have to negotiate with each individual past player to add them to the game. On the NBA side, they notoriously want Charles Barkley and Reggie Miller, but are unwilling to meet their demands.
Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/13/20 12:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't people build custom players/rosters with the Create-a-Player functions in these games, though? Then make them uploadable for everyone else? That might be the likeliest way to get playable legends.

For new current rosters you usually have to buy the next iteration of these games. Feels like that's about all you're paying for in something like the last 15 versions of Madden.

PostPosted: 05/13/20 7:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Don't people build custom players/rosters with the Create-a-Player functions in these games, though? Then make them uploadable for everyone else? That might be the likeliest way to get playable legends.

For new current rosters you usually have to buy the next iteration of these games. Feels like that's about all you're paying for in something like the last 15 versions of Madden.

NBA 2K20 does not have the Create-A-Player feature for the WNBA. Just season mode , trades and free agent signings. I have updated my roster to reflect the current rosters for each team , but unfortunately i cannot insert rookies due to them not being scanned in the game yet . Oddly Enough in season mode Vegas & LA are the top 2 teams so far.

PostPosted: 05/13/20 8:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.powerplays.news/p/nba-live-and-nba-2k-need-to-stop

Quote:
First of all, it was only a MyLeague mode. There was no option to create a player and guide them through a WNBA career, like you could do with a male player. This feature, known as MyCareer, is one of the biggest selling points of the game. It also turned out that the WNBA MyLeague mode was locked to a single season, which is why 2K had been calling it ‘Seasons Mode’ in all of the promotional material. While you can play nearly a century into the future with an NBA team, you get the 2019 WNBA season and that’s it. This basic and extremely limited offering makes the mode feel more akin to a demo than a meaningful WNBA experience.

PostPosted: 05/13/20 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It will only get better from here. It is a yearly game. THAT being said, I have always thought that it was a little arbitrary for EA not to include a create a player for the WNBA feature. It’s literally just a re-skin of the men’s version. That is easily my biggest complaint about the ‘20 version.

Unfortunately, I don’t believe they have ever included rookie patches in their games, so I do believe that we will have to wait for the next iteration to be released. Interesting to think about the fact that these rookies might be playing as themselves in a video game before ever actually playing a real basketball game.

awhom111

PostPosted: 07/17/20 11:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Weird moments earlier this week as someone used the wrong numbers somewhere in the programming and gave MyTeam cards WNBA player pictures by mistake. The ones I saw were Jerry West replaced by Kayla McBride, Onyeka Okongwu replaced by Lindsay Allen, and R.J. Hampton replaced by Dearica Hamby.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/21/20 7:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
Weird moments earlier this week as someone used the wrong numbers somewhere in the programming and gave MyTeam cards WNBA player pictures by mistake. The ones I saw were Jerry West replaced by Kayla McBride, Onyeka Okongwu replaced by Lindsay Allen, and R.J. Hampton replaced by Dearica Hamby.

I know they are doing new scans for 2K21 during each team's media day's so that could have played apart in the mix up.

PostPosted: 07/24/20 11:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
awhom111 wrote:

I know they are doing new scans for 2K21 during each team's media day's so that could have played apart in the mix up.

Apparently they just ended up needing more player IDs than expected and did not realize that those numbers already belonged to WNBA players. Just another of a long list of baffling errors this year, some that could have gotten somebody fired.

It turns out those 2K21 scans are also in 2K20 starting today so it is possible to play with the new teams now.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/25/20 7:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
awhom111 wrote:

Apparently they just ended up needing more player IDs than expected and did not realize that those numbers already belonged to WNBA players. Just another of a long list of baffling errors this year, some that could have gotten somebody fired.

It turns out those 2K21 scans are also in 2K20 starting today so it is possible to play with the new teams now

Ohhh turns on Xbox one ! Thank you for this info.

PostPosted: 07/25/20 8:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yay They have finally added the rookies to 2K Ionescu Overall 84
Sabally at 79 ! Full WNBA update with roster movement player animation and movements along with rookie class being inserted! I definitely have to start a new season today!

PostPosted: 07/27/20 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Started a new season and moved all the rookies to the Liberty just to try them all out. Carter is rated, I think, a little too low. Other than that, they haven’t been face scanned and it feels like Sabrina is just a carbon copy of Bird. Dangerfield is really fun to run the point with.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/27/20 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
Started a new season and moved all the rookies to the Liberty just to try them all out. Carter is rated, I think, a little too low. Other than that, they haven’t been face scanned and it feels like Sabrina is just a carbon copy of Bird. Dangerfield is really fun to run the point with.

Agreed Carter is the biggest blunder of the rookies scored way too low. Im guessing they wont unveil their face scans til the 21 version of 2K comes out. Sabrina is pretty good on here , Cox is a factor off the bench with Indiana. Sabally's 3pt shot could be better along with Harris's ball handling .

PostPosted: 08/04/20 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow! Jerry West has never looked this good before! Wink Razz

PostPosted: 08/05/20 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any word if there will be a multiple season mode or my career with female players?

PostPosted: 08/05/20 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
Any word if there will be a multiple season mode or my career with female players?

Not that I’ve heard yet. 2K has been strangely silent on new features, which has me expecting the worst, but hoping for the best. I really want a my career mode so I can build an LJ type player and join the Storm before Sue retires.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/05/20 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

Not that I’ve heard yet. 2K has been strangely silent on new features, which has me expecting the worst, but hoping for the best. I really want a my career mode so I can build an LJ type player and join the Storm before Sue retires.

I think they are doing the more in depth by year stance. EA had this idea before Live crapped out again .

PostPosted: 08/05/20 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My biggest wish is that they include All-Legend teams. The 24 best retired players in league history would be awesome. Or at the very least create-a-player and create-a-team options so we can build our own.

Tally24

PostPosted: 08/05/20 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
My biggest wish is that they include All-Legend teams. The 24 best retired players in league history would be awesome. Or at the very least create-a-player and create-a-team options so we can build our own.

Agree. Back in 2k14?? I think, I was able to create the league and the rosters of ten teams. For some reason, when I tried to add numbers 11 and 12, the game would freeze and shut down. Anyway, it’s a cool feature, and would be nice to use with actual female options instead of just giving every player a ponytail.
awhom111

PostPosted: 08/05/20 11:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

There will essentially be two versions of the game this year due to the company wanting their cash as soon as possible even though the changed NBA schedule gave them the perfect opportunity to launch the game at the same time as the new consoles. I would imagine that they only talk about the old machine version of the game for now and there are supposedly basically no features for that. I did see something where apparently WNBA fans should be looking forward to the second version. I hope that there is some MyTeam presence at least in terms of logos, jersey, arenas, and maybe coaches and playbooks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: