RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

WNBA All Star Weekend 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 07/27/19 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Halftime show.... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 07/27/19 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I do believe this was the best All Star Game re really playing the game and not just playing around.

toad455

PostPosted: 07/27/19 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whoever does the ASG next has some big shoes to fill. Vegas showed up for this!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
LibFan25

PostPosted: 07/27/19 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just keep the all-star game in Vegas for a couple of years, heard it was very successful Vegas did a great job

Shades

PostPosted: 07/27/19 11:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
Just keep the all-star game in Vegas for a couple of years, heard it was very successful Vegas did a great job

How about every year, just like the NCAA tournament?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
LibFan25

PostPosted: 07/27/19 11:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:

Yup Sounds good to me

NYSports56

PostPosted: 07/27/19 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
I do believe this was the best All Star Game re really playing the game and not just playing around.

Wow, my take on the game was completely different. I gave up before the first half ended, and turned of the TV wondering whether it would better if people didn't see this as a sample of what the WNBA is all about. The players were literally walking on defense. I never watched the WNBA All-Star game before, so I have nothing to compare it to. Are you saying it was even worse in the past?

It's OK when men's All-Star games are a joke--everybody knows it and nobody expects anything. But when people tune into the WNBA All-Star game as their only sample of the league, this might be their only chance to form an opinion.

Maybe things got better in the second half, but I wonder how many people made it that far. I've think I've watched more than half of the WNBA action this year, and I couldn't even make it.

PicknLOL

PostPosted: 07/28/19 6:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
It's OK when men's All-Star games are a joke--everybody knows it and nobody expects anything. But when people tune into the WNBA All-Star game as their only sample of the league, this might be their only chance to form an opinion.

The WNBA has to do it differently and can't be having fun, then? An exhibition game that's run in a celebration of the most talented (arguably) players should be played exactly like a real game, instead of players having fun, because someone decided to sample the league there instead of tuning in for, say, the finals, or right about any game that matters?

As for the missing D, when it was there, it was surely entertaining. The steals, I particularly remember one by DeShields, but team Wilson had several of those early in the game. There were few games this season where you could have seen explosive steals like that, so there was even a bit of false advertising. Then half of the time when Cambage was fooling around by playing offence in positions she's not normally playing in, she was defended and striking. If someone tuned in for the first half, especially first quarter to ‘check out’ the WNBA, they should have been impressed by the play of the players on team Wilson for sure.

And we didn't have instances of the players completely clearing the lane for Griner to dunk and her missing, like last year. Although that still the case with her three-point attempts. Laughing

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/28/19 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I feel like the "Serious sports fan but only gives a league one chance to make a good impression and that one chance is its all star game" demographic is probably not large enough to lose too much sleep over potentially disappointing.

PostPosted: 07/28/19 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
I feel like the "Serious sports fan but only gives a league one chance to make a good impression and that one chance is its all star game" demographic is probably not large enough to lose too much sleep over potentially disappointing.

I have to think that a "serious sports fan" knows that All-Star games are not representative of the sport.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 07/28/19 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PicknLOL wrote:
The WNBA has to do it differently and can't be having fun, then?

The point of my post is that maybe they do need to do it differently.

But maybe not. All of your points are well taken.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/28/19 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

I have to think that a "serious sports fan" knows that All-Star games are not representative of the sport.

Exactly.

PostPosted: 07/28/19 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All Star Games should be fun for the fans...
many in the past were and some were not.

Its a chance for the fans to see the stars play ...some only play home teams
once or twice a year,,,so here is a chance to see them all in one place...in one game.

Im not that sure its going to make a fan out of someone that doesn't like the WNBA

I loved the ASG's in New York and Washington years ago...

Was there any chance for RebKell posters to get together in LV?
Those Rebkell dinners at ASG's were lots of fun

Next All Star Game in Brooklyn !

pilight

PostPosted: 07/29/19 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA Sponsors Score Big During 2019 All-Star Game

https://zoomph.com/blog/wnba-sponsors-score-big-during-2019-all-star-game/

Quote:
Over 7.4 thousand posts were collected in our feed which generated over 1.7 billion impressions on social media

PostPosted: 07/29/19 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm glad there was a boost for the sponsors. I have attended the last 4 All-Star weekends and this one was the best, Phoenix was a close second. There was such energy in the arena and the buzz all around Vegas was palpable. All of the Uber drivers knew about the Aces and they knew and were impressed by the halftime entertainment.

I realized I'm not the target market, for the entertainment, but it was so much fun to see the players over there singing along and enjoying themselves.

We also encountered a 12 year old girl who was watching the orange carpet, her father said she just started playing a basketball, as a point guard and knew all of the UCONN players. They came up from California with her mother and brother and had the time of their lives getting pictures and autographs. To me that is what these weekends are about.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 07/29/19 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:

If you are referring to the NCAA Women's Division I Basketball Tournament, that is *not* held in the same city every year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: