RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Mario Lopez on Kids Choosing To Be Transgender

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 07/30/19 1:32 pm    ::: Mario Lopez on Kids Choosing To Be Transgender Reply Reply with quote

Discussion begins at 11:27

<embed><iframe width="473" height="266" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FSDlx23uiDY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://youtu.be/FSDlx23uiDY

PostPosted: 07/30/19 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They're fucking idiots.

I love how she starts it off "I'm not a parent..." and then speaks as if an expert on raising children because she was a fucking glorified babysitter when she was younger.

And then they go on to argue a total strawman.

Yes, I think we all could agree that 3 years old is too young to make permanent life altering decisions for yourself. If these parents were signing their kids up for gender reassignment surgery because their 3 year old said that once, they would have a very good arguement here. But that not what's happening.

What's happening is these parents are doing the same thing for their kids that that fucking moron's parents did for her, based upon her own example. She points out how she was a "tomboy" but then "grew out of the phase". In other words, when she decided that was how she wanted to dress and act, no one told her no. They let her forge her own path and make her own decisions about it. Ultimately she decided it wasn't for her. That is what these parents are doing. If their 3 year old says "Mommy, I'm a girl", instead of reflexively correcting them and forcing them into some biologically defined gender identity, they simple say "okay". They let their child take the lead. They let them try out the identity that they want. If it is just some childish fancy, they will move on in short order. Just like she did with her "tomboy" identity. If it goes deeper, then the parents haven't forced them to deny what their body is telling them.

A parent's job is to protect their child from harm, not to live their life for them. If my son tells me he's a superhero, I don't tell him he's not. If he wants to wear a cape out in public and pretend like he can fly, I let him. It's only of he actually gets on the roof that I step in. And there's nothing about "I'm a girl" that's them getting on the roof.

PostPosted: 07/30/19 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As soon as I saw that it was by Candace Owens, and the affiliation with PragerU. I turned away.

As for Mario Lopez, he is a former actor from the Saved By The Bell series and was a contestant on Dancing With The Stars. He hosts the infotainment show, Extra.

PostPosted: 07/31/19 8:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 07/31/19 8:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 07/31/19 8:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 07/31/19 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
"The comments I made were ignorant and insensitive, and I now have a deeper understanding of how hurtful they were," he said. "I have been and always will be an ardent supporter of the LGBTQ community, and I am going to use this opportunity to better educate myself. Moving forward I will be more informed and thoughtful."

https://toofab.com/2019/07/31/karamo-brown-offers-to-educate-mario-lopez-comments-transgender-children/

IMO, he's only backtracking now because it's hitting his pocket$$$$. TV sponsors pull out game is strong.

He should have known that he would receive backlash for this. His PR team needs to be fired for letting him go on professional troll Candace Owens show to begin with.

PostPosted: 08/01/19 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 08/01/19 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just remembered that this ass-hat once played Greg Louganis is a TV movie and I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Howee

PostPosted: 08/01/19 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, that was a fairly inane conversation, imo. Razz I didn't see anything they said as rabidly ANTI-transgender supportive, but was coming from a place of fear--fear that they'd never want their kids to 'be that way'. And that's not an uncommon thing among young folks new to the Parenting Thing.

From their conversation and impressions, its apparent that neither of them has genuinely experienced a transgender kid. There is a palpable difference between a kid who's imagining some variant roles, and one who self-identifies as the 'other' gender.

The SCARIEST thing I heard them agree on was the idea of putting their kids in 'very religious' schools....as if strict parochial schools are the way to go, if you want your kids to come out okay. I can't begin to tell you how many LGBTQ people I know who were products of that kind of educational system, and I'm one of them.

PostPosted: 08/03/19 2:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
I just remembered that this ass-hat once played Greg Louganis is a TV movie and I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Greg Louganis was the previous tenant of the apartment I just moved out of.

PostPosted: 08/07/19 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

could this be the reason Mario distrusts women?

https://variety.com/1993/scene/people-news/saved-by-the-bell-actor-hit-with-date-rape-charge-106708/

yeah, lets not forget his agenda.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: