RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Phoenix Mercury 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 07/03/19 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Camille Little prepares for life off the court. And the 2019 season will be her last basketball player.

https://highposthoops.com/2019/07/02/camille-little-prepares-for-life-off-the-court-retirement/

miller40

PostPosted: 07/15/19 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
“We were supposed to play our whole careers together,” Taurasi, 37, said. “And it was Penny, Cappie and myself, and that’s what it was going to be.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/15/sports/basketball/cappie-pondexter-wnba-retired.html

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/15/19 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
Quote:
“We were supposed to play our whole careers together,” Taurasi, 37, said. “And it was Penny, Cappie and myself, and that’s what it was going to be.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/15/sports/basketball/cappie-pondexter-wnba-retired.html

Quote:
The next season, the Mercury’s Penny Taylor, who is now married to Taurasi, fouled Pondexter hard, triggering an altercation between the three women.

Question Question Question That ain't quite how I remember it.

PostPosted: 07/15/19 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
miller40 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
The next season, the Mercury’s Penny Taylor, who is now married to Taurasi, fouled Pondexter hard, triggering an altercation between the three women.

Megdal strikes again? Wink

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/15/19 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
miller40 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Megdal strikes again? Wink

NYT = Fake News. Trump was right! Shocked

Razz

PostPosted: 07/15/19 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And in hilarious Megdal style, the story even embeds a link to the video of Cappie smashing Taylor across the head with the hard foul that actually triggered everything.

PostPosted: 07/15/19 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even the newspaper likes to call Penny for fouls she didn’t commit.

PostPosted: 07/16/19 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lyttle out 4-6 weeks for bone bruise.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 07/16/19 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Lyttle out 4-6 weeks for bone bruise.

For Sancho, add at least a month. She had a 4-6 week thing in Atlanta once. 12 weeks later the season ended with her still out.

PostPosted: 07/16/19 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At least for Phoenix, they can rebuild in 2020. Who's worth tanking for in the 2021 draft?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 07/16/19 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
At least for Phoenix, they can rebuild in 2020. Who's worth tanking for in the 2021 draft?

Lyttle hasn’t been much of a factor this year anyway. There’s no need to give up on the season based on this news. Taurasi isn’t even up to speed yet.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 07/16/19 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Lyttle hasn’t been much of a factor this year anyway. There’s no need to give up on the season based on this news. Taurasi isn’t even up to speed yet.

Yeah, if Taurasi can get back, it’s a really good year for the Merc to try and make a run.

Lyttle..like I said before..keep her in bubble wrap until the playoffs.

PostPosted: 07/17/19 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 07/18/19 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Next woman up: Camille Little shines off the bench as Phoenix Mercury win, 69-64
Brendon Kleen (High Post Hoops)

Quote:
“A lot of things go unnoticed but a lot of things do get noticed,” Griner said of Little’s game. “All the bumping, and moving and being physical that she does for us, going to the boards, making plays.”

All that takes a toll on Little, but it’s the role she came back to Phoenix to play. Little recently announced this would be her final season in the WNBA at age 34, and her body responded with requisite soreness and aching, as if to tell her she made the right call.

https://highposthoops.com/2019/07/18/next-woman-camille-little-shines-off-bench-phoenix-mercury-win-69-64/

Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/18/19 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shockingly enough under Brondello, the 'next woman up' happened to be the 34-year old on the brink of retirement, rather than either of the two rookies sitting on the bench who play the same position...

PostPosted: 07/18/19 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Shockingly enough under Brondello, the 'next woman up' happened to be the 34-year old on the brink of retirement, rather than either of the two rookies sitting on the bench who play the same position...

At times, Sandy Brondello has been the Tom Thibideau of the WNBA when it comes to playing rookies.

Perhaps that will change with Diana Taurasi's return, as Brondello may feel more comfortable with a rookie on the court as long as the GOAT is with her. Still, I expected to see Alanna Smith play quite a bit more than she has.

miller40

PostPosted: 07/18/19 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

At times, Sandy Brondello has been the Tom Thibideau of the WNBA when it comes to playing rookies.

Perhaps that will change with Diana Taurasi's return, as Brondello may feel more comfortable with a rookie on the court as long as the GOAT is with her. Still, I expected to see Alanna Smith play quite a bit more than she has.

Taurasi’s presence has never changed resulted in a Brondello-led youth movement in the past, so... 🤷‍♀️

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 07/18/19 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Taurasi’s presence has never changed resulted in a Brondello-led youth movement in the past, so... 🤷‍♀️

Except given the injury to Lyttle and the age of Little, she may opt to give a little rest to Bonner (who played the four last year, during the Mercury's big run) and throw Smith out there.

The other difference with Alanna Smith? Unlike other rookies/first year players, Smith played for Brondello as part of the Opals.

myrtle

PostPosted: 07/18/19 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She hasn't been playing Smith much even with all the injuries, so why would she suddenly start?

- Amanda Gorman
toad455

PostPosted: 07/18/19 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wonder what Brondello will do next season at the PF spot? And she still needs a real back-up to Griner because her experiment of B. Turner there hasn't really worked out. They'll have cap space with Little & Lyttle gone, so I wonder what FA she might target.

sportsfan48

PostPosted: 07/18/19 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sandy has started Bonner at the 4 almost every game this season. She has moved to the 3 when Sancho or Little or Smith have come it and Bonner has stayed in the game. I think Sancho started a game or two but it has been Bonner for most of the season.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/19/19 5:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Wonder what Brondello will do next season at the PF spot? And she still needs a real back-up to Griner because her experiment of B. Turner there hasn't really worked out. They'll have cap space with Little & Lyttle gone, so I wonder what FA she might target.

How about Tina Charles, who at her age might consider chasing a championship. According to Root, she can’t be cored anymore.

root_thing

PostPosted: 07/19/19 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

How about Tina Charles, who at her age might consider chasing a championship. According to Root, she can’t be cored anymore.

It might be true, and someone might have said it, but it wasn't me.

PostPosted: 07/19/19 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I musta misunderstood. I did a quick search and it seems to me Charles has only been cored twice. Pilight, you keeping core logs?

But we do all know for sure that Dewanna Bonner can no longer be cored.

Reeve, if you have any Dewanna Bonner posters stashed away, I need you to put them on the wall.

toad455

PostPosted: 07/23/19 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carson to be out 6-8 weeks. Have to imagine if Taurasi is going to be out for a few more weeks, they'll ask for a hardship exemption. Maybe they bring back Arica Carter?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: