Sky
87%
 87%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 16

toad455

PostPosted: 08/07/19 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Dear Katie,

Did you happen to notice that Marine Johannes, in seven minutes of play in the first half, had 10 points on 4-4 shooting?

Bob

It's unreal.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 08/07/19 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
Dear Katie,

Did you happen to notice that Marine Johannes, in seven minutes of play in the first half, had 10 points on 4-4 shooting?

Bob

It's unreal.

So of course, with the Liberty struggling throughout the quarter, Katie didn't put Johannes in the game till the quarter was almost over.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/07/19 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Worrying start to the 4th for NY. They're in real danger of winning this one if they aren't careful.

PostPosted: 08/07/19 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And of course Liberty are making a run with Allen and Johannes on the floor.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/07/19 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah Quig!

This is an entertaining 4th quarter

PostPosted: 08/07/19 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Welp, Johannes just made some dumb passed there.

toad455

PostPosted: 08/07/19 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liberty just can't play a full 40 minutes of basketball....

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/07/19 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NY shot so well in the first half...then...

And this game has entertaining moments...followed immediately by headshaking ones.

And these commentators are truly horrible.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 08/07/19 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought maybe Wade pulled the starters a bit soon.

Appreciate NY's end of game play though. So many teams don't seem to know they still have a shot when down by 6 or 8 with a minute to go.

- Amanda Gorman

Last edited by myrtle on 08/07/19 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/07/19 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great result. Plenty of positives for NY, especially seeing more evidence that TC still has some good basketball left in her when she doesn't need to do it all herself, but some breathing space still maintained between them and that dreaded #8 spot on the standings.

Lynx have a pretty tough schedule to close out the season so every Liberty loss is precious.

PostPosted: 08/07/19 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the two teams switched coaches the Libs would have won by double digits. There’s only so much I can take of people not knowing who to guard or switching to total mismatches to accept it. The Kia Nurse defensive rebound at 4:42 of the fourth quarter exemplifies this. Nurse fouls Lavender and luckily gets the rebound but that’s not my issue. My issue is that at least 3 people are guarding the wrong people in transition. This happens way too often. Either not picking up people in transition or guarding the wrong people or switching to mismatches that don’t receive defensive help.

Oh and how many shot fakes did Quigley score on tonight? It seemed like 10. That’s what happens when your D is always scrambling to recover and close out. The season is over. At this rate we might win two games the rest of the year.

Pathetic. At least something good might come out of it on draft day but till then I’m emotionally done.

Oh and Durr did work on Quigley early then barely touched the ball. One time they were going to iso Durr in pick and roll and Katie called time out. God forbid a rookie shows her stuff. Ditto Johannes who had 7 field goals and couldn’t have touched the ball more than 11 times.

Time for a new coach.

Last edited by NYL_WNBA_FAN on 08/07/19 9:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/07/19 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
If the two teams switched coaches the Libs would have won by double digits. There’s only so much I can take of people not knowing who to guard or switching to total mismatches to accept it. The Kia Nurse defensive rebound at 4:42 of the fourth quarter exemplifies this. Nurse fouls Lavender and luckily gets the rebound but that’s not my issue. My issue is that at least 3 people are guarding the wrong people in transition. This happens way too often. Either not picking up people in transition or guarding the wrong people or switching to mismatches that don’t receive defensive help.

Oh and how many shot fakes did Quigley score on tonight? It seemed like 10. That’s what happens when your D is always scrambling to recover and close out. The season is over. At this rate we might win two games the rest of the year.

Pathetic. At least something good might come out of it on draft day but till then I’m emotionally done.

Join me on the tank train. It's a far more enjoyable ride when you look at everything in the context of sacrificing 2019 for the sake of entering 2020 with a lottery pick, a proper arena, and a proper coach.

PostPosted: 08/07/19 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope that Amanda Zahui B is OK or will be soon. She didn't return after she got hit and then banged her head on the floor. Possible concussion protocol?

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/07/19 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

Join me on the tank train. It's a far more enjoyable ride when you look at everything in the context of sacrificing 2019 for the sake of entering 2020 with a lottery pick, a proper arena, and a proper coach.

Logically this all makes sense. That said, getting the top lottery odds is still going to require work.

PostPosted: 08/07/19 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
I hope that Amanda Zahui B is OK or will be soon. She didn't return after she got hit and then banged her head on the floor. Possible concussion protocol?

I would guess so. But she sure sat on the bench for a long time before going off, which struck me as strange.

PostPosted: 08/07/19 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dear Katie,

Did you happen to notice that Bria Hartley shot 3-11 while Marine Johannes shot 6-6? (Her second 6-6 game in the last few.)

Can you explain why Hartley plays more than Johannes? Can you explain why Hartley takes more shots than Johannes?

Waiting to hear from you,

Bob

(P.S. I'm not blaming the loss on Bria Hartley or looking to trash her. And I don't want to take anything away from Chicago's terrific players, but New York had an awful defensive game tonight. Not that that's uncommon. I really hate to be endlessly repetitive, but we need a new coach.)

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/07/19 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dear Katie,
Xu needs to see minutes in every game.
Other than that, I'm loving your work.
Luuuc

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
That said, getting the top lottery odds is still going to require work.

Forget maximising the odds. Too often that doesn't work out anyway. Just be in with a shot.

Last edited by Luuuc on 08/07/19 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/07/19 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago, averaging 80.8 ppg coming in, has averaged 97 ppg against NY. Regarding Johannes, the only player who really seems to look for her is Wright. Smh. If Johannes can’t play PG at this time I get it. But she can still be utilized as more of an asset. And she should certainly get more shots than Hartley. I don’t know what to say anymore.

At least the Yankees are good.

PostPosted: 08/07/19 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Chicago, averaging 80.8 ppg coming in, has averaged 97 ppg against NY. Regarding Johannes, the only player who really seems to look for her is Wright. Smh. If Johannes can’t play PG at this time I get it. But she can still be utilized as more of an asset. And she should certainly get more shots than Hartley. I don’t know what to say anymore.

At least the Yankees are good.

I have the Mets. They are unstoppable... for the moment.

Your point about players looking for Johannes is right on the mark. Many of her baskets have come simply through her own initiative. I don't recall a single Johannes basket in any of her games that appeared to come from a designed play called by Katie Smith.

But why call a play for Johannes when we've got Bria Hartley to take jump shots?

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/07/19 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Yeah Quig!

This is an entertaining 4th quarter

LMAO. Luuuc, did you give me the NAPT? Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 08/07/19 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Someone made a point on Twitter that is still irks my soul...

Durr hasn't played all 4th quarter and you bring her in for the final 3 minutes cold? and you take Johannes out...I just can't take it anymore with this coach

Johannes will be a special player for us in the future, we just need a better coach to utilize her talent more. She is instant offense

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/07/19 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just to defend Smith a little, 'who gets shots' does often come down to players themselves wanting shots and looking for them. Sometimes that results in a greedy player taking more shots than they should, who then needs to be sat down or taught different approaches in practice. Or even just to someone like Charles taking on more of the offensive load than is good for her or the team. Durr really does have a tendency to disappear. She was on the floor for very nearly 10 minutes in the second half today, but I would've believed you if you'd told me she was sick at halftime and never came back out.

God knows I don't think Smith should still be in this job, but there are some things that aren't entirely her fault.

PostPosted: 08/07/19 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Dear Katie,
Xu needs to see minutes in every game.
Other than that, I'm loving your work.
Luuuc

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
That said, getting the top lottery odds is still going to require work.

Forget maximising the odds. Too often that doesn't work out anyway. Just be in with a shot.

Actually as two season records go we have 15-41 and Indy has 14-43 so it won't require that much work.

(The real damage will be the lack of motivation given to International players with teams in the Olympics and much better paying over-seas jobs to come back to a struggling NY team that doesn't give them much floor time).

Last edited by J-Spoon on 08/07/19 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Davis4632

PostPosted: 08/07/19 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

For what it's worth, the Liberty can end up still making the players because other four teams below them suck.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/07/19 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

For what it's worth, the Liberty can end up still making the players because other four teams below them suck.

Only three teams are beneath the Lib in the standings

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: