RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Keep Marysville a white community as much as possible

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 08/23/19 7:06 pm    ::: Keep Marysville a white community as much as possible Reply Reply with quote

Marysville council candidate Jean Cramer stuns with racist comment

Quote:
MARYSVILLE, Mich. – A city council candidate in Marysville stunned an election forum Thursday night with racist comments that she later doubled down on when answering a question about diversity.

Much of the night focused on city development and park improvements, but that thread was momentarily marred with shock following a racist statement from political newcomer Jean Cramer.

“Keep Marysville a white community as much as possible,” said Cramer, one of five candidates vying for three open council seats in November.

Cramer and the candidates were asked, “Do you believe the diversity of our community needs to be looked at, and if so, should we be more aggressive in attracting foreign-born citizens?”

Quote:
After the forum, Cramer was asked by the Times Herald if she wanted to clarify her response.

“As long as, how can I put this? What Kathy Hayman doesn’t know is that her family is in the wrong,” she said. “(A) husband and wife need to be the same race. Same thing with kids. That’s how it’s been from the beginning of, how can I say, when God created the heaven and the earth. He created Adam and Eve at the same time. But as far as me being against blacks, no I’m not.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/marysville-council-candidate-jean-cramer-stuns-with-racist-comment/ar-AAGehpS

PostPosted: 08/23/19 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Poor thing....she looks like she's been thawed out from a cryogenic vault from 1953. Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 08/24/19 2:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I admire her honesty Rolling Eyes

pilight

PostPosted: 08/24/19 8:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn racist yankees

PostPosted: 08/25/19 8:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Damn racist yankees

I am consistently stunned at how many New Englanders proudly fly the Confederate Flag..

Last edited by mercfan3 on 08/26/19 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 08/25/19 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Damn racist yankees

I am consistently stunned at how many Nee Englanders proudly fly the Confederate Flag..

Living in a town which voted more than 65% for Il Dooshay, I'm not.

Confederate flags, Don't Tread on Me banners, CCDL stickers- and the rest of the usual markers of racist, white assholishness- on display here.

PostPosted: 08/25/19 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There are tons of White communities who believe this on the low. They will not sell houses to Black people. They don't want their kids in integrated schools. Even White liberals are erasing us from our city neighborhoods. This racist woman was just bold enough to tell the truth.

...And I bet she has a good shot at winning the seat.

PostPosted: 08/26/19 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't usually watch the videos that go along with the article. I have in the past and the article usually follows the video pretty closely. I thought that there were a couple of things in the video that were not in the story that were pretty interesting.

At ~:25 she said that if a black couple moved in next door, she'd be fine with it. Then you get to what she says at ~:45. Poor woman, doesn't know what she believes.

Quote:
After the forum, she expanded on her beliefs, particularly that people of different races shouldn’t get married.

Asked if she understood why that might upset her neighbors, she said: “If there is the biracial marriage in the family, yes.”

“Because those people don’t know the other side of it,” she said. “For whatever reason, I’ve heard, they love each other, whatever, but there’s also such a thing as remaining single. People don’t necessarily have to get married, and, if they love somebody, love them single. There’s nothing wrong with that.”

Can you imagine if a biracial couple moved in next door? Smile She just can't imagine a mixed race couple loving each other. Rolling Eyes

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/08/24/marysville-council-candidate-jean-cramer-makes-racist-comments-again/2109750001/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Genero36

PostPosted: 08/26/19 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Vi1dMavI5eg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://youtu.be/Vi1dMavI5eg

PostPosted: 08/26/19 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I hadta stop after she said, "....it's against the Bible". 'Nuff said, darlin'.

(Anybody wanna tell her that Moses almighty had a black wife?) Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 08/26/19 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She wanted to keep a Michigan city white. Now she's dropped her bid for office

Quote:
Jean Cramer, 67, submitted a written notification to the city saying she wanted to remove her name from the November ballot and withdraw from the election, according to a Facebook post from the City of Marysville. However, Cramer's name will stay on the ballot because the official withdrawal date, mandated by the State Elections Bureau, was April 26, the post said.

Cramer could not be reached for comment on Monday.
The city's mayor, Dan Damman, said he was thankful Cramer withdrew from the race.

"I had publicly asked her to withdraw the day after she made the initial statement, and public sentiment from our residents was swift and bold as they rejected her ideology," Damman said in an email to CNN. "It is my sincere hope that she withdrew because she recognized that her belief system and ideology have no place in public service; not in Marysville, not anywhere."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/26/us/marysville-michigan-city-council-racist-comments-drops-out-soh/index.html

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: