RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Storm @ Liberty - 8/11/19 at Barclays
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
auntie

PostPosted: 07/12/19 6:07 pm    ::: Storm @ Liberty - 8/11/19 at Barclays Reply Reply with quote

BARCLAYS CENTER - 3:00 PM ET

TV: NBA TV • Fox Sports GO • TSN

Game Page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20190811/SEANYL/

ESPN Gamecast:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/game?gameId=401105053

--

I was surprised at how low the ticket sales were as of earlier this week. If we want to move to Barclays next year, we need to show that we can draw a nice size crowd.

Last edited by auntie on 08/09/19 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
toad455

PostPosted: 07/12/19 6:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It doesn't look terrible. The advertising is on the low end, too. They'll probably get approx. 6k or so. Outside of social media and advertising in WCC, you really don't know about this game.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
auntie

PostPosted: 07/12/19 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
It doesn't look terrible. The advertising is on the low end, too. They'll probably get approx. 6k or so. Outside of social media and advertising in WCC, you really don't know about this game.

The figure I saw was much lower. If it does end up at 6K, that would not be so bad.

PostPosted: 07/13/19 9:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

****CITATION NEEDED!****

****PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN****

What are you judging off of?

Do you have a report?

Are you eying ticketmaster? That doesn't always give best indicator but it is a good way for fans to track

Heard nothing from reps....tho giving all sth a freebee is not a good sign I'll admit...6k paid better than 5 paid with a ton of giveaways (which Dolan claimed but I still doubt)

Very concerned here I didn't Take a (mathmatical) year off my life to get 30 people out here without a reason I get the importance THE FUTURE OF THE FRANCHISE IS AT STAKE PEOPLE

There is no where in the city limits that really holds 5-7k carnesecca in queens is the closest but needs repair and renovation and would need to run shuttles from the subway to make viable as it's a good mile from the subway (Lee gardens E and F line also can backdoor from J)

Nassau doesn't really hold that much less and is basically car only for night games

Long term at wcc I have a feeling PA will forbid

I'll rabble rouse best I can

I'm tapped out money wise went over budget at last minute and would do it again to get 30...but aside from stunting off my natural ticket and freebee I've given all I can

If the people have given up so be it...but we have a month to go...KEIA...GET THE REPS OUT AND SELL SELL SELL!!!! We need this the market it there...hey it done...PAID NO GIVEAWAYS we are counting on you as loyals

#hellobrooklyn2020 is a must

If you see anyone unaware make an aware

If someone in the fence REMIND THEM DOLAN AND BLAZE ARE GONE AND THIS IS OUR ONE SHOT...STAND UP AND BE COUNTED!!!!

6-7 P A I D is a good goal juice it to 8-10k butts makes sense

I dunno the report auntie sees but yes I am taking it seriously despite no link

ALL HANDS ON DECK if the team won't market we have to do it for them lol

PostPosted: 07/13/19 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For me, I'm still gathering people up. Waiting on final head count before buying. I'm sure I'm not the only one doing this. We can judge better when it gets closer.

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 07/13/19 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
For me, I'm still gathering people up. Waiting on final head count before buying. I'm sure I'm not the only one doing this. We can judge better when it gets closer.

Issue there was I had a deadline for group rate cuz I went in block...now that I check the rate vs the section I realize I got some top dollar seats in shipping them out...If I was only bringing a few of do it your way but for me 30 family who needs to be together...worth every penny 30 folks I did my part with PRIDE

Btw checked ticket master so it looks like I got some prime seats for $45 each seems like I'm in the 60s so I'm happy just stressed I agree 6k paid a solid goal

PostPosted: 07/13/19 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:
****CITATION NEEDED!****

****PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN****

What are you judging off of?

Do you have a report?

Are you eying ticketmaster? That doesn't always give best indicator but it is a good way for fans to track

Heard nothing from reps....tho giving all sth a freebee is not a good sign I'll admit...6k paid better than 5 paid with a ton of giveaways (which Dolan claimed but I still doubt)

Very concerned here I didn't Take a (mathmatical) year off my life to get 30 people out here without a reason I get the importance THE FUTURE OF THE FRANCHISE IS AT STAKE PEOPLE

There is no where in the city limits that really holds 5-7k carnesecca in queens is the closest but needs repair and renovation and would need to run shuttles from the subway to make viable as it's a good mile from the subway (Lee gardens E and F line also can backdoor from J)

Nassau doesn't really hold that much less and is basically car only for night games

Long term at wcc I have a feeling PA will forbid

I'll rabble rouse best I can

I'm tapped out money wise went over budget at last minute and would do it again to get 30...but aside from stunting off my natural ticket and freebee I've given all I can

If the people have given up so be it...but we have a month to go...KEIA...GET THE REPS OUT AND SELL SELL SELL!!!! We need this the market it there...hey it done...PAID NO GIVEAWAYS we are counting on you as loyals

#hellobrooklyn2020 is a must

If you see anyone unaware make an aware

If someone in the fence REMIND THEM DOLAN AND BLAZE ARE GONE AND THIS IS OUR ONE SHOT...STAND UP AND BE COUNTED!!!!

6-7 P A I D is a good goal juice it to 8-10k butts makes sense

I dunno the report auntie sees but yes I am taking it seriously despite no link

ALL HANDS ON DECK if the team won't market we have to do it for them lol

As part of my work, I see confidential projected attendance figures for all events at Barclays. The figure was low when the game was first announced, but I was surprised to see that the number had not gone up substantially so I started this thread. I really cannot say more.

PostPosted: 07/13/19 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's alarming thanks

Edit spoke to my friends in high places....expect a big spike...stakes are known...i have faith...not doubting the info but I have faith and will keep doing my part selling thru word I mouth

PostPosted: 07/13/19 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:
That's alarming thanks

Edit spoke to my friends in high places....expect a big spike...stakes are known...i have faith...not doubting the info but I have faith and will keep doing my part selling thru word I mouth

That was the point of the post. Thanks.

PostPosted: 07/13/19 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have faith as well. I remember the games at MSG and they would always get a lot of walk-up sales(day of). I'm expecting the same thing for August 11.

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 07/20/19 8:33 am    ::: DOTCOM YOU AREN'T HELPING Reply Reply with quote

Didn't want to bog down the lib thread with this so figured since we are discussing marketing for the Barclays match this was a good place to bring it up

Dunno if anyone else gets lib banner ads on here or elsewhere but me being a huge W lifer....I do

So I see the league is trying to help the teams out with additional web ads...can tell as it's the league font logo and tag lines...

So on here There is a banner ad for General lib tix for the rest of the season

Cool

And for the Aug 4 WCC game vs CT

Cool

And for the all important August 11th game being billed as ALSO BEING AT WCC

DOTCOM YOU WERE SOOOOOO CLOOOOOSSSEEE

needless to say I reported this to lib officials but no change yet but we shall see after weekend

Not libs fault DOTCOM being DOTCOM Rolling Eyes

But yeah anyone else see that misleading ad????

NOT HELPING

PostPosted: 08/01/19 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We're ten days away from this. Sales look to be picking up and they're really pushing the game on social media now. Looking forward to this game and the future of the Liberty in Brooklyn!

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/01/19 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don’t know why anyone wouldn’t be psyched for this game after watching tonight’s epic performance. The best way to sell more tickets might be to postpone the remainder of the pre-8/11 games till September.

PostPosted: 08/01/19 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm coming to the game on August 11th. I greatly respect anyone who's trying to get lots of friends to come. But I have a problem with the assumptions being put forward here.

For me, there are four possibilities:

1. Joe Tsai has already decided that he's moving the Liberty to the Barclay Center for 2020 and beyond.

2. Tsai has already decided that he's NOT moving the Liberty to the Barclay Center.

3. Tsai hasn't decided anything and will be giving very heavy weight to how many fans--and especially how many paying fans--will be in the seats on August 11th.

4. Tsai hasn't decided anything but for him the attendance for one game isn't going to be a major factor--or a factor at all--in the decision he has to make for next season.

No one here is speaking as if they KNOW which of these options is correct. Since #3 may be on the mark, it may be important if a few thousand more fans are at the Aug. 11th game rather than a few thousand less.

But my guess--only a guess--is that a successful businessman like Joe Tsai won't base a very important decision on the attendance for ONE game. He knows--we all know--that the turnout on Aug. 11th might be terrific and the turnout for 17 regular-season home games at the Barclay Center in 2020 might be lousy. Or vice versa.

So, in my view, the attendance for Aug. 11th might matter. Might be crucial. But I suspect it won't be. In fact, I'm guessing that Joe Tsai has already decided about his plan for the Liberty for 2020 and beyond. I'm hoping he's already making lots of moves behind the scenes to prepare for the Liberty making their new home at the Barclay Center.

One final thought. It's hard for me to imagine that Joe Tsai would have bought the New York Liberty unless he'd already decided to move to the team to the Barclay Center. Would he buy the team thinking: maybe I'll keep them in White Plains? Maybe I'll move them to the Prudential Center? Or the Nassau Coliseum? Or the Fordham gym? Or the Columbia gym? I can't imagine that he was giving five minutes of serious consideration to any of those alternatives.

toad455

PostPosted: 08/02/19 4:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tsai's a smart businessman and it should be very clear to him that keeping them in Westchester won't equal any kind of success for him. I'm hoping we know this answer by the end of the season. Tsai can't wait too long as he needs to start to market the team in Brooklyn & NYC and start selling season ticket packages.

awhom111

PostPosted: 08/02/19 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Tsai's a smart businessman and it should be very clear to him that keeping them in Westchester won't equal any kind of success for him. I'm hoping we know this answer by the end of the season. Tsai can't wait too long as he needs to start to market the team in Brooklyn & NYC and start selling season ticket packages.

Westchester is not an option for the future, right? Unless Dolan signed a crazy lease agreement or something. I've never understood the confusion about him moving them there considering his relationship with the area.

If Tsai's handling of Barclays is the same as it has been recently, then there would be financial targets that would probably need to be met in order to have the Liberty there full time based on the costs of operating the facility. If he's allowed to be more generous, then maybe he can do whatever he wants. I would assume the backup plan is Nassau due to the ties and because I would assume that the local government wants more tenants there in the future.
Happycappie25

PostPosted: 08/02/19 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Bob you ain't wrong but I think a hybrid of 1 and 3 is possible

Its called a soft launch or test market

In fact on the invite for my group I called the game a test market

You 90% have your mind sold where your going we have evidence if this already...namely housing and prax in Brooklyn.

4 is possible but I think unlikely given other evidence

But to be safe and to make sure marketing is up to snuff and tge right folks are being targeted you do one preview to sell to see if demand is there...its the final test

So yes I'm rabble rousing and im stoked and id pay my 1350 for 30 seats again and again

So if say between 1 and 3

If it was 2 only kids day would be done at barclays

PostPosted: 08/02/19 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Westchester is not an option for the future, right? Unless Dolan signed a crazy lease agreement or something. I've never understood the confusion about him moving them there considering his relationship with the area.

If Tsai's handling of Barclays is the same as it has been recently, then there would be financial targets that would probably need to be met in order to have the Liberty there full time based on the costs of operating the facility. If he's allowed to be more generous, then maybe he can do whatever he wants. I would assume the backup plan is Nassau due to the ties and because I would assume that the local government wants more tenants there in the future.

Westchester CC is a cellar of an "arena". Not even up to minor league standards. It's a nice high school venue and that's it. If they play in Nassau, any visits would be out for me. Just way too far. Barclays is clearly the best option.

My preferences in order.
1. Barclays Center
2. Prudential Center
3. Nassau Coliseum
4. Carnesecca Arena (St. John's U.)
5. Rose Hill Gymnasium (Fordham U.)
6. Rutgers Athletic Center

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 08/02/19 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:

You 90% have your mind sold where your going we have evidence if this already...namely housing and prax in Brooklyn.

But to be safe and to make sure marketing is up to snuff and tge right folks are being targeted you do one preview to sell to see if demand is there...its the final test

So yes I'm rabble rousing and im stoked and id pay my 1350 for 30 seats again and again

It is surely true that a "test market" is an important approach in various business plans. But I just don't see it in this case. Here's why. Suppose the attendance on August 11th is terrible. (I don't believe that it will be.) Suppose Joe decides that the "test market" result is convincing evidence that the Barclay Center won't work. What would his next move be? We spent months here examining the alternatives in detail and each seemed worse than the next.

Joe Tsai surely studied all this before he bought the Liberty. I'm convinced that he made that purchase with a firm decision in mind to move the team to Brooklyn. I'm not saying he'll stay forever if in 2020 and beyond the attendance is disappointing. But I believe we'll be seeing our team at the Barclay Center for at least the next few seasons.

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 08/03/19 6:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Happycappie25 wrote:

It is surely true that a "test market" is an important approach in various business plans. But I just don't see it in this case. Here's why. Suppose the attendance on August 11th is terrible. (I don't believe that it will be.) Suppose Joe decides that the "test market" result is convincing evidence that the Barclay Center won't work. What would his next move be? We spent months here examining the alternatives in detail and each seemed worse than the next.

Joe Tsai surely studied all this before he bought the Liberty. I'm convinced that he made that purchase with a firm decision in mind to move the team to Brooklyn. I'm not saying he'll stay forever if in 2020 and beyond the attendance is disappointing. But I believe we'll be seeing our team at the Barclay Center for at least the next few seasons.

I agree on its face and have said this privately

But with reps hyping up non profits in Westchester embracing the team and laughing in my face when I bring up comments by players noting the deficiencies of wcc (yeah I hung up on him lol and def bringing back making the x signal at Westchester s mention in the entrance video...wcc is no good for elite competition period)

I'M NOT TAKING ANY CHANCES lol

PostPosted: 08/03/19 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The greatest Public Relations ever :

Before the August 11th game starts , Joe Tsai
goes to the court to welcome the fans to
the Barclays Center and to announce that The New York Liberty
will be playing the 2020 season here ...and renewal forms are
outside for you to get at halftime .

toad455

PostPosted: 08/03/19 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:

Let's hope so!

NYSports56

PostPosted: 08/04/19 4:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:

If the plan is to play there in 2020, that would indeed be a fantastic way of announcing it.

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 08/04/19 7:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:

I've had dreams of this happening tho I have it at half and let the reps circulate...timing works for renewals...I agree it's a dream but one that would bring me to tears of joy if it happened

PostPosted: 08/04/19 8:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The game is a week away!!! Checking Ticketmaster and sales look good. The general admission tickets are soldout and the majority of the center sections have limited availability. Most of what's left are the $30 seats on the sides & behind the baskets. Let's hope they get a lot of walk-ups like they did at MSG. Also would be great if the Liberty play well and give the crowd a solid game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: