RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Let the impeachment begin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52444



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/28/19 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-Ra1rcrUEDk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 11864
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus.


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/01/19 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Barr..... Rolling Eyes



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
mercfan3



Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 18554



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/01/19 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Barr..... Rolling Eyes


Harris though.. <3



_________________
“Anyone point out that a Donald Trump anagram is ‘Lord Dampnut’”- Colin Mochrie
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52444



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/02/19 12:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3ReavqtEILM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 5667



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/05/19 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is the first 'Trump Sucks' thread I came to, so...


Quote:
The best horse did NOT win the Kentucky Derby - not even close


Rolling Eyes

Neither did the best candidate for president. Sometimes, shit just happens.



_________________
"Our democracy is designed to speak truth to power." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

"If this guy can be Senator, you can do anything." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 12093
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/05/19 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
This is the first 'Trump Sucks' thread I came to, so...
Quote:
The best horse did NOT win the Kentucky Derby - not even close

Rolling Eyes
Neither did the best candidate for president. Sometimes, shit just happens.


I thought that EXACT SAME thing when I saw that on the news. Razz



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 11864
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus.


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/19/19 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The one Republican who acted like a serious Congress member during the Cohen testimony says, after reading the Mueller Report: Trump obstructed justice and Barr lied.

Let Rep Amash's spine, and respect for law, spread among the otherwise Outlaw GOP.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 7808
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/19/19 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
The one Republican who acted like a serious Congress member during the Cohen testimony says, after reading the Mueller Report: Trump obstructed justice and Barr lied.

Let Rep Amash's spine, and respect for law, spread among the otherwise Outlaw GOP.

I seriously, seriously disagree with Amash's true libertarian worldview (I mean, he is a member of the Freedom Caucus for a reason), but I also seriously, seriously respect him as a person.

I mean, I wouldn't vote for him because our beliefs are so different, but if I lived in his district and the majority of my neighbors shared his beliefs and so he was my representative, it wouldn't make me want to vomit like so many of them do.

Basically I once heard him described as actually being the person that Rand Paul pretends to be. Principled and true to his beliefs, not bending for party politics or expediency. No wonder Trump hates him.

In a way, he reminds me of a libertarian AOC.



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52444



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/09/19 5:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6Z02RsKpa-M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52444



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/19 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ocasio-Cortez says Dems are 'sitting on our hands' on impeachment
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/06/11/politics/ocasio-cortez-dems-sitting-on-our-hands-impeachment/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Famp.cnn.com%2Fcnn%2F2019%2F06%2F11%2Fpolitics%2Focasio-cortez-dems-sitting-on-our-hands-impeachment%2Findex.html%3F__twitter_impression%3Dtrue



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 11864
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus.


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/29/19 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The impeachment essentially began Fri, 7/26/19.


https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-nadler-trump-impeachment-refuses-20190726-wfz5ku2bszdwhkyuss7y7fytm4-story.html



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
mercfan3



Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 18554



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/29/19 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Ocasio-Cortez says Dems are 'sitting on our hands' on impeachment
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/06/11/politics/ocasio-cortez-dems-sitting-on-our-hands-impeachment/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Famp.cnn.com%2Fcnn%2F2019%2F06%2F11%2Fpolitics%2Focasio-cortez-dems-sitting-on-our-hands-impeachment%2Findex.html%3F__twitter_impression%3Dtrue


She really needs to get off Twitter and do her job.



_________________
“Anyone point out that a Donald Trump anagram is ‘Lord Dampnut’”- Colin Mochrie
mercfan3



Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 18554



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/29/19 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
The impeachment essentially began Fri, 7/26/19.


https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-nadler-trump-impeachment-refuses-20190726-wfz5ku2bszdwhkyuss7y7fytm4-story.html


After the Mueller testimony, Pelosi gave the “okay” to use the impeachment language.

But, IMO..the investigations were always meant to head down this path.



_________________
“Anyone point out that a Donald Trump anagram is ‘Lord Dampnut’”- Colin Mochrie
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52444



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/29/19 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Ocasio-Cortez says Dems are 'sitting on our hands' on impeachment
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/06/11/politics/ocasio-cortez-dems-sitting-on-our-hands-impeachment/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Famp.cnn.com%2Fcnn%2F2019%2F06%2F11%2Fpolitics%2Focasio-cortez-dems-sitting-on-our-hands-impeachment%2Findex.html%3F__twitter_impression%3Dtrue


She really needs to get off Twitter and do her job.


She does both very well. Her tweets are very educational. She has 5 million followers. Staying off twitter isn’t advisable and it’s definitely not happening.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
mercfan3



Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 18554



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/29/19 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Ocasio-Cortez says Dems are 'sitting on our hands' on impeachment
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/06/11/politics/ocasio-cortez-dems-sitting-on-our-hands-impeachment/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Famp.cnn.com%2Fcnn%2F2019%2F06%2F11%2Fpolitics%2Focasio-cortez-dems-sitting-on-our-hands-impeachment%2Findex.html%3F__twitter_impression%3Dtrue


She really needs to get off Twitter and do her job.


She does both very well. Her tweets are very educational. She has 5 million followers. Staying off twitter isn’t advisable and it’s definitely not happening.


Does she? Because she seems like she spends most of her time on social media criticizing Democrats. The result being that she has alienated a lot of her peers - making any future legislation she wants to propose difficult. She has too much potential to squander it.

She's got to make the transition from activist to legislator. (Glad to see she partnered with Harris on an initiative)



_________________
“Anyone point out that a Donald Trump anagram is ‘Lord Dampnut’”- Colin Mochrie
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 12093
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/29/19 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, I'd agree....AOC is brilliant, but sustaining brilliance requires more than the fuel of admiring twitter fans. I love her ability to follow systematic logic in hearings, for example, and calling out fellow politicians is needed, too--but there are parameters for ANY elected officials to reach their goals, and she needs to learn those, too. She CAN'T attain her goals single-handedly: that's one of the (many) foibles Trump himself is prone to.



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52444



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/30/19 5:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Shades wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Ocasio-Cortez says Dems are 'sitting on our hands' on impeachment
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/06/11/politics/ocasio-cortez-dems-sitting-on-our-hands-impeachment/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Famp.cnn.com%2Fcnn%2F2019%2F06%2F11%2Fpolitics%2Focasio-cortez-dems-sitting-on-our-hands-impeachment%2Findex.html%3F__twitter_impression%3Dtrue


She really needs to get off Twitter and do her job.


She does both very well. Her tweets are very educational. She has 5 million followers. Staying off twitter isn’t advisable and it’s definitely not happening.


Does she? Because she seems like she spends most of her time on social media criticizing Democrats.


I thought only the Republicans were prone to huge exaggeration. She gets so much done, apparently it’s tough to keep up with. Name one congressperson who has done more in the past 7 months.

If people need criticism, then why hold back? Public criticism puts pressure on the status quo types to explain themselves. That’s what make AOC powerful. She has the backing of millions of people who want explanations on why things aren’t getting done. Finally it appears some headway is being made on the impeachment inquiries.

mercfan3 wrote:
The result being that she has alienated a lot of her peers - making any future legislation she wants to propose difficult.


A lot of vagueness here. Even Ted Cruz is working on legislation with her. How’d that union happen? Through twitter. You might check through the AOC thread on what she’s been accomplishing. That thread isn’t even that complete because I can’t keep up with her. The woman is tireless. Appreciate it.

mercfan3 wrote:
She has too much potential to squander it.


Well she didn’t get to where she is by taking bad advice, thankfully.

mercfan3 wrote:
(Glad to see she partnered with Harris on an initiative)


At least you noticed the most recent thing. People want to partner up with her. I wonder why? 🤔



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
mercfan3



Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 18554



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/30/19 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

I thought only the Republicans were prone to huge exaggeration. She gets so much done, apparently it’s tough to keep up with. Name one congressperson who has done more in the past 7 months.

If people need criticism, then why hold back? Public criticism puts pressure on the status quo types to explain themselves. That’s what make AOC powerful. She has the backing of millions of people who want explanations on why things aren’t getting done. Finally it appears some headway is being made on the impeachment inquiries.


First of all, no it's not. There have been plenty articles written about AOC alienating her peers.

Well, because her (and her COS..) criticisms have been ridiculous and divisve. Her COS literally said that Democrats were the biggest threat to American Democracy. Really?

Second, it's ridiculous to do it over twitter.

Let's talk about the border wall incident. Her and the squad went hyper critical over the wall fund that passed.

Except it was Justice Dems that initially handicapped Pelosi in the first place. We had two separate bills, House Dems were united on theirs, and then the Justice Dems wanted to slice funding for Ice. Splitting the caucus.

Because there was no longer a unified House, Schumar let the senate bill go, and Pelosi had no choice to vote for it.

She was then spreading lies, that the bill had no basic protections in it. Despite the lack of language in the bill, the courts had already ruled that funding needed to go to basic necessities. (Now obviously, it's not going to. But it wouldn't have with the language in the bill either. And that's on Trump)

Still, she created an uproar on twitter. Demonized Democrats who were simply trying to get basic necessities to kids as soon as possible (or doing the best they could), misrepresented the actual bill..and all for a situation that she played a role in creating.

shades wrote:


A lot of vagueness here. Even Ted Cruz is working on legislation with her. How’d that union happen? Through twitter. You might check through the AOC thread on what she’s been accomplishing. That thread isn’t even that complete because I can’t keep up with her. The woman is tireless. Appreciate it.



There isn't. Other Democrats have been annoyed with her since January.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/11/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-democrats-establisment-1093728

She has a lot of political talent. She is fantastic in testimony situations. And I think she really does want to do what's best for people. I want to like her.

But her calls for impeachment - and the ways in which she is calling for impeachment (in criticizing Democrats) is divisive and not well thought out.



_________________
“Anyone point out that a Donald Trump anagram is ‘Lord Dampnut’”- Colin Mochrie


Last edited by mercfan3 on 07/30/19 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52444



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/30/19 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:

There isn't. Other Democrats have been annoyed with her since January.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/11/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-democrats-establisment-1093728

She has a lot of political talent. She is fantastic in testimony situations. And I think she really does want to do what's best for people. I want to like her.

But her calls for impeachment - and the ways in which she is calling for impeachment (in criticizing Democrats) is divisive and not well thought out.


First of all, could you fix your quotes so I’m not attributed to things you’re saying.

How ridiculous. That’s an article from over 6 months ago from when she just got sworn in. I see that article is where you got all your talking points from your first tweet. Here I thought you came up with that stuff yourself.
Quote:
“She needs to decide: Does she want to be an effective legislator or just continue being a Twitter star?” said one House Democrat who’s in lockstep with Ocasio Cortez’s ideology. “There’s a difference between being an activist and a lawmaker in Congress.”


I couldn’t care less that an anonymous Democrat is intimidated by the new kid on the block. If you’re not getting stuff done, you should live in fear. She can use twitter to point out who’s not getting it done. I like it. I like it a lot.

We need more people like AOC (just the way she is) in the legislature.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned


Last edited by Shades on 07/30/19 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
mercfan3



Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 18554



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/30/19 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

There isn't. Other Democrats have been annoyed with her since January.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/11/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-democrats-establisment-1093728

She has a lot of political talent. She is fantastic in testimony situations. And I think she really does want to do what's best for people. I want to like her.

But her calls for impeachment - and the ways in which she is calling for impeachment (in criticizing Democrats) is divisive and not well thought out.


First of all, could you fix your quotes so I’m attributed to things you’re saying.

How ridiculous. That’s an article from over 6 months ago from when she just got sworn in. I see that article is where you got all your talking points from your first tweet. Here I thought you came up with that stuff yourself.
Quote:
“She needs to decide: Does she want to be an effective legislator or just continue being a Twitter star?” said one House Democrat who’s in lockstep with Ocasio Cortez’s ideology. “There’s a difference between being an activist and a lawmaker in Congress.”


I couldn’t care less that an anonymous Democrat is intimidated by the new kid on the block. If you’re not getting stuff done, you should live in fear. She can use twitter to point out who’s not getting it done. I like it. I like it a lot.

We need more people like AOC (just the way she is) in the legislature.


Actually, I literally just looked that article up, so no..it isn’t.

Second. You can like it all you want, but she will need those Democrats that she’s pissing off to get any legislation she wants passed.

That’s the point. Does she want to be an activist or a legislator? Her job right now is to legislate.

Look, she’s new. I’m hoping she learns because she’s too good of an asset to end up not achieving what she’s capable of achieving.

But she needs to listen to those around her (and in particular, Pelosi) more, and less to the Justice Dems in her ear.



_________________
“Anyone point out that a Donald Trump anagram is ‘Lord Dampnut’”- Colin Mochrie
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 9821



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/09/19 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="607" height="341" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4DphC6e3Y5w" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKzaR-IbVSw



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 9821



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/12/19 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kljkTCGFIVk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kljkTCGFIVk



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 9821



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/12/19 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote




_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52444



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/27/19 6:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FEpwkaJQh1k" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
sambista



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 16634
Location: way station of life


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/27/19 7:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FEpwkaJQh1k" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>


so very tragic.

y'know, there are a handful of facebook groups dedicated to expats in portugal. in one group of american expats (and friends), the moderators post every day the numbers and names of new members. i've been telling my friends that, based on this group's numbers alone, a dozen people a day are moving to portugal. a dozen. and it's because of shit like this. the two most cited reasons they're leaving the states are 1) trump and/or the current state of politics and /or the current absence of civility, and 2) the high cost of healthcare. to put a fine point on the desperation to leave, some of these folks aren't even coming to portugal to check it out first. they're just selling their homes and packing up while they wait for their residence visas to be approved!

two weekends ago, on a saturday, we had a record 24 new members. the next day, 16 more people. like rats on a sinking ship.

and when locals ask me where i'm from, i say canada.



_________________
no justice, no peace.
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin