RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Mike Pence - Trumps "Bootlicking Bobblehead"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 07/26/19 7:49 am    ::: Mike Pence - Trumps "Bootlicking Bobblehead" Reply Reply with quote

A book is coming out about Pence. This man is scary.

Quote:
Alberta, chief political correspondent for Politico Magazine, describes Pence as mutating from one of "the most intellectually sovereign voices in all of Washington” to a No. 2 so servile that “some of his longtime friends were left to wonder (only half-jokingly) whether the president had blackmail on him.” Capitol Hill Republicans dubbed him “the Bobblehead” for his bootlicking and solemn nodding routine whenever Trump talked.

Quote:
Pence’s reward for his “deal with the devil”? Alberta credits him with pulling the levers in the early months of the administration, including figuring prominently in the nomination of Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch, convincing Trump to take specific actions against abortion and for “religious liberty,” and stocking federal agencies with longtime allies and kindred spirits.

Quote:
Pence’s bigger test was, of course, the release during the campaign of the Access Hollywood recording in which Trump had bragged about grabbing women’s genitals.

Pence’s wife, Karen, threatened to no longer appear in public if her husband stayed on the ticket, Alberta wrote.

Quote:
Pence convinced himself that Trump had changed since the 2005 recording, was genuinely contrite and had become a follower of Christ. But Alberta didn’t buy it.

“This is when the BS dictator starts to beep,” he wrote. “Nobody who has spent time with Trump has ever walked away believing him to be a Christian.”

Quote:
Pence, for his part, became “cunningly effective” in stealthily making his mark. While loyalists expected to get jobs in Pence’s immediate orbit, for example, Pence wanted them sprinkled throughout the executive branch so he could have “eyes and ears across the government.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/07/26/mike-pence-described-book-trumps-bootlicking-bobblehead/1807495001/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
toad455

PostPosted: 07/26/19 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's a no brainer that Pence is calling the shots. All you need to do is listen to Trump speak to know he's got no clue what he's doing.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/26/19 9:35 am    ::: Re: Mike Pence - Trumps "Bootlicking Bobblehead" Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Quote:
“This is when the BS dictator starts to beep,” he wrote.”

Is this one of those times when the typo is better than the intended version?

PostPosted: 07/26/19 9:58 am    ::: Re: Mike Pence - Trumps "Bootlicking Bobblehead" Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Quote:
“This is when the BS dictator starts to beep,” he wrote.”

Is this one of those times when the typo is better than the intended version?

I hadn't noticed that. Laughing

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 07/26/19 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
It's a no brainer that Pence is calling the shots.

If this statement is correct then this is me.

PostPosted: 07/29/19 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My layman's perspective tells me that Mike Pence was The Man for the job based on his appeal to the Christian Right Folks--they could overlook Trump's faux pas and trust Mike would make it right somehow to compensate.

What I don't get is how Mike--apparently a man of devoutly-held Christian convictions--justifies his personal belief system with the milieu within which he must operate. Maybe he sees himself as "God's Eyes and Ears" to keep things righteous. This just points to either a most egregious insincerity OR plain insanity.

PostPosted: 09/07/19 8:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another book coming out about Pence. This one if from an Indy Star reporter that covered Pence while he was gov.

Don't get me started on his bitch wife!!!

Quote:
Karen Pence had twice rebuffed her husband’s celebratory kiss on election night before exploding, during a briefing the next day with Secret Service agents, over concerns about how the financially-strapped couple would pay for their new life.

“What are we going to do Mike?? We don’t have any money! Who’s going to pay for my inaugural gown??” LoBianco quotes Karen Pence as saying.

Quote:
Still, he concludes that Pence is in the White House, serving someone like Trump, because “in the end, ambition and the hunger for power outweighed anything else.”

Quote:
Before Indiana’s decisive presidential primary in May 2016, former President George W. Bush had asked Pence, through intermediaries, to save the Republican Party by stopping Trump from getting the nomination, according to the book.

Describing Pence’s lukewarm endorsement of Ted Cruz that also included praise for Trump, LoBianco quotes an unnamed Cruz aide saying that Pence doesn’t make his own decisions but is manipulated by staff. An anonymous Trump adviser said Pence lacks confidence.

Go ahead, sell your soul Karen!

Quote:
He describes Karen Pence as initially livid after the release of the recording. But then she tells top aide Marty Obst that the couple had always known there would be times that Trump said and did things that they would never do. That doesn’t change the mission, she added.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: