Dream
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Aces
85%
 85%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 20

Shades

PostPosted: 08/12/19 7:47 pm    ::: Dream @ Aces - 8/13/19 Reply Reply with quote

Las Vegas, NV - 10:00 PM ET
TV: MYLVTV

Twitter stream:
https://twitter.com/i/events/986371916096192512

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20190813/ATLLVA/

ESPN Gamecast:
http://www.espn.com/wnba/game?gameId=401105058

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 08/13/19 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beautiful passing by the Aces

- Amanda Gorman
lynxmania

PostPosted: 08/13/19 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Plum wtf Laughing

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/13/19 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aces trying to shake their reputation as a good defensive team that half

PostPosted: 08/13/19 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Only one person picked the Dream in tipping contest- and not one of the usual suspects (Dream homers). (I didn't think anyone would.)

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/13/19 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Only one person picked the Dream in tipping contest- and not one of the usual suspects (Dream homers). (I didn't think anyone would.)

I didn't think anyone would either. And actually no one did - one person just didn't submit tips this week and was therefore allocated the away teams.

PostPosted: 08/13/19 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They'll fold in the 4th like they have all season

PostPosted: 08/13/19 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

The bookies agree with you. Despite entering the 4th with a 5 point deficit, the Aces are still favourites to win.

PostPosted: 08/13/19 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Most of the time they folded long before the 4th. But yeah.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 08/13/19 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hamby is on a mission. Finished with 23 pts on 7-13, and 16 rebs.
Aces 94-90 final.

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/13/19 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Hamby is on a mission.

I am SO impressed with how much she has improved. Her first year in the league, I didn't think she would last. Now she looks like an allstar. Love to see a player do that.

- Amanda Gorman
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/13/19 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pretty respectable loss, all things considered. Gülich had a good one.

PostPosted: 08/14/19 12:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
Hamby is on a mission.

I am SO impressed with how much she has improved. Her first year in the league, I didn't think she would last. Now she looks like an allstar. Love to see a player do that.

I think she plays harder than anyone else in the league. Has she now started too many games to qualify for the 6th woman award?

Shades

PostPosted: 08/14/19 12:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
myrtle wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
Hamby is on a mission.

I think she plays harder than anyone else in the league. Has she now started too many games to qualify for the 6th woman award?

The most games she can start is 16, which is less than half the games.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
willtalk

PostPosted: 08/14/19 1:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know why but Williams has been playing poorly all season. Watched her in this game and for size, she is not active enough. Not much movement and hustle and doesn't block out. It made a difference when Gulish, who hustles, was in the game. It is just this is the first time she has gotten extensive floor time. Also the first game that Williams was on the bench at the end. Of course when they put Gulish back in at the 5 min. mark the Ace's already had a seven pt lead.

I think the Dream have just stuck with Williams too long. I know she played well in the past but not this season.

PostPosted: 08/14/19 1:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another game, another performance in which we can look at the box score and see that the guards were allowed to shoot the Dream right out of it. At least Breland is starting to hit her shots again, fwiw. Her and Sykes might have the most trade value... once the season’s over ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Randy

PostPosted: 08/14/19 7:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
I don't know why but Williams has been playing poorly all season. Watched her in this game and for size, she is not active enough. Not much movement and hustle and doesn't block out. It made a difference when Gulish, who hustles, was in the game. It is just this is the first time she has gotten extensive floor time. Also the first game that Williams was on the bench at the end. Of course when they put Gulish back in at the 5 min. mark the Ace's already had a seven pt lead.

I think the Dream have just stuck with Williams too long. I know she played well in the past but not this season.

She was better in 16 and 17 under Cooper but never as good as advertised. Her game has gotten steadily worse. Centers in the WNBA have gotten bigger and she doesn't have an outside game like, for ex., Howard, to make up for it. In fact, last time I checked she was barely hitting 50% from 1-5 feet. In fact, Dream posts are among the worst in the WNBA from 1-5 feet. So, they need to get rid of her. She might make an acceptable back up 5 for some team with a real center.

However, Williams is only part of the problem. Breland and Montgomery apparently have hit the age where their game has started to fall off rapidly. Hayes is ineffective under the current "let em play ref" mentality, while Sykes and Bentley (both streak shooters at best) have pretty much lost their shot from outside (or anywhere in Bentley's case). The later doesn't seem to be aware of that fact. Oh, and the defense the Dream played last year no longer exists.

Might be time to blow the team up and start over, but the faith that Angel will come back and turn things around may carry the day and we will have pretty much the same team next year. Or there may not be anybody on the Dream any other team wants anyway. Hell, NY fans recently agreed they wanted no part of Angel, even for free.......

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/14/19 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, was Billings having "lower body" issues again? Because it would be... unfortunate, if the best rebounder on the team was DNP-CD, in a winnable game, in which they got out-rebounded by six.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
pilight

PostPosted: 08/14/19 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
So, was Billings having "lower body" issues again? Because it would be... unfortunate, if the best rebounder on the team was DNP-CD, in a winnable game, in which they got out-rebounded by six.

They've narrowed it down to an ankle

PostPosted: 08/14/19 9:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Another game, another performance in which we can look at the box score and see that the guards were allowed to shoot the Dream right out of it. At least Breland is starting to hit her shots again, fwiw. Her and Sykes might have the most trade value... once the season’s over ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If the Dream trade Sykes, they might as well trade everybody. Like, literally everybody: nuke it from orbit, and start over. Sykes doesn't appear to have what it takes to be a #1 at this level, but she still looks like she could be an effective #2, if paired with the right #1. It's already been conclusively proven that Hayes is not a #1 at this level. The only player on the Dream that is good enough to build around, at least, hypothetically, is McCoughtry, and she's too old.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/14/19 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Might be time to blow the team up and start over, but the faith that Angel will come back and turn things around may carry the day and we will have pretty much the same team next year...

I don't so much think that McCoughtry is a "magic bullet," but it seems clear to me, looking at Collen's system, that her defensive scheme depends on having two high-level defensive wings. Right now, in 2019, the Dream have one, if and when Hayes can be bothered to play defense. Considering how close Atlanta got last year (I still say that the Dream would have gotten to the Finals at full strength; I cannot be convinced otherwise), I can see them being willing to run it back one more time, and see what happens. If that doesn't work, they should probably tear it down. If were doing a total rebuild in Atlanta, I would personally keep Sykes, Billings, Coffey and Cazorla, and cash in everybody else, to try and get two top prospects.

Quote:
Or there may not be anybody on the Dream any other team wants anyway. Hell, NY fans recently agreed they wanted no part of Angel, even for free.......

I certainly hope that Dream fans aren't basing McCoughtry's value on what Liberty fans think of her?

Randy

PostPosted: 08/14/19 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Smile Fair point regarding Liberty fans. I also think you are right about the Dream trying for one last hurrah with the current team. One thing about Angel - we don't know how many cores the Dream have left (I think 1 or 2, but wouldn't bet on it). Even if they do have some left the new CBA could change all that.

zune69

PostPosted: 08/14/19 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've always been high on Gulich. She just needs to get stronger physically and in the post. Getting consistent minutes would also help. The EWill experiment at center should be nixed. I would start Gulich and play her 25-30 minutes a game. I would also offer McCoughtry to any team that is willing to give up a package that includes a potential lottery pick or young player with all-ster potential (Durr,Vivians etc)

LA could use a SG. Would they be willing to give up Vadeeva or Brown for Hayes?

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/14/19 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
I've always been high on Gulich. She just needs to get stronger physically and in the post.

I think that Gulich has potential as a scorer, but I personally think that she has no significant upside on defense, and I value the latter over the former.

zune69 wrote:
... I would also offer McCoughtry to any team that is willing to give up a package that includes a potential lottery pick or young player with all-ster potential (Durr,Vivians etc)..

No team willing to trade for McCoughtry is going to have a lottery pick available to offer. You don't trade for a thirty-three year-old player with McCoughtry's reputation (which I maintain is wildly overblown) unless you're in win-now mode, and win-now teams don't generally have lottery picks.

zune69

PostPosted: 08/14/19 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:

I think that Gulich has potential as a scorer, but I personally think that she has no significant upside on defense, and I value the latter over the former.

I think Gulich has enough size and quickness to become a good defensive player.

Silky Johnson wrote:
zune69 wrote:
... I would also offer McCoughtry to any team that is willing to give up a package that includes a potential lottery pick or young player with all-ster potential (Durr,Vivians etc)..

No team willing to trade for McCoughtry is going to have a lottery pick available to offer. You don't trade for a thirty-three year-old player with McCoughtry's reputation (which I maintain is wildly overblown) unless you're in win-now mode, and win-now teams don't generally have lottery picks.

I said "Potential lottery pick" . So that would include up to as many as 6 or 7 players.

Sabrina Ionescu
Lauren Cox
Chennedy Carter
Bella Alarie
Beatrice Mompremier
Kaila Charlse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: