RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Rebkell Fantasy Basketball League
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYSports56

PostPosted: 09/04/19 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
There's also the issue of playing the last week of the season because it's hard to know (especially at the beginning of the season) who is going to be resting and which games mean the most, so when the coach is going to be willing to shut down starters, etc...

It wasn't supposed to be this way. Back when we were first starting things, I posted:

NWSports56 wrote:
The WNBA season is 17 weeks long, just like an NFL season. Most NFL fantasy leagues do not use the final week at all, because starters are often rested and it's a shame to use such a week for the final championship game. I think we should do that as well, and so we will have a 16 week season, including playoffs.

There's only one problem: the WNBA season is actually only 16 weeks wrong. I miscounted.

So we're using the final week for the championship, and that was not intended. Fortunately, it seems like every player started so far has been given good minutes in their games.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/05/19 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To be clear, I wasn't complaining. Theoretically at least it should effect everybody's team, but in a random way. I haven't paid close enough attention, but I know that for our team, I think both Griner and J.Thomas would have played more minutes regardless of the score, if the games had been a week earlier. And if, for example, Tina Charles were on my team, I would not be happy. But it's all part of fantasy land - there's a lot of ifs. It's really hard to predict! And that's all part of the fun.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 09/05/19 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, we got very lucky tonight. It looked like Cambage would have a 60 point night, but she got what hopefully is a minor injury so didn't play most of the second half. Now if Quigley can outscore Diamond tomorrow...

- Amanda Gorman
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/05/19 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Well, we got very lucky tonight.

Unlucky for your tipping though, which was on track to be the first perfect round of the season.

PostPosted: 09/05/19 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Well, we got very lucky tonight.

Unlucky for your tipping though, which was on track to be the first perfect round of the season.

don't worry...probably won't win another game the rest of the week. Laughing

- Amanda Gorman
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/05/19 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah not the best from Cambage and Plum it looks like Diamond will have to out perform Allies by about 12 to 15 points.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 09/06/19 12:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Yeah not the best from Cambage and Plum it looks like Diamond will have to out perform Allies by about 12 to 15 points.

10 points exactly!

And that's pretty awesome. We have a really close championship final--the Sky-Sun game should be a lot of fun!

Deshields averages 5.9 points a game more than Quigley (29.0-23.1)

Diamond's last 5 (most recent on top):
26.2 points (15 Pts, 6 Reb, 2 Stl, 2 TO)
35.0 points (17 Pts, 5 Reb, 4 Ast, 2 Stl, 1 Blk, 3 TO)
29.3 points (19 Pts, 4 Reb, 5 Ast, 2 TO)
30.0 points (18 Pts, 5 Reb, 2 Ast, 1 Stl, 1 Blk, 3 TO)
29.8 points (22 Pts, 4 Reb, 2 Ast, 1 Stl, 3 TO)

Allie's last 5 (most recent on top):
18.2 points (12 Pts, 1 Reb, 4 Ast, 1 TO)
24.3 points (16 Pts, 4 Reb, 3 Ast, 1 TO)
20.4 points (14 Pts, 2 Reb, 2 Ast, 1 Stl, 2 TO)
32.7 points (24 Pts, 1 Reb, 1 Ast, 2 Stl)
11.5 points (2 Pts, 5 Reb, 1 Ast, 1 Stl, 1 TO)

So Deshields has outpointed Quigley by 10 points twice in the last five weeks. Two of the games she didn't, she came within two points. It should be dramatic from a fantasy standpoint! The Sky have everything to play for--a first round bye is still on the table for them.

Good luck again to you both--personally, I am rooting for the wildest fantasy game ever. I hope the lead changes several times in the last two minutes!

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/06/19 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<gulp> we are depending on Shekinna Stricklen to guard Diamond. Shocked

- Amanda Gorman
NYSports56

PostPosted: 09/06/19 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diamond tears it up in the first quarter with 16.4 fantasy points! Quigley's only got 4.0, so J-Spoon takes the lead by 2.4!

Time for an Allie-rally!

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/06/19 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

looks like Diamond is going for a career night. [sigh] well, I just gotta tip the hat to her and J.

- Amanda Gorman
NYSports56

PostPosted: 09/06/19 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Deshields lengthens J-Spoon's lead at the half! Diamond 24.1, Allie 7.5. J-Spoon leads by 6.6 going into the final half of RFBL basketball!

NYSports56

PostPosted: 09/06/19 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh my--Diamond down on the court holding her knee.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 09/06/19 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diamond's OK, leads after 3 quarters 29.3-12.5. J-Spoon's lead is still just under 7 points. Not impossible, but Quigley hasn't seemed to be a part of the Chicago offense tonight.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 09/06/19 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Overtime! But J-Spoon's lead is up to 12.2 points and Quigley is riding the bench. It's looking like it's over.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 09/06/19 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congratulations to J-Spoon, 2019 RFBL Champion!!!

calbearman76

PostPosted: 09/06/19 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congratulations to J-Spoon. Well done.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/06/19 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great effort J-Spoon, especially considering the late arrival into the competition and therefore the draft.

PostPosted: 09/07/19 12:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good game Myrtle

And thanks to NYSports for all his hard work Overall I found the head to head match up format very exciting.

This was a hard year to judge I really think anyone could have won with so many 1st round talents sitting out or injured (Moore, Stewart, Angel, Skylar, Bird) and others just not being themselves this year (DT, Parker) drafting was a challenge.

My observation is that everyone had a big two (usually their first two players drafted) and support players who needed to consistently score in the low 20s fantasy points-wise. If your big two performed well and none of your support players blew it you were likely to win your match up. Or if someone dropped the ball you could still win if one of your support players had a big number game, but usually if your big two performed below average or one of your support players landed in the single digits you were going to lose that match.

On my team my big two were Cambage and Diamond. Joining late allowed me to take a swing on Cambage even before she was traded and might sit out because I had nothing to lose. After missing an early week and low minutes the next few she became a fantasy juggernaut probably a top 5 player. Diamond was technically the last second round player picked and performed like a first rounder mainly because so much top talent didn't play or barely played this season. So I basically owe my season to Liz and Diamond (two of the more polarizing players in the league) with healthy, consistent support form ClarK and E. Will two players who could get in low 20s fantasy points even while often scoring in single digits because they filled the stat sheet both with defensive stats like steals and blocks while also getting decent rebounds and some assists. My 2nd guard spot was my weak link Plum lost me some games, as did K. Davis and T. Mitchell when I wasn't willing to play Plum. When I got strong production out of that 2nd guard spot my team usually did well.

When I look at my last 3 playoff wins I also notice that often my opponents had some bad luck rather than my team played off the charts. Glory Johnson had a single digit game, Bonner and Charles did OK but had been killing it prior to my match up with Toad and tonight Quigly had a very quiet night, (certainly below her average) while Deshields did her thing. I only mention this to show how much luck is involved with these kind of games.

Thanks everyone, it was a fun season!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43
Page 43 of 43

Jump to: