RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2020 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 07/11/19 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shoot forgot trades I could see Dallas take Harris but I don't see Cooper in Conn.

Yeah I think LA and PX improve a lot in the 2nd half of the season. But tbh Minn could too And LA and PX could stay middle of the road.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/20/19 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XAiDqeCVJvg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
LibFan25

PostPosted: 07/20/19 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the Liberty get a player like Carter next year (if she comes out) then its time to cut ties with Tina Charles. It just won't work with a ball dominating guard who shoots first.

Exciting player but I rather get Miss Sabrina or Miss Lauren

I really like her teammate Kayla Wells on Texas A&M very telanted wing can stretch the floor, long and athletic too

root_thing

PostPosted: 07/20/19 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not necessarily a big Chennedy Carter fan, and I would certainly take Ionesco and Cox first. However, I think fans are going overboard in assuming Carter would definitely be a gunner at the next level. Her shots per game last season were slightly less than what Plum took as a senior. Plum has not been a chucker as a pro. Furthermore, folks are assuming a rookie will come in and do what she likes, ignoring people with the stature of Katie Smith, Tina Charles, and Tanisha Wright (assuming she's here in some capacity). I don't think that will happen, and if it does Carter will get benched until she sees the light. I would also point out that Chennedy has been on three Team USA squads. USA Basketball has never been shy about leaving people off their team at any level. There are plenty of other good young players available, so I don't think they would put Carter on three teams if they thought she was a disruptive influence.

I'd prefer a more well-rounded player than Carter. However, New York would be foolish to not take her if she is the best player available, especially since Chennedy fits a positional need. As far as NY's post-dominated offense goes, I'd be happy to see it replaced. With effective outside shooters in Nurse, Durr, Johannes, and a new PG (if we get one), plus Tina's declining accuracy, there's no need to run that limited, predictable offense. I think it's the reason NY keeps getting blown out and has lost every rematch game this season except for one. And that particular win against LA falls into the fluke category owing to an outlier performance by Zahui (7-8 3pt shooting, 37 points).

And the crowd that has come
You give them the colors
And the bells and wind and the dream
PickledGinger

PostPosted: 07/20/19 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My gut instinct has told me that Sabrina will end up in NY for a while, and I hope so. The market is huge and the Liberty need to be contenders for the good of the league as a whole. I also think out of the 4 teams currently out of the playoffs, it’s the best fit.

Also would be nice to see Cox land in Dallas to build a core with SDS and Arike. Kaila Charles to ATL to be mentored by Angel, Alarie or Mompremier to IND. That’s how I see it right now, but none of those things will happen.

toad455

PostPosted: 07/20/19 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The odds are in New York's favor to land the #1 pick followed by Indiana. Indiana is a team that would benefit by taking Cox over Ionescu. Same with Dallas. So unless Atlanta gets the #1 pick, I still see New York getting Ionescu.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 07/20/19 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am all in on Ionescu in NY but

if we land out of the top 2 or even slip into the playoffs I am getting more interested in Mompremier, NY desperately needs another star post, not saying she is one but Mompremier might be? If were at 5 or 6 would be fine with Charles or Martin (I still think Joyner Holmes kills it this season and vaults up the board but she overlaps with Tina too much at PF, while Mompremier is a true center, I like Hebard also but like Anigwe she will be more of a pf size at the next level).

root_thing

PostPosted: 07/21/19 12:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not sure if any of those draft-eligible players are true centers at the WNBA level. Of course, it depends on how the team wants to play. If you want to be more of an athletic and/or skills team that goes smaller, then maybe. Anyway, this is how USA Basketball lists the "bigs":

Lauren Cox, Forward, 6-4, 185
Beatrice Mompremier, Forward, 6-4. 180
Ruthy Hebard, Forward-Center, 6-4, 170
Joyner Holmes, Guard-Forward, 6-3, 195
Bella Alarie, Guard-Forward, 6-5, 165

And the crowd that has come
You give them the colors
And the bells and wind and the dream
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 07/21/19 1:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought Mompremier was another 6' 6" post oh well

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: