Sparks
50%
 50%  [ 7 ]
Fever
50%
 50%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 14

Shades

PostPosted: 07/10/19 4:58 pm    ::: Sparks @ Fever - 7/12/19 Reply Reply with quote

Indianapolis, IN - 7:00 PM ET
TV: Fox Sports Indiana

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/

Stream:
http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=2e58502e-54b9-46fb-8d94-581e4376ad37

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20190712/LASIND/

ESPN Gamecast:
http://www.espn.com/wnba/game?gameId=401105002

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 07/12/19 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
toad455

PostPosted: 07/12/19 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Think I'll change my vote to the Fever. Sparks with only 9 tonight with Parker, Vadeeva and Jones all out.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/12/19 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Think I'll change my vote to the Fever. Sparks with only 9 tonight with Parker, Vadeeva and Jones all out.

It's hard to predict in advance when it's going to happen, but quite often being down on personnel just gets everyone else fully focussed.

Hope The Closer is ok

PostPosted: 07/12/19 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
toad455 wrote:

It's hard to predict in advance when it's going to happen, but quite often being down on personnel just gets everyone else fully focussed.

Hope The Closer is ok

I couldn't tell if it was a knee or if she just got the wind knocked out of her.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/12/19 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Hope The Closer is ok

I couldn't tell if it was a knee or if she just got the wind knocked out of her.

After seeing the replay I'm pretty sure she was just winded.

PostPosted: 07/13/19 1:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Hope The Closer is ok

After seeing the replay I'm pretty sure she was just winded.
Finally watched the game. It was a knee, but not her's. It was the opponents knee in Chelsea's solar plexus. Chelsea is about as tough taking hits as the come, but anybody, who has not specifically buit up that area, goes down taking a shot to the solar plexus. Thats one of the spots to hit if you want to take someone out.

PostPosted: 07/13/19 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There is a reason, of course, that Achonwa starts ahead of McCowan -- but I'm not sure what it is. Team defense, maybe? Anyone watch Indiana enough to have some insight?

PostPosted: 07/13/19 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Achonwa is much better offensively, but the real problem is that the two are not on the court enough together. Achonwa is clearly the best 4 on the Fever's roster.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/13/19 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RP wrote:
Achonwa is much better offensively, but the real problem is that the two are not on the court enough together. Achonwa is clearly the best 4 on the Fever's roster.

Like last year, the Fever need to worry not about winning games but about developing the team. With Achonwa, you know what you get. It's fine, but it's not getting any better. With McCowen, you don't know what you get. It's inconsistent now, but has a chance to be much better in the long run. This is the time to work out the kinks.

Same with Kelsey Mitchell last year. Finally playing her consistently this year is showing she isn't a player to build around. Better to know that now than to figure it out in a couple more years.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/13/19 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
There is a reason, of course, that Achonwa starts ahead of McCowan -- but I'm not sure what it is. Team defense, maybe? Anyone watch Indiana enough to have some insight?

Now that Pokey has seen McCowan can hold her own even as a rookie center, she might be playing defensive matchups. She had McCowan starting against the Aces in their last game. Achonwa would be pretty much at Cambage’s mercy with the size differential.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: