Wilson & McBride are M.I.A. tonight.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
pilight

PostPosted: 07/19/19 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wilson is in the lockerroom having her ankle looked at

PostPosted: 07/19/19 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Wilson's injured and McBride's been Clarked.

PostPosted: 07/19/19 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Wilson's injured and McBride's been Clarked.

Laughing Perfectly phrased

PostPosted: 07/19/19 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2+ minutes without either team scoring.

toad455

PostPosted: 07/19/19 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

03:21
Storm
[SEA] Canada Jump Shot: Missed
03:46
Aces
[LVA] Young Jump Shot: Missed Block: Russell (2 BLK)
03:52
Storm
[SEA] Canada 3pt Shot: Missed
04:18
Aces
[LVA] Hamby Jump Shot: Missed Block: Howard (5 BLK)
04:22
Aces
[LVA] Cambage Jump Shot: Missed
04:27
Storm
[SEA] Russell Tip Layup Shot: Missed
04:32
Storm
[SEA] Canada Jump Shot: Missed
04:42
Storm
[SEA] Canada 3pt Shot: Missed
05:24
Storm
[SEA] Howard Jump Shot: Missed
05:45
Aces
[LVA] Cambage Turnaround Jump Shot: Missed Block: Howard (4 BLK)
05:58
Storm
[SEA] Langhorne 3pt Shot: Missed

myrtle

PostPosted: 07/19/19 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
myrtle wrote:
I know her numbers don't look bad - at least the A/TO part, but J. Young still does not look like a competent PG. I think she was really good in her role at ND, so why not use her that way? It seemed like what she was good at in college was driving and getting to the line. I don't think she sees the floor particularly well, and she certainly can't shoot. It seems like they need more than one shooter out there in order to take the heat off Wilson and Cambage. I still think J. Young just looks like a younger version of T. Young, except she still needs to develop better defense.

I’m just guessing, but I don’t think Laimbeer is a fan of an “official” point and two guard. He seems to like position-less ball at those two spots and whoever can handle the ball and somewhat pass to teammates he’ll use at those two spots.

I understand that may be what he would ideally like...but at some point you would think he would notice what actually works with the personnel he has, rather than trying to stick a round peg into a square hole. Against weak teams he can screw around, but against real teams IMO he needs to play some real ball handlers and real shooters. Athleticism is great, but you need some skill as well.

- Amanda Gorman
zune69

PostPosted: 07/19/19 10:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The officiating is just terrible. They're allowing all contact and not calling any fouls. It makes for a poorly played basketball game.

bballgrl

PostPosted: 07/19/19 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wish they would say something about A'ja! Maybe the refs should call fouls on both teams!

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/19/19 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Personal foul tallies: Storm 16, Aces 14

PostPosted: 07/20/19 4:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howard is back in the mvp race and Clark needs to be on the all defensive team this year. She should be a lock IMO. Should of been on it last year

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
zune69

PostPosted: 07/20/19 7:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Howard is back in the mvp race and Clark needs to be on the all defensive team this year. She should be a lock IMO. Should of been on it last year

+1

Was just about to say all of this.

toad455

PostPosted: 07/20/19 9:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

it's still hard to believe that without Stewart, Bird & now Loyd that the Storm are still possible title contenders this season. Definitely the surprise team of the season. Then we look at the Storm in 2020 added back Stewart & Bird, plus Ezi Magbegor & a 2020 first rounder. Can we name them the frontrunner in 2020?

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 07/20/19 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
it's still hard to believe that without Stewart, Bird & now Loyd that the Storm are still possible title contenders this season. Definitely the surprise team of the season. Then we look at the Storm in 2020 added back Stewart & Bird, plus Ezi Magbegor & a 2020 first rounder. Can we name them the frontrunner in 2020?

No matter what happens this year 2020 is going to be a great season for the Storm and us fans.

PostPosted: 07/20/19 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

I wouldn't count on adding Bird back as a major improvement. She will be 39 coming off of a major injury. I hate to say it, but there isn't a good track record with athletes fitting that description.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/20/19 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eUNXj4mAVfM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NUGZPflk59k" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9iSc5XsLjT4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think McBride consistently gives the best interviews. Seems to have the best handle on what’s going on with the team.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 07/22/19 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 07/20/19 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
it's still hard to believe that without Stewart, Bird & now Loyd that the Storm are still possible title contenders this season. Definitely the surprise team of the season.

Not a surprise to me. Razz The Storm still have their best player and biggest superstar in Howard and whatever team Howard (player who is better and a bigger winner than any player in Lynx history) is on always makes the Finals, until proven otherwise.

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 07/20/19 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
toad455 wrote:

I wouldn't count on adding Bird back as a major improvement. She will be 39 coming off of a major injury. I hate to say it, but there isn't a good track record with athletes fitting that description.

That is what people kept on saying the past few years and yet she has proved them wrong.

PostPosted: 07/20/19 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force10rulz wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
toad455 wrote:

That is what people kept on saying the past few years and yet she has proved them wrong.

I hope I'm wrong.

PicknLOL

PostPosted: 07/20/19 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

I wouldn't discount her like that, but she should heal faster and get to play already, otherwise there wouldn't be much time for her to get acclimatised back to the game before the season is over. And I don't think it would come to how good Bird will be playing out of her injury, but to how much Canada would have improved by then. She was an absolutely sloppy point guard in the first game of the season, and has quickly turned into a indispensable one. I don't know what it will be like for her, after having her crash course in being a replacement for Bird, to have Sue Bird come from the bench as her substitution for a few games. Laughing

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 07/20/19 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force10rulz wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Sue Bird has been coming off of a major injury for the past few years?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Force10rulz

PostPosted: 07/21/19 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
toad455 wrote:

I hope I'm wrong.

Me too, tho I do think next season will be her last.

PostPosted: 07/21/19 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Yes and she had career years in assists and shooting % after those injuries. Dont count her out.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 07/22/19 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Yes and she had career years in assists and shooting % after those injuries. Dont count her out.

Was she about to be thirty-nine then, too?

Also, you and I may not be defining "major" injury the same way: for the purposes of this conversation, her perpetually broken nose doesn't count. She's only missed more than seven games in a season once, and that will have been seven years in the past, by the next time she plays in a WNBA game. Bouncing back at 32 is not the same as bouncing back at 39.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
so-many-pickles

PostPosted: 07/23/19 1:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Was she about to be thirty-nine then, too?

Also, you and I may not be defining "major" injury the same way: for the purposes of this conversation, her perpetually broken nose doesn't count. She's only missed more than seven games in a season once, and that will have been seven years in the past, by the next time she plays in a WNBA game. Bouncing back at 32 is not the same as bouncing back at 39.

She had surgery on the same knee two years ago.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: