RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Old Tweet From J. Cole Resurfaces

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 07/12/19 8:32 pm    ::: Old Tweet From J. Cole Resurfaces Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 07/12/19 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shout out to everybody that tries to give J. Cole's music a chance, but can't make it past a full minute.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/12/19 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
Shout out to everybody that tries to give J. Cole's music a chance, but can't make it past a full minute.

Laughing

I've got nearly all of his mixtapes & albums mostly illegally ... everyone seems to love him and his music, and I want to like it, but it just doesn't move me. I guess what I'm doing wrong is failing to find his fanbase and tell them my irrelevant opinion.

PostPosted: 07/12/19 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Resurfaced" how? And why did he even feel the need to offer his unsolicited opinion, in the first place?

Can't say as though I'm a fan of his music, in particular. "She Knows" slaps, though.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/12/19 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know what a "J Cole" is.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 07/13/19 12:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

(Cough) threatened manhood (cough).

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 07/13/19 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Umm...who?
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/13/19 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
Umm...who?

You probably wouldn't know him unless you're into music Wink
Probably helps if you are American too, as that's where he has been most successful. Has released 5 albums, and all of them went #1 on the Billboard 200 album chart.

PostPosted: 07/13/19 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Youth Coach wrote:
Umm...who?

You probably wouldn't know him unless you're into music Wink
Probably helps if you are American too, as that's where he has been most successful. Has released 5 albums, and all of them went #1 on the Billboard 200 album chart.

Ahhhh...so stuff that masquerades as music which means it isn't rock or metal or anything coming close to being worth listening to.

Oh, and as you can see by my signature, I am into music and write about it for two different websites. American as well.
hyperetic

PostPosted: 07/16/19 3:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Everybody has their preferences. In his musical genre, he is considered one of the best. I personally do like his music. "Middle Child" is a particular favorite. I don't agree with his assessment of the W. But to be fair, he gave it a shot (most likely not a fair shot, but a shot) and couldn't get past a full quarter. Everybody has a right to their opinion even if its wrong. Its our right to disagree with him whether we are right or wrong.
Genero36

PostPosted: 07/16/19 8:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
Everybody has their preferences. In his musical genre, he is considered one of the best. I personally do like his music. "Middle Child" is a particular favorite. I don't agree with his assessment of the W. But to be fair, he gave it a shot (most likely not a fair shot, but a shot) and couldn't get past a full quarter. Everybody has a right to their opinion even if its wrong. Its our right to disagree with him whether we are right or wrong.

Agree with all of this. The only rappers from this generation I listen to are J. Cole, Kendrick and Rhapsody and a few others.

My playlists are loaded with my all-time top five favorites (Rakim, Nas, MC Lyte, Black Thought and Ghostface Killah), in addition to Wu-Tang, Raekwon (solo), Redman, MOP, Busta Rhymes, Mobb Deep, A Tribe Called Quest, Public Enemy, Latifah first few albums, Jadakiss, B.I.G., LL Cool J (80's/90's), Jean Grae, Talib Kweli, Big Daddy Kane and others from the golden era of rap (mid-80's to early 90's).

But back to the topic. I agree that's his opinion but I wonder what was the motivation behind letting everyone know that he can't support the league. Did the league need that sentiment trending?

PostPosted: 07/16/19 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

But J. Cole's tweet was back in September 2009. So, what does he feel about the WNBA now?

PostPosted: 07/16/19 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
My playlists are loaded with my all-time top five favorites (Rakim, Nas, MC Lyte, Black Thought and Ghostface Killah), in addition to Wu-Tang, Raekwon (solo), Redman, MOP, Busta Rhymes, Mobb Deep, A Tribe Called Quest, Public Enemy, Latifah first few albums, Jadakiss, B.I.G., LL Cool J (80's/90's), Jean Grae, Talib Kweli, Big Daddy Kane and others from the golden era of rap (mid-80's to early 90's).

Had "Cold Rock a Party" on this morning while I was getting ready for work, as my morning jam.

Was literally texting one of my friends about Brooklyn honoring Big Daddy Kane. Made sure to say, "He works. He gets the job done."

Genero36

PostPosted: 07/16/19 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Had "Cold Rock a Party" on this morning while I was getting ready for work, as my morning jam.

Was literally texting one of my friends about Brooklyn honoring Big Daddy Kane. Made sure to say, "He works. He gets the job done."

<embed><iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iSzxzCKyvEk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSzxzCKyvEk

PostPosted: 07/16/19 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
Big Daddy Kane and others from the golden era of rap (mid-80's to early 90's)

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

<embed><iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eMAST0hMitw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMAST0hMitw

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: