RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Are We Officially Desensitized To These Mass Shootings?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 08/03/19 4:26 pm    ::: Are We Officially Desensitized To These Mass Shootings? Reply Reply with quote

These mass shootings are occurring every other week, and the government will do nothing about this. I should've realized this when nothing was done in response to the murdered children in Newtown, Connecticut.
Quote:
(CNN)Multiple people were killed Saturday in a shooting at a shopping center in El Paso, Texas, according to local officials.

El Paso Mayor Dee Margo and police Sgt. Enrique Carrillo said there were multiple fatalities.

Authorities do not believe there is an ongoing threat, Carrillo told reporters.
One suspect is in custody, according to Sgt. Robert Gomez.

At least 23 people were injured, spokesmen from two hospitals told CNN.
Eleven victims were transported to the Del Sol Medical Center, hospital spokesman Victor Guerrero said. Nine of them are in critical but stable condition, he said.

Thirteen people were taken to the University Medical Center of El Paso, spokesman Ryan Mielke told CNN, and one of them has died.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/03/us/el-paso-shooting/index.html

PostPosted: 08/03/19 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

it's highly suspicious that, at this late hour, they still have no numbers of dead and injured. maybe if a "victim" is declared, the name must be given and they don't know their names. maybe they know their names, but they're reluctant to release them for fear of what tripe's troopers might do to/with the surviving victims. maybe they can't identify/contact next of kin. it's very strange.

PostPosted: 08/03/19 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
it's highly suspicious that, at this late hour, they still have no numbers of dead and injured. maybe if a "victim" is declared, the name must be given and they don't know their names. maybe they know their names, but they're reluctant to release them for fear of what tripe's troopers might do to/with the surviving victims. maybe they can't identify/contact next of kin. it's very strange.

Yet that hasn't stopped our major networks, CNN, Fox News, and AP all from citing wildly different numbers. News conference pending with Gov of Texas, so maybe we'll get a definitive answer.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 08/03/19 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Been out of the loop all day, ,just heard about this.

20 dead 26 injured.

my first ques- is the shooter dead? when i learned he was taken into custody uninjured, immediately i assume he's white. No doubt it's a man.

He drove 9 hrs from Dallas suburb? manifesto?

we can just figure it's a male white nationalist trump-supporting terrorist, right?

PostPosted: 08/03/19 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the USA just needs to redefine mass shootings to require double-digit fatalities. That way they can be newsworthy again.

PostPosted: 08/04/19 3:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
sambista wrote:

Yet that hasn't stopped our major networks, CNN, Fox News, and AP all from citing wildly different numbers. News conference pending with Gov of Texas, so maybe we'll get a definitive answer.

i can't speak for all these media outlets, but i watched cnn for several hours, and at no time were numbers thrown out. in fact, some friends and i were musing about the fact that officials weren't announcing any numbers for an inordinately long time. but cnn in particular stuck with the "multiple shootings" line.

on another note, i read the nyt piece about this manifesto, which i'm sure is being circulated for fuckers to adapt and use when they're ready to pull their own triggers. one sentence in it says the the fucker's opinions "predate trump and his campaign for president." how convenient and calculated to take the time to absolve him.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/03/us/patrick-crusius-el-paso-shooter-manifesto.html

PostPosted: 08/04/19 3:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyway that's all old news now. You've had your turn in the spotlight, El Paso.
Dayton, you got next.

PostPosted: 08/04/19 7:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jesus

PostPosted: 08/04/19 7:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:

From that first sentence, I thought you were about to go Alex Jones on us

PostPosted: 08/04/19 8:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
sambista wrote:

i can't speak for all these media outlets, but i watched cnn for several hours, and at no time were numbers thrown out. in fact, some friends and i were musing about the fact that officials weren't announcing any numbers for an inordinately long time. but cnn in particular stuck with the "multiple shootings" line.

on another note, i read the nyt piece about this manifesto, which i'm sure is being circulated for fuckers to adapt and use when they're ready to pull their own triggers. one sentence in it says the the fucker's opinions "predate trump and his campaign for president." how convenient and calculated to take the time to absolve him.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/03/us/patrick-crusius-el-paso-shooter-manifesto.html

Unfortunately what a lot of Trump followers aren't seeing (whether by choice or ignorance) is that Trump's words and stances on things are giving these people the OK to act on their feelings. He's made them feel that they are right to hate others and that it is OK to act on that hate.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/04/19 8:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:

Apparently, some of the victims were afraid to seek help because they feared getting reported to ICE.

This is America...

PostPosted: 08/04/19 8:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nothing will change as long as everyone in the White House chooses not to change anything. Nobody in office seems to be ready to start a change on gun laws.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 08/04/19 8:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why no ID yet?

PostPosted: 08/04/19 8:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Nothing will change as long as everyone in the White House chooses not to change anything. Nobody in office seems to be ready to start a change on gun laws.

That is merely a reflection of what the voters want, right?
It seems to me that as passionate as some people are about the laws needing to change, those people are still in the minority.

PostPosted: 08/04/19 9:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
toad455 wrote:

It seems to me that as passionate as some people are about the laws needing to change, those people are still in the minority.

Most Americans would accept some change, but they don't trust lawmakers to stop once they get started.

PostPosted: 08/04/19 9:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Most Americans would accept some change, but they don't trust lawmakers to stop once they get started.

i don't accept that at all.

i do accept too many americans are easily misled.

PostPosted: 08/04/19 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Why no ID yet?

Connor Betts, 19.

Another white guy with a rifle. But let's keep the antifa propaganda going...

PostPosted: 08/04/19 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Why no ID yet?

Connor Betts, 19.

Another white guy with a rifle. But let's keep the antifa propaganda going...

He's reportedly 24, not 19

PostPosted: 08/04/19 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

an interesting two-fer for you:

8chan Is a Megaphone for Gunmen. ‘Shut the Site Down,’ Says Its Creator.

warning: this one's from 2016.
Meet the man keeping 8chan, the world's most vile website, alive

PostPosted: 08/04/19 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Nope. Ninty percent of the country believes in some form of gun regulation. (At least background checks)

It’s a reflection of the amount of money the NRA gives to the Republican Party.

PostPosted: 08/04/19 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Nope. Ninty percent of the country believes in some form of gun regulation. (At least background checks)

Confused

Ninety percent of the country might believe in it, but they don't care enough to base their votes on it.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/04/19 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Confused

Ninety percent of the country might believe in it, but they don't care enough to base their votes on it.

Of course, but at the same time..elected officials are supposed to represent the people.

PostPosted: 08/04/19 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Desensitized" is an understatement, I'm afraid. I'm now hearing references to not-so-distant mass shootings that I can't even remember the details of, anymore...."Yet another mass shooting" really is blasé, no?

I'm at least glad the El Paso incident has been officially coined "Domestic Terrorism". Using that term only for the few shootings where the perp is Muslim must end.

PostPosted: 08/04/19 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 08/04/19 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: