RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Storm @ Liberty - 8/11/19 at Barclays
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 08/11/19 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn, Russell looks good. Reeve and a lot of teams whiffed on that one.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
LibFan25

PostPosted: 08/11/19 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

turnover turnover turnover.

Nurse hasn't been herself lately

Stormeo

PostPosted: 08/11/19 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have to wonder when/if? Loyd returns to the starting lineup. I’m genuinely on the fence whether or not I want her to, for short- and long-term implications...

For the Liberty, is this Charles actually emerging from her shooting slump for the remainder of the season? I’ll be interested to see if that is indeed the case...

Stormeo

PostPosted: 08/11/19 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Clark is just so solid & dependable, even when she isn’t scoring like she is now

LibFan25

PostPosted: 08/11/19 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lol I am tired. Tired. it really doesnt matter who is on the court for the liberty they will turn it over

Boyd will always be the same, so why play her? Put Johannes in who can score score the ball

Last edited by LibFan25 on 08/11/19 3:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/11/19 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
I have to wonder when/if? Loyd returns to the starting lineup. I’m genuinely on the fence whether or not I want her to, for short- and long-term implications...

For the Liberty, is this Charles actually emerging from her shooting slump for the remainder of the season? I’ll be interested to see if that is indeed the case...

She returned to the starting line up a couple games ago but has been pretty shitty since coming back from her ankle injury while Sami has been shooting lights out.
Sami deserves to start. She and Clark space the floor so well because of their lethal 3pointshot. It opens the game up for Howard and Russel. Also i really like her passing ability in the pick&roll and her energy on the defensive end

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
toad455

PostPosted: 08/11/19 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liberty got outscored 27-12 that quarter. Totally flat. Someone's gotta step up for us to come back and win this one.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
LibFan25

PostPosted: 08/11/19 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lol Katie is so bad...

Gettin whooped in Brooklyn , lottery here we come

toad455

PostPosted: 08/11/19 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liberty making a run now.

LibFan25

PostPosted: 08/11/19 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hartey's effort has been A1 today, i give her that

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 08/11/19 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Lib not only don't score enough in the paint, they rarely even have a player in the paint. It's too much passing around and standing around and shooting around on the perimeter.

The former Raptor having perhaps her best game of the season.
LibFan25

PostPosted: 08/11/19 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Katie tried to shortened the bench today and it didn't work. They look gassed.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/11/19 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Weatherspoon’s face on the bench was literally meme worthy.

PostPosted: 08/11/19 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the liberty players are not responding. something has to change. coaching staff has to go.

PostPosted: 08/11/19 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We really only got production from Charles and Hartley tonight. We need the Zahui B from the first half of the season to return. Boyd is clearly in the dog house and it shows. At least the crowd got a good first half of basketball and Han Xu got to play.

toad455

PostPosted: 08/11/19 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Announced attendance: 7,715. And it looked legit. Probably close to a lower bowl sellout, so I'll say a lower bowl sellout would be ~8k.

bcdawg04

PostPosted: 08/11/19 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

She returned to the starting line up a couple games ago but has been pretty shitty since coming back from her ankle injury while Sami has been shooting lights out.
Sami deserves to start. She and Clark space the floor so well because of their lethal 3pointshot. It opens the game up for Howard and Russel. Also i really like her passing ability in the pick&roll and her energy on the defensive end

Thank you for confirming that I'm not the only one seeing this. I've never seen a UW Husky play well in this league before, so I'm not sure if I can be objective about Whitcomb. Razz

As much as I love Loyd, she seems to rely on her footspeed quickness on defense and it isn't very effective. Whitcomb is far and away a better defender. Like Loyd, her 1-v-1 defending could improve, but she is above average for disrupting passing lanes. She really reads the floor so well, on both sides of the ball.

At the end of the day, when the Storm come away with the W, I don't care who starts. This season as been difficult at times, but I've loved watching all of our players step up--I wasn't expecting Canada and Russell to be starters, but they're playing like they expected it. I never expected Whitcomb to be a starter--not when she graduated from college in obscurity and went undrafted; not when Boucek plucked her out of the WNBL after 7 years overseas; and not when Loyd came back from injury. With the glut of talent coming in from college and from internationals each year, it is so rare for long-graduated players to get a second chance. Credit Sami for showing out for Seattle and taking advantage of this opportunity.

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 08/11/19 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Announced attendance: 7,715. And it looked legit. Probably close to a lower bowl sellout, so I'll say a lower bowl sellout would be ~8k.

I think close to 8.000
It was nice to be playing in a "real arena"
it will be hard to go back to WCC Tuesday

I so want to play in Brooklyn next year and so do the 8000
that were there today

toad455

PostPosted: 08/11/19 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Geoff Magliocchetti tweeted that they're considering a split season next year between Barclays and Nassau Coliseum. He's trying to get more info on this. A shame Tsai wasn't at the game to get this answered.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 08/11/19 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've got a question. I was sitting midcourt on the side of the court where the players benches were. On the other side of the court, all but 20 of the courtside seats were empty. That's 60, 70, 80 empty courtside seats. (I didn't count.)

Are those seats all owned by corporations where no one is interested in seeing a WNBA game? Does anyone have any information... does anyone have a guess... why all those seats were empty?

P.S. This was my first time inside the Barclay Center. I thought it was quite nice.

toad455

PostPosted: 08/11/19 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Those courtside seats were $250+.

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 08/11/19 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Geoff Magliocchetti tweeted that they're considering a split season next year between Barclays and Nassau Coliseum. He's trying to get more info on this. A shame Tsai wasn't at the game to get this answered.

Yes a shame that Tsai wasn't at the game to at least see the fans.
I think if there is a split season I will buy tickets for Brooklyn only,
no way am I going to Nassau Coliseum...and I have been a STH in Newark and in WCC

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 08/11/19 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Those courtside seats were $250+.

Are you saying that all of them are for sale? That none of them are owned by corporations? And that no one bought those seats? If so (I'm not assuming this is correct), then it raises a rather huge question about the decisionmaking of Liberty marketing executives? If no one is going to buy all those prime seats, then why not reduce the price?

If anyone has more information, I'd love to hear it.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/11/19 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Between losing so much and WCC and wondering where we will play I’m just emotionally drained.

Last edited by NYL_WNBA_FAN on 08/11/19 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lib Fan

PostPosted: 08/11/19 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Between losing so much and WCC and wondering where will play I’m just emotionally drained.

What does this mean ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: