RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Seattle Storm 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 07/13/19 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I noticed it early this morning, but didn’t feel comfortable about posting about it here just in case things washed over. Howard’s wife seems to waffle over how she feels about her. It does seem like a very toxic relationship, but that’s for them to work out, hopefully peacefully.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
justintyme

PostPosted: 07/13/19 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I noticed it early this morning, but didn’t feel comfortable about posting about it here just in case things washed over. Howard’s wife seems to waffle over how she feels about her. It does seem like a very toxic relationship, but that’s for them to work out, hopefully peacefully.

Abuse is abuse, no matter how someone feels about it. Most of the survivors I have volunteered with over the years have had extremely complicated and conflicted feelings about their abusers and their relationships. And almost every single one of them has a "false start" (or two or three) when it comes to leaving their relationship or getting help.

The posting of the video and the text messages in a public forum like this, something that can't be walked back, is a huge deal, and is usually done out of desperation on the part of the survivor when they recognize that they cannot trust their own emotions anymore because of the manipulation and gaslighting that they have been subjected to for years. And here the videos and text messages depict something way beyond "toxic".

PostPosted: 07/15/19 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Magbegor is checking out her WNBA team. I wonder if there’s still a way to sign her in light of possible complications from the Howard situation? I’m assuming her Australian league is done now.

zune69

PostPosted: 07/15/19 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Offer Paris a 25% buyout...Supplement Paris' buyout by giving her a job in the organization...Sign another post player.

I doubt the WNBA would do anything about it.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/15/19 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Offer Paris a 25% buyout...Supplement Paris' buyout by giving her a job in the organization...Sign another post player.

The player's association might

PostPosted: 07/15/19 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It would help Magbegor long term to play this season. I'm sure they can dump Paris at some point and still afford Ezi on a bunch of 7-day contracts. Or whatever works under the CBA and the salary cap.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/15/19 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Given that they drafted her, they obviously can't sign Magbegor to a series of 7-days. If and when she plays it'll be on the typical rookie-scale contract (a contract she already signed, if you believe WNBA.com's Transactions page). They probably suspended her for the season (just without telling anyone) to get her off the cap calculations, so playing her this year wouldn't be an option.

PostPosted: 07/15/19 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
zune69 wrote:

The player's association might

The player's association has enough to worry about (Sims,Williams,Howard)

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/19/19 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whitcomb making her mark with the Storm behind the arc
Quote:
All-Star starters Natasha Howard and Jewell Loyd have lead the Seattle Storm in the first half of the season. Furthermore, Howard is the reigning WNBA Player of the Month, a two-time WNBA Player of the Week and an early favorite for the league’s MVP. While Howard and Loyd get the spotlight, third-year* Sami Whitcomb deserves attention for her contributions to the Storm.

https://winsidr.com/2019/07/19/whitcomb-making-her-mark-with-the-storm-behind-the-arc/

PostPosted: 07/20/19 5:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sami has been fantastic in the absence of Loyd. She really opens up the floor for Howard and Russel. You cant leave her or Clark (best 3point% in the league) open on the wing or in the fastbreak. I love her pick&roll action with Howard. She makes some really nice passes. She should be playing 20-25 minutes every game starting or not. Doesnt matter

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
toad455

PostPosted: 07/20/19 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just thinking ahead for the Storm and how dangerous they'll be in 2020. paris & Langhorne are gonners and Zellous is just a one year filler, so here's what the Storm may look like next season.

PG: Bird/Canada
SG: Loyd/Whitcomb
SF: Clark/KML
PF: Stewart/Magbegor
C: Howard/Russell
+1 their 1st round pick in 2020. Maybe Zellous sticks around for one more season?

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 07/20/19 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I just thinking ahead for the Storm and how dangerous they'll be in 2020.

I don't like being reminded how the only point of Reeve trading Elite MVP Superstar Howard (and for basically nothing, instead of something) was to make sure the Storm become a dynasty (if not the greatest dynasty in WNBA history) and make sure the Lynx never win a 5th title, if even ever make it back to the Finals. Cool

so-many-pickles

PostPosted: 07/30/19 1:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hope this means what I think it means.

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EAs-ZslUIAIgDtK?format=png&name=900x900[/img]

sithinfiltrator

PostPosted: 07/30/19 4:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so-many-pickles wrote:
Hope this means what I think it means.

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EAs-ZslUIAIgDtK?format=png&name=900x900[/img]

I'd be happy if she is at least practicing.

-Lisa

PostPosted: 09/03/19 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sue Bird has been officially declared out for the remainder of the season

PostPosted: 09/03/19 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

The second worst kept secret in the league. The worst kept secret is Stewie's job as an "Ambassador".

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/03/19 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:

The second worst kept secret in the league. The worst kept secret is Stewie's job as an "Ambassador".

LMAO & we have heard next to nothing about what exactly Stewie's "ambassing" and to whom since it was announced. All of that along with the Howard situation easily makes this the most controversial season the Storm has had Embarassed

RHW

PostPosted: 09/07/19 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://winsidr.com/2019/09/07/the-definition-of-valuable-natasha-howard-should-win-mvp/

The definition of valuable: Natasha Howard should win MVP

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/07/19 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

but she will miraculously rise again next year to take away an Olympic spot from a younger player.... I've loved watching Birdie but really it's time to pass it on.

- Amanda Gorman
Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/07/19 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
pilight wrote:

but she will miraculously rise again next year to take away an Olympic spot from a younger player.... I've loved watching Birdie but really it's time to pass it on.

I’m not a fan of any one player’s spot being guaranteed. It really should be who the best group of 12 is, and everyone goes out there and just competes. Bird & others like Taurasi should only get a spot if they earn it with their play.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/08/19 12:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
pilight wrote:

Good thing she was there for the last major international tournament. The players who actually showed up and were picked as her backups were awful and repeatedly benched.

PostPosted: 09/08/19 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
myrtle wrote:
pilight wrote:

Good thing she was there for the last major international tournament. The players who actually showed up and were picked as her backups were awful and repeatedly benched.

Yeah if Gray doesnt bother to show up again Rolling Eyes Sloot is not team usa, diggins hasnt played a single minute. Who should be getting a chance? If Bird outplays mostof the other guards again next season and maybe even leads seattle to another championship then what

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 09/08/19 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
myrtle wrote:
pilight wrote:

Yeah if Gray doesnt bother to show up again Rolling Eyes Sloot is not team usa, diggins hasnt played a single minute. Who should be getting a chance? If Bird outplays most of the other guards again next season and maybe even leads seattle to another championship then what

Bird is out for this season. She won’t be able to win another championship with her on the court before the Olympics.

There’s a Team USA thread somewhere. Before the season, people were somewhat open to the ideal of both Taurasi & Bird being on the team. Now I’m not so sure, since they both had disappointing seasons affected by injury. They’re showing signs of being in their late-30’s.

But that college tour they set up for themselves would make it seem that they’ve already been anointed.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/09/19 7:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You know what i mean Rolling Eyes

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/09/19 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well folks, it’s safe to say we can close the book on Howard getting punished here in 2019 for things she did to her ex-gf. They wouldn’t have the cajónes to suspend her during the playoffs. It’s not happening, and it probably won’t ever get publicly addressed again, even though that’s the least it deserves. No, at this point, all has been swept under the rug Mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: