RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2019 Coaching Movement
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 07/25/19 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tori Neimann joins UNC staff as Director of Outreach, Alumni, Admin. She was at Clemson as Asst Dir of Student Athlete Development

https://goheels.com/news/2019/7/23/niemann-joins-womens-basketball-staff.aspx

ClayK

PostPosted: 07/25/19 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
Is Cheryl Miller out at Cal State LA?if you look at the Cal State LA WBB coaching staff link, the asst. coach from last year is now listed as the head coach. I didn't see anything on Google, the team website, heck even WHoopdirt came up empty. Could this be a misprint or the quietest coaching exit ever? ClayK, you're Mr. West Coast, what's happening in the golden coast?

I'm in Northern California, a glorious seven hours away from LA down I-5, and my knowledge of SoCal is not significantly greater than my knowledge of South Dakota ... (OK, I do more but you get the point.)

We're taking our first trip to L.A. in, I don't know, 10 years, early next month.

Now if you want to know about Cal State East Bay, there I can help you.

PostPosted: 07/25/19 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Helen Tau named DOBO at Princeton. She was video at Georgetown

https://goprincetontigers.com/news/2019/7/24/womens-basketball-berube-finalizes-staff-with-hiring-of-helen-tau.aspx

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 07/25/19 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bernadette Devaney is now listed as AC at Lehigh on Staff Directory

https://lehighsports.com/staff.aspx

summertime blues

PostPosted: 07/26/19 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not coaching *movement*, but Sean O'Regan has signed an extension with JMU through 2023.

PostPosted: 07/26/19 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Purdue AC Nadine Morgan has resigned after 13 years with program

https://www.jconline.com/story/sports/college/purdue/womens-basketball/2019/07/26/purdue-womens-basketball-assistant-nadine-morgan-steps-down-after-13-seasons/1843530001/

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 07/27/19 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iowa hires Ugo Nwaigwe as DOBO. Was AC at Graceland

https://hawkeyesports.com/news/2019/7/9/womens-basketball-nwaigwe-named-director-of-basketball-operations.aspx?path=wbball

PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/27/19 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thefutureisbright wrote:

https://www.jconline.com/story/sports/college/purdue/womens-basketball/2019/07/26/purdue-womens-basketball-assistant-nadine-morgan-steps-down-after-13-seasons/1843530001/

That's a weird move with weird timing. Wonder if someone else is lined up?

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 07/29/19 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Idaho AC Jeri Jacobson has been named HC at South Dakota School of the Mines (D2)

https://gorockers.com/news/2019/7/26/jacobson-named-hardrocker-womens-basketball-head-coach.aspx

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 07/29/19 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michael Scruggs who recently joined Marshall staff will now be replacing Nadine Morgan at Purdue.

https://purduesports.com/news/2019/7/29/womens-basketball-scruggs-named-purdue-wbb-assistant-coach.aspx

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 07/29/19 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
thefutureisbright wrote:

From the article (linked in the original post):

Morgan is the second assistant to leave following last season. Former standout player Lindsay Wisdom-Hylton left the program, allowing Versyp to hire Melanie Balcomb to the staff. Wisdom-Hylton has joined Wisconsin's program as an assistant.

Two stalwarts of the program -- one an AC for 15 years, the other a former player and now AC at another Big Ten program -- have left this offseason.

Of the P5 schools, Versyp's seat may be the hottest.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/29/19 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
thefutureisbright wrote:

Morgan is the second assistant to leave following last season. Former standout player Lindsay Wisdom-Hylton left the program, allowing Versyp to hire Melanie Balcomb to the staff. Wisdom-Hylton has joined Wisconsin's program as an assistant.

Two stalwarts of the program -- one an AC for 15 years, the other a former player and now AC at another Big Ten program -- have left this offseason.

From your lips to god's ears.

LWH moved to another program at least. Malcolm is just leaving.

Michael Scruggs from Loyola is replacing Malcolm.

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 07/30/19 8:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ronnie Enoch is now Syracuse's Director of Recruiting and Player Performance

https://cuse.com/coaches.aspx?roster=1501&path=wbasket

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 07/30/19 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thefutureisbright wrote:
Youngstown State hires Amber Reeves as DOBO. She was a GA at UNCW.

https://www.ysusports.com/sports/wbkb/coaches/reeves-amber?view=bio

Official release on Reeves to Youngstown along with Jason Pacanowski as Dir of Plyr Personnel

https://www.ysusports.com/sports/wbkb/2019-20/releases/reeves-pacanowski-announcement-0725

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 07/30/19 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thefutureisbright wrote:
Ronnie Enoch is now Syracuse's Director of Recruiting and Player Performance

https://cuse.com/coaches.aspx?roster=1501&path=wbasket

Interesting that DeLisha Milton-Jones left her position as HC at Pepperdine for the Assistant Coach and Recruiting Coordinator position with Syracuse. Not an "Associate Coach" position, but an "Assistant Coach" position.

Vonn Read has been Syracuse's Associate Coach since October 2013.

I still think it was a good move for DMJ, if her goal is to be a P5 coach. Having the experience as an assistant (and a recruiting coordinator) for a Top 25 school, in addition to being a head coach at a non-P5 school, will make for an impressive resume (in addition to her own playing history, added to said resume).

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 07/30/19 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

From your lips to god's ears.

LWH moved to another program at least. Malcolm is just leaving.

Michael Scruggs from Loyola is replacing Malcolm.

PUMatty, purduefanatic, and other Purdue fans:
If Sharon Verseyp is relieved of her coaching duties after the season, which candidates would you like to see replace her?

If we are looking at the Purdue family playing/coaching tree (and please feel free to let me know if I am missing an obvious candidate in this regard), here are a few names:

--- Should Purdue reach out to Niele Ivey and make her big offer? While she has not yet been a head coach, Ivey is entering her 13th year as an Assistant Coach at Notre Dame for the 2019-20 season (she added the title of recruiting coordinator in 2012 and was promoted to associate coach in the summer of 2015). She was previously a finalist for the Vanderbilt job (that went to Stephanie White). Her son will be a freshman at Purdue.

--- While the Atlanta Dream has struggled in 2019, Nicki Collen was the 2018 WNBA Coach of the Year. She is an alumnae, has had 8 years of experience as a college Assistant Coach, and was a WNBA Assistant Coach for a few years as well.

--- Lindsay Wisdom-Hylton was an assistant coach for seven seasons at her alma mater (with her eighth season as an AC coming this year at Wisconsin). Is that sufficient, in terms of experience, to assume the mantle of HC -- or is LWH better suited to be an Associate Head Coach at Purdue under a new HC?

--- Former Purdue player Tricia Cullop wrapped up her 11th year at the helm of Toledo in 2018-19. Toledo has hung eight postseason banners in Cullop’s tenure, including a 2011 Postseason WNIT championship, one MAC Championship, two MAC regular-season titles, and four MAC West Division titles. Is she ready to make the jump to P5 - and does she have the resume/credentials for the Purdue job?

--- Another former Purdue player, Teri Moren, just finished her fifth season at Indiana, where she has won one WNIT Championship and made the NCAA Second Round twice. But her Big Ten record is just 43–43 (.500) in five years -- and the last time Purdue hired an Indiana Head Coach, it left the Boilermakers in the current predicament (as Versyp was Indiana's HC for one year before moving to West Lafayette).

What about outside of the Purdue tree, but perhaps with some connection to the State of Indiana?

Or what about someone with no ties to Purdue or the state, but someone who is an established HC or a longtime assistant at a P5 school?

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 07/30/19 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
thefutureisbright wrote:

Not weird timing at all. Her wife just had their first child a couple of months ago. Nadine saw the summer recruiting period through and then got done. She was going to try and stay for the full year but the pull to be with her family was just too strong. Can't blame her in the least for putting her new family first.

Last edited by purduefanatic on 07/30/19 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
purduefanatic

PostPosted: 07/30/19 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
PUMatty, purduefanatic, and other Purdue fans:
If Sharon Verseyp is relieved of her coaching duties after the season, which candidates would you like to see replace her?

If we are looking at the Purdue family playing/coaching tree (and please feel free to let me know if I am missing an obvious candidate in this regard), here are a few names:

--- Should Purdue reach out to Niele Ivey and make her big offer? While she has not yet been a head coach, Ivey is entering her 13th year as an Assistant Coach at Notre Dame for the 2019-20 season (she added the title of recruiting coordinator in 2012 and was promoted to associate coach in the summer of 2015). She was previously a finalist for the Vanderbilt job (that went to Stephanie White). Her son will be a freshman at Purdue.

--- While the Atlanta Dream has struggled in 2019, Nicki Collen was the 2018 WNBA Coach of the Year. She is an alumnae, has had 8 years of experience as a college Assistant Coach, and was a WNBA Assistant Coach for a few years as well.

--- Lindsay Wisdom-Hylton was an assistant coach for seven seasons at her alma mater (with her eighth season as an AC coming this year at Wisconsin). Is that sufficient, in terms of experience, to assume the mantle of HC -- or is LWH better suited to be an Associate Head Coach at Purdue under a new HC?

--- Former Purdue player Tricia Cullop wrapped up her 11th year at the helm of Toledo in 2018-19. Toledo has hung eight postseason banners in Cullop’s tenure, including a 2011 Postseason WNIT championship, one MAC Championship, two MAC regular-season titles, and four MAC West Division titles. Is she ready to make the jump to P5 - and does she have the resume/credentials for the Purdue job?

--- Another former Purdue player, Teri Moren, just finished her fifth season at Indiana, where she has won one WNIT Championship and made the NCAA Second Round twice. But her Big Ten record is just 43–43 (.500) in five years -- and the last time Purdue hired an Indiana Head Coach, it left the Boilermakers in the current predicament (as Versyp was Indiana's HC for one year before moving to West Lafayette).

What about outside of the Purdue tree, but perhaps with some connection to the State of Indiana?

Or what about someone with no ties to Purdue or the state, but someone who is an established HC or a longtime assistant at a P5 school?

Ivey and Cullop are the only 2 on that list that would interest me. One name you left off was that of Katie Gearlds, one of Purdue's most prolific guards. She is entering her 7th season as the HC at NAIA Marian University in Indianapolis. She has won back-to-back National Championships (2015-16 & 2016-17) while going to the national tournament 5 straight years. Her overall record is 170-41. I understand it is at the NAIA level, but I have watched her coach a few times and her teams are motivated, play hard and she has a really good system. I feel all those would translate well at the higher level. The staff she put around herself would have to have a strong recruiter or at least someone familiar with recruiting the top players in the country. She is a very good recruiter but just doesn't have the experience at the highest level. I doubt it would take her very long to be an excellent recruiter.

Any of those 3 would be good in my opinion if we are looking for somebody from the Purdue tree.

If we are looking outside that tree, I would immediately call Megan Duffy at Miami (OH). I think she is a rising star in the coaching ranks.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/30/19 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
thefutureisbright wrote:

Not weird timing at all. Her wife just had their first child a couple of months ago. Nadine saw the summer recruiting period through and then got done. She was going to try and stay for the full year but the pull to be with her family was just too strong. Can't blame her in the least for putting her new family first.

I didn't know she had a new child. That makes more sense. Otherwise, leaving in the middle of summer with no other coaching job lined up stood out as surprising.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 07/30/19 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
If we are looking outside that tree, I would immediately call Megan Duffy at Miami (OH). I think she is a rising star in the coaching ranks.

She’s the new HC at Marquette now. I can’t imagine her leaving another job that quickly.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 07/30/19 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:

Ivey and Cullop are the only 2 on that list that would interest me.

Niele might not be available.

Quote:
Notre Dame women’s basketball associate head coach Niele Ivey has emerged as a serious candidate to join Taylor Jenkins’ staff with the Memphis Grizzlies, a source told @CBSports.

https://twitter.com/GaryParrishCBS/status/1156305057593384961

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
pilight

PostPosted: 07/30/19 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The big downside to women coaching men is that the men's side will start poaching all the best coaching talent instead of just half

PostPosted: 07/31/19 9:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Former UVA AC Jama Sharp returns to her alma mater, Stetson, as DOBO. She replaces DeAngela Mathis

https://gohatters.com/news/2019/7/31/womens-basketball-jama-sharp-returns-to-stetson-as-director-of-basketball-operations.aspx

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 07/31/19 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Quote:

She’s the new HC at Marquette now. I can’t imagine her leaving another job that quickly.

I knew that and totally spaced it. Thank you for the correction. Yeah, she wouldn't leave there after just a year unless it was for a massive pay increase.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 07/31/19 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
mzonefan wrote:
Quote:

I knew that and totally spaced it. Thank you for the correction. Yeah, she wouldn't leave there after just a year unless it was for a massive pay increase.

Yeah let us keep her for at least a few years please Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 26 of 33

Jump to: