Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/01/19 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
I didn't see the Sun pick up B. Jones for a fourth year

They rarely bother to announce those fourth-year option pickups. Virtually all of the first-rounders are exercised (assuming they're still on a roster by the start of year 3) because there are very few drawbacks. You can still cut them for nothing later on.

PostPosted: 08/01/19 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
I didn't see the Sun pick up B. Jones for a fourth year

They rarely bother to announce those fourth-year option pickups. Virtually all of the first-rounders are exercised (assuming they're still on a roster by the start of year 3) because there are very few drawbacks. You can still cut them for nothing later on.

Very true on all counts. And the rookie-contract structure probably won't change after the next CBA given all the bigger issues to deal with. Regardless, Anigwe on the Sun roster already made B. Jones irrelevant, so even with her contract exercised, I see her getting cut in next year's Sun training camp anyway if nothing else happens to her between now and then. But at least if she or someone else gets traded to a team like Dallas now, she'd get an early tryout for next year.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 08/02/19 8:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I pray that it all falls apart in the playoffs!!!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 08/02/19 8:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09,

I won't doubt you because I know you have more inside sources than I do within the organization....Oh, and I'm low key "jelly" that you were able to go to the All Star game and I wasn't 😞😞😞

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 08/02/19 8:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09,

I hope they boo her relentlessly, that way her ego will no doubt take over her focus on the game, and she will be more concerned with proving to us that she doesn't care....She cares trust me!!!

If they can lock her down on defense they way they did in Vegas the other day, a loss won't matter because the energy that will provide for the crowd will be well worth it😁😁😁

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/02/19 8:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09,

I hope they boo her relentlessly, that way her ego will no doubt take over her focus on the game, and she will be more concerned with proving to us that she doesn't care....She cares trust me!!!

If they can lock her down on defense they way they did in Vegas the other day, a loss won't matter because the energy that will provide for the crowd will be well worth it😁😁😁

Agreed , shes easy to take out the game mentally and if the entire place boo's her she will definitely give us some ex-hometown antics for entertainment Laughing Laughing On the backend it could backfire and she could end up putting 50 on us in which i would delightly enjoy as well

2 letters 1 mission ! ! Cool Cool Cool

PostPosted: 08/02/19 8:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wings fans need to pack College Park and annoying the crap out of Cambage. She typically underperforms when she's frustrated.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
toad455

PostPosted: 08/02/19 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wings fans need to pack College Park and annoying the crap out of Cambage. She typically underperforms when she's frustrated.

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 08/02/19 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFdub ,

So we booing Cabbage this weekend or what ? Im so down i promise Laughing Laughing Sadly enough i still root for the big groot shes a character that i pity

There will be only booing from our side of the court!

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/02/19 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I keep thinking the Wings aren't 'that' bad, then I look at their record. They really really need a PG and then they will win a few.

- Amanda Gorman
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/02/19 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I keep thinking the Wings aren't 'that' bad, then I look at their record. They really really need a PG and then they will win a few.

They really are pretty bad IMO. But at home they compete hard, so I knew they'd give NY a good fight. (Did not expect a blowout though!)
I didn't expect anything much from them this season while Skylar was out, but Glory has been a big disappointment for me.

PostPosted: 08/05/19 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

'Her work ethic is off the charts': How ex-Iowa star Megan Gustafson is seizing her opportunity with the Wings

Quote:
Injuries have allowed the Wings to keep her on the roster after Johnson returned. But when players like Skylar Diggins-Smith, Moriah Jefferson and Tayler Hill return, whether that's this season or next, they Wings will have to make a decision.

hyperetic

PostPosted: 08/06/19 9:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

I would laugh but then I thought back to the reports of her psychological issues. I am all for booing a pain in the *** when they are healthy but I hesitate to do so when I feel like they have a handicap. Still don't like what she did to the Wings. Just trying to be empathetic.
pilight

PostPosted: 08/06/19 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Plaisance traded to the Sun for Kristine Anigwe

https://sun.wnba.com/news/sun-acquire-theresa-plaisance/

PostPosted: 08/06/19 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

I like the trade for both. Anigwe's ceiling is very high and could work out to be Johnson's replacement at PF next season.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/06/19 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:

I like the trade for both. Anigwe's ceiling is very high and could work out to be Johnson's replacement at PF next season.

If Johnson’s going to be “replaced”, why not trade her now? Then you get something for her.

I was expecting a trade from Dallas, but this wasn’t it.🤔

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
lynxmania

PostPosted: 08/06/19 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like this trade for Dallas. Never was a huge fan of TP, but I think Anigwe finally gets a shot at minutes.

Probably another #FreeLexieBrown situation, so good for Anigwe getting out of CT

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/06/19 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry, wrong thread.

PostPosted: 08/06/19 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great trade by Dallas.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/06/19 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:

If Johnson’s going to be “replaced”, why not trade her now? Then you get something for her.

More to this but I don’t think this was the original trade scenario. Sad to see Big Daddy T leave but I’m excited for Anigwe!!

PostPosted: 08/06/19 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:

More to this but I don’t think this was the original trade scenario. Sad to see Big Daddy T leave but I’m excited for Anigwe!!

Maybe another trade is coming? Is it safe to say Dallas is pulling up stakes on the season?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Stormeo

PostPosted: 08/06/19 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Great trade by Dallas.

Absolutely. Dallas gets to shed a significant amount of salary and simultaneously get a young player that has the talent to someday be a starter. Too, this move minimizes the hurt that not getting Cox in the draft would bring (though the front office of course should try its best to end up with her).

Wonder how much this affects Gustafson’s ability to stay on this roster for next year... her and Anigwe have similar enough games but one might call Anigwe a slightly taller & more athletic version of Gustafson.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/06/19 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Great trade by Dallas.

Absolutely. Dallas gets to shed a significant amount of salary and simultaneously get a young player that has the talent to someday be a starter. Too, this move minimizes the hurt that not getting Cox in the draft would bring (though the front office of course should try its best to end up with her).

Wonder how much this affects Gustafson’s ability to stay on this roster for next year... her and Anigwe have similar enough games but one might call Anigwe a slightly taller & more athletic version of Gustafson.

_____

PostPosted: 08/06/19 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:

It's funny how life goes in circles because she was on my list for the 2019 draft, now she's in Dallas for the foreseeable future with Areike to build around😁😁😁

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 08/06/19 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
I like this trade for Dallas. Never was a huge fan of TP, but I think Anigwe finally gets a shot at minutes.

Probably another #FreeLexieBrown situation, so good for Anigwe getting out of CT

👌👌👌😁😁😁

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 42 of 44

Jump to: