RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

ACC-2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ucbart

PostPosted: 08/25/19 8:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Matt5762 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

I believe Syracuse has already announced that Mangakahia is sitting out this year to battle cancer.

They have? I live in Syracuse and I haven't heard a thing....

http://dailyorange.com/2019/08/tiana-mangakahia-miss-next-season-amid-battle-breast-cancer/

I wake up every day and watch the local news and I really hope I missed this announcement, because if they didn't report it, I'll be pissed.

A 6th year senior PG in Mangakahia and a junior Emily Engstler is going to be very dangerous in 2021.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 08/25/19 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i hope the ACC network shows a shitload of live WCB. Very Happy

PostPosted: 10/16/19 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Media and Coaches preseason picks.
http://theacc.com/news/2019/10/16/louisville-selected-2019-20-acc-womens-basketball-preseason-favorite.aspx

Top three in both polls:

1. Louisville
2. North Carolina State
3. Florida State

All ACC team
https://mobile.twitter.com/accwbb/status/1184530097694490625/photo/1

Mompremier is player of the year.

And the newcomers of the year as predicted by coaches

River Baldwin Florida State
Sam Brunelles Notre Dame
Anaya Peoples Notre Dame
Jakia Turner Brown North Carolina State
Nyah Green Louisville

PostPosted: 10/16/19 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Q feels the Quse omission in top 10 preseason polls a sign of disrespect.

https://www.syracuse.com/sports/2019/10/coach-irked-by-lowered-expectations-for-syracuse-womens-basketball-its-insulting.html

Kiana Lewis readies to take over the Quse drivers seat.

https://www.syracuse.com/sports/2019/10/kiara-lewis-takes-over-show-for-syracuse-womens-basketball-im-ready-for-it.html?outputType=amp

PostPosted: 10/16/19 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I want to see if Amanda Butler can continue her improvements at Clemson. I know some key players graduated but I believe some of her former Gator players are now eligible after transferring.

PostPosted: 10/16/19 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I get a chuckle that the rest of the ACC thinks this is the year to finally get a chance to knock ND down a peg or two.

We'll see. Maybe they're right.

ND is certainly lacking experience -- an unprecedented lack of experience -- but ND still has better talent and better coaching than any other team in the league. How far will that carry them? Interesting experiment.

BTW, I think they are overlooking Miami too. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see both ND and Miami in the top 3 at season end.

SDHoops

PostPosted: 10/16/19 10:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
I get a chuckle that the rest of the ACC thinks this is the year to finally get a chance to knock ND down a peg or two.

We'll see. Maybe they're right.

ND is certainly lacking experience -- an unprecedented lack of experience -- but ND still has better talent and better coaching than any other team in the league. How far will that carry them? Interesting experiment.

BTW, I think they are overlooking Miami too. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see both ND and Miami in the top 3 at season end.

Although I've grown to dislike Muffet, I still have a certain respect for her and the program to know never to count them out! Plus you are right, they have a very good class coming in and if they gel quickly, they could easily be a Top 25+ team. A "down" year at ND is a banner year for most programs in the country!

ridor

PostPosted: 10/16/19 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As much as I love Virginia Cavaliers, I still monitor the program from afar. I'm in Idaho. I guess I should start cheering for Montana or Utah. LOL. Virginia's schedule is insane. I don't know what Tina was thinking but she's good pals with Tony Bennett who did do the fantastic job for MBB, winning the national championship much to my delight. I must have faith in Tina. But that schedule is ... brutal.

Howee

PostPosted: 10/16/19 11:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Q feels the Quse omission in top 10 preseason polls a sign of disrespect.

https://www.syracuse.com/sports/2019/10/coach-irked-by-lowered-expectations-for-syracuse-womens-basketball-its-insulting.html

Legit complaint or not, it's a good motivator for a team. I'm looking forward to seeing them play in NY next month.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: