95%  [ 21 ]
Wings
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 22

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/14/19 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wings with a lot of heart and intensity.

#NATC

PostPosted: 08/14/19 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

People can say what they want and crack jokes about Ogunbowale but she’s got to potential be a legitimate star in this league.

Last edited by mavcarter on 08/14/19 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/14/19 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:

And on the flipside, the Sparks are an embarrassing waste of talent

PostPosted: 08/14/19 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So I’m here and I’m hella pissed this is not apart of the plan like seriously arike is starting to become a problemmmm Confused

PostPosted: 08/14/19 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Glory Johnson 3-3 from three tonight.

Hush shades Laughing Laughing I still don’t trust it

PostPosted: 08/14/19 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
People can say what they want and crack jokes about Ogunbowale but she’s got to potential to be a legitimate star in this league.

People need to stop Laughing Laughing Laughing this ROY race is looking very similar to the Alisha gray vs Brittney Sykes year.

PostPosted: 08/14/19 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

And on the flipside, the Sparks are an embarrassing waste of talent

Laughing

Wings literally took that game.

PostPosted: 08/14/19 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
Sparks better watch it. They have a tendency to take teams too lightly when they expect an easy win. They tend to lose focus and mess around too much in these sort of games. All the teams have good players who are capable of filling it up.

I'll have to watch the second half before I comment on this game. Was interupted by a friend I had not talked to in a long time.

I sort of felt this might be a trap game. The Sparks have a tendency to lose game they are supposed to win because of a lack of effort and focus. Any team in the league can put together a good game on any given night so you can not let up.

PostPosted: 08/14/19 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The real important thing is that now the Wings have the tie-breaker over LA! Wink

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 08/14/19 11:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
willtalk wrote:
Sparks better watch it. They have a tendency to take teams too lightly when they expect an easy win. They tend to lose focus and mess around too much in these sort of games. All the teams have good players who are capable of filling it up.

I'll have to watch the second half before I comment on this game. Was interupted by a friend I had not talked to in a long time.

I sort of felt this might be a trap game. The Sparks have a tendency to lose game they are supposed to win because of a lack of effort and focus. Any team in the league can put together a good game on any given night so you can not let up.

Exactly what this was. A trap game. Should’ve won.

PostPosted: 08/15/19 12:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just got in. I'll get something to eat and see how our ladies screwed things up.

PostPosted: 08/15/19 12:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
People can say what they want and crack jokes about Ogunbowale but she’s got to potential be a legitimate star in this league.

I think she will be very interesting to watch next season with Diggins back. Will see be able to adjust? Will Diggins? Cuz they both like the ball in their hands and the backcourt of Diggins/Sims didn't really work out.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/15/19 1:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

I think she will be very interesting to watch next season with Diggins back. Will see be able to adjust? Will Diggins? Cuz they both like the ball in their hands and the backcourt of Diggins/Sims didn't really work out.

They've also got the rights to Jefferson, and what if they luck into the #1 pick? If they decide Ionescu's too good to pass up regardless of need, things get a little bit complicated.

But I agree that it's going to be interesting to see what she's like on a different kind of team. Because in a lesser role on a more talented squad, you'd hope for increased efficiency (and to be fair to Arike, she's gotten more efficient as this season's gone along, even on the same team). But it may just be that this is her game, and the efficiency is largely the same regardless of volume or usage rate.

You can absolutely see why a bunch of GMs were really high on her coming into the draft, though. The raw talent is very much there if she can harness it.

PostPosted: 08/15/19 6:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

Gunner plays a lot like Diggins. Zero assists to 6 turnovers from the PG position and 21 recordable shots taken. In fact, Gunner was the only player on the team who didn’t have an assist. Only 10 assists for the whole team. Not a pretty brand of basketball that would hold up long term.

Agler’s been bad this year but he couldn’t do a lot to screw up this game. The starters were fairly obvious. The starters got the most minutes, which may be a first in a game for Agler this season.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/15/19 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Because of course, the Wings have so many reliable scorers on their roster and Arike is getting on their way by “hogging”. Laughing

PostPosted: 08/15/19 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Gunner plays a lot like Diggins. Zero assists to 6 turnovers from the PG position and 21 recordable shots taken.

Diggins has never had a game with 0 assists and 20+ FGA. You're apparently confusing her with Elena Delle Donne, who has games like that all the time.

PostPosted: 08/15/19 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sparks will invade Chi-town tomorrow in an effort to re-establish their playoff push. After this they have a three game homestand against Minny on Tuesday (20 August), Indiana next Thursday (22 August), and a big clash against the Sun the following Sunday (25 August). Actually, if they are going to struggle as they did against the always troublesome Wings, then every game is a big clash.

PostPosted: 08/15/19 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Because of course, the Wings have so many reliable scorers on their roster and Arike is getting on their way by “hogging”. Laughing

Arike would've had some assists if her teammates would've made their shots when she passed it them. Some of her turnovers also came from her forcing the ball to them when she probably should've taken the shot.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/15/19 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

Arike would've had some assists if her teammates would've made their shots when she passed it them. Some of her turnovers also came from her forcing the ball to them when she probably should've taken the shot.

And McGee-Stafford needs to be working on converting point blank opportunities in practice. To be that big and be a poor finisher around the rim is head scratching.

PostPosted: 08/15/19 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
Gunner plays a lot like Diggins. Zero assists to 6 turnovers from the PG position and 21 recordable shots taken.

Diggins has never had a game with 0 assists and 20+ FGA. You're apparently confusing her with Elena Delle Donne, who has games like that all the time.

EDD has had 2 games this year with 0 assists and one of those was the game she only played 1 minute. I think you might be a little confused yourself.

boom*NNEKA*nneka

PostPosted: 08/15/19 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Like I said, a trap game.

Credit to Ogunbowale and Dallas for a gritty win. Sparks looked listless, uninspired, etc. We need a third contributor, in addition to Chelsea and Nneka. Normally, that would be Candace, but after coming back really strong and looking spry, she looks sluggish and slow. I wonder if her injuries are still lingering. As many have suggested, Masha needs to get more minutes, preferably in lieu of Candace when she is struggling. That being said, I expect a bounce back game from her when they play in her native Chicago.

I'm annoyed that we lost what should have been a winnable game. I am hoping that this is a kick in the butt that maybe the team needs. We still control our destiny for a top two seed.

Get it together Sparks!
Stormeo

PostPosted: 08/15/19 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Agler’s been bad this year but he couldn’t do a lot to screw up this game. The starters were fairly obvious. The starters got the most minutes, which may be a first in a game for Agler this season.

I think Agler’s been fine all things considered. A) This is his first year in Dallas B) He hasn’t had much talent to work with, of which arguably his most talented player is a rookie C) He’s had to navigate new players, injured players with unknown return dates, and now suspended players and D) He hasn’t had to coach a true rebuilding team since probably his days in Minnesota. I like that he has mixed up his starters and played his bench quite a bit - that’s how a coach should approach a rebuilding year. He has fully committed to the process. Up to this point the team has played hard and has sometimes even looked good doing so. I think few coaches could get this year’s rollercoaster of a Wings team to not be a dead-last team.

willtalk

PostPosted: 08/15/19 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
Like I said, a trap game.

Credit to Ogunbowale and Dallas for a gritty win. Sparks looked listless, uninspired, etc. We need a third contributor, in addition to Chelsea and Nneka. Normally, that would be Candace, but after coming back really strong and looking spry, she looks sluggish and slow. I wonder if her injuries are still lingering. As many have suggested, Masha needs to get more minutes, preferably in lieu of Candace when she is struggling. That being said, I expect a bounce back game from her when they play in her native Chicago.

I'm annoyed that we lost what should have been a winnable game. I am hoping that this is a kick in the butt that maybe the team needs. We still control our destiny for a top two seed.

Get it together Sparks!
I appologize- i did not see you initial post, or I would have quoted your statement instead of my own. I suppose it says something about a team if more than one person expects them to lose against a team they had no business losing too.

I am not as hopeful about Candice as you are. She basically did the same thing last season. When she came back last season she would play a few good games but generally coast through most. The team ended up losing key close and winnable games through her lack of effort. Once they got down to the last week Candice talked big about them not being able to afford to lose anymore games because they would not get any byes.Right once it was too late. They didn't play in desperation mode until it was far too late.

Candice has entirely too much power on that team. It has been quite a while since she was the got to star of the team, but she still acts and is treated like it. She was too instrumental in Fishers hire so I don't think he is comfortable enough to bench her when she coasts through games.

PostPosted: 08/15/19 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And1 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:

EDD has had 2 games this year with 0 assists and one of those was the game she only played 1 minute. I think you might be a little confused yourself.

Shades was obviously not referring to just this season, since Diggins hasn't played at all.

PostPosted: 08/15/19 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

And 3 of her turns were completely bogus player control fouls. The worst of these came when she drove the lane and was bumped and hacked by 3 sparks players on her way to the hoop. Wings won despite the Sparks being assisted by 3 refs that were trying to punish the Wings for Griner’s bullying antics turned baby fit. Caveat, yes I’m a homer, but have never heard the Crowd boo refs as disdainfully as last night. Which brings me to Derek Fischer, what a joke, had nothing to complain about all night, even Candace came to the bench laughing about the shit calls from the refs at one point, then he gets himself ejected in an instant after not complaining once all night cuz they didn’t call Nneka’s Flop!

That said, I want the Sparks to Win the Championship (If Sloot and company don’t!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: