RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Chicago Sky 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 20369



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/16/19 7:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sky fans, you should be enjoying this right now as you sit in second place currently.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 3467
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/16/19 7:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Sky fans, you should be enjoying this right now as you sit in second place currently.

I made a comment about this in the Sky versus Fever game thread. Wink



_________________
Sky Nation! We are in this together!
Shmermerer1



Joined: 04 Aug 2014
Posts: 266



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/19 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Vandersloot and Quigley going back overseas for Euro basketball?


Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 19747



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/19 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shmermerer1 wrote:
Is Vandersloot and Quigley going back overseas for Euro basketball?


A complete rundown of who is headed to Eurobasket
https://highposthoops.com/2019/06/18/wnba-eurobasket-part-1-zahui-b-meesseman-agler-johnson/


Shmermerer1



Joined: 04 Aug 2014
Posts: 266



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/19 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Shmermerer1 wrote:
Is Vandersloot and Quigley going back overseas for Euro basketball?


A complete rundown of who is headed to Eurobasket
https://highposthoops.com/2019/06/18/wnba-eurobasket-part-1-zahui-b-meesseman-agler-johnson/


Thank you!


GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 5734
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/22/19 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Katie Lou Samuelson remains upbeat despite broken wrist

Quote:
The fourth overall pick of this year’s draft suffered a broken right wrist while trying to brace her fall during a victory over the Seattle Storm on June 9.

Samuelson, who fought through numerous injuries at UConn, expects to be in a hard cast for another two weeks. Prior to getting hurt, she was averaging 2.3 points and 1.7 rebounds across 13.3 minutes off the bench.

“I thought I felt something when I first fell,” Samuelson said. “It was such a freak thing. I was just trying to play it off, and then it turned out to be broken. It’s something that shouldn’t bother me once it’s healed.”
Admiral_Needa



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 9918
Location: Tiburon, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/22/19 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Katie Lou Samuelson remains upbeat despite broken wrist




It's a broken wrist?!? Shocked

All this time I thought it was just a minor 'hand' injury... Exclamation

Next thing you know, Achonwa's calf is going to turn into an achilles... Confused

Get better soon!



_________________
2002 WNBA Virtual GM Overall Winner
2006 WNBA Triple Threat Overall Winner
2007 NBA ESPN Fast Break Overall Winner
stever



Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 6753
Location: Ann Arbor


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/19 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PQXnJkdgIIE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>



_________________
Women's Basketball Daily
Celebrating the Women's Game Since 2005
WBBDaily Mobile Edition
Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 3467
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/19 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PQXnJkdgIIE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Since she an MVP now she can replace Dolson for the starting center position. Very Happy



_________________
Sky Nation! We are in this together!
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7784



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/19 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ndour has All-Star talent. She just needs to be given an opportunity.

Multiple teams are going to offer Ndour and Copper max contracts during the offseason. Chicago must match.


AFO



Joined: 19 Dec 2017
Posts: 19



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/19 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Really?


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52612



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/19 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AFO wrote:
Really?


No.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7784



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/19 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AFO wrote:
Really?


Definitely

A legit 6'5 Stretch 4 with great length who can post up and knock down the 3 at a 35% clip. Good passer and defender. Can get up and down the court in transition.

Mark my words...Some team is going to sign Ndour to a max contract and she's going to have a breakout season. i said the same thing about Howard, and look at how that turned out?... Ndour has too much talent not to be playing 18-24 mpg. unfortunately for Ndour, she is playing behind veteran players that are making near max. She also feel victim to the Gabby williams PF experiment last season.


Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 3467
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/19 2:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AFO is probably saying let's pump the brakes on the max salary talk for the Sky two bench players. They will be offered better salaries than their current ones but to go all the way up the max? They will definitely be overpaid if they get those offers from other teams. Smile
Chicago already have a few overpaid players on the roster. Max salaries should be reserved for players that can produce on both ends of the floor at the highest level. Cool



_________________
Sky Nation! We are in this together!
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7784



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/19 4:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
AFO is probably saying let's pump the brakes on the max salary talk for the Sky two bench players. They will be offered better salaries than their current ones but to go all the way up the max? They will definitely be overpaid if they get those offers from other teams. Smile
Chicago already have a few overpaid players on the roster. Max salaries should be reserved for players that can produce on both ends of the floor at the highest level. Cool


I was just looking at the team payroll, and I agree with you. Chicago's in no position to offer both players big contracts. They'll be lucky to just re-sign one of them. Chicago has too many slighty better than average players making near max money. This is going to be a very critical offseason for the Sky. I think Dolson, and maybe even Quigley should take pay cuts, both are free agents.


Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 3467
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/19 7:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
AFO is probably saying let's pump the brakes on the max salary talk for the Sky two bench players. They will be offered better salaries than their current ones but to go all the way up the max? They will definitely be overpaid if they get those offers from other teams. Smile
Chicago already have a few overpaid players on the roster. Max salaries should be reserved for players that can produce on both ends of the floor at the highest level. Cool


I was just looking at the team payroll, and I agree with you. Chicago's in no position to offer both players big contracts. They'll be lucky to just re-sign one of them. Chicago has too many slighty better than average players making near max money. This is going to be a very critical offseason for the Sky. I think Dolson, and maybe even Quigley should take pay cuts, both are free agents.

Thanks. Now you understand my viewpoint. Cool



_________________
Sky Nation! We are in this together!
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59805
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/19 7:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Ndour has All-Star talent. She just needs to be given an opportunity.

Multiple teams are going to offer Ndour and Copper max contracts during the offseason. Chicago must match.


We don't know what the salary structure will look like next season



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 20369



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/19 8:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ndour will only get offers if she's available to play an entire season.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 21543
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/19 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Ndour will only get offers if she's available to play an entire season.

Teams would probably also like her to produce, say, five consecutive minutes of decent basketball in the WNBA. Or two straight decent games.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 10053



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/19 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Ndour will only get offers if she's available to play an entire season.

Teams would probably also like her to produce, say, five consecutive minutes of decent basketball in the WNBA. Or two straight decent games.


You're so demanding ...



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 21543
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/19 11:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Ndour will only get offers if she's available to play an entire season.

Teams would probably also like her to produce, say, five consecutive minutes of decent basketball in the WNBA. Or two straight decent games.


You're so demanding ...

I can't remember how many times I posted/tweeted/whatevered during her two years in Minnesota that if the Lynx didn't pay Natasha Howard, someone else would. Because she did stuff during games that showed why. Ndour just hasn't done that in the WNBA. Producing on a stacked Spain team in international competition isn't the same.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7784



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/19 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When given the playing time, Ndour has produced.

Last 10 gms of the 2016 season:

11.5p/5.3r/1b/44%/75%/39% 3pt (13-33)....in about 27 mpg

This was only Ndour's 2nd season in the league...Ndour's been playing behind high salary veterans or high draft picks her entire career. This is why she doesn't get playing time. Just look at the 2nd game of this season. Parker gets into foul trouble. Ndour scores 7 pts in 7 minutes in the fisrt half...Ndour played 0 minutes in the 2nd half.


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 21543
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/19 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, fair point that she had a decent stretch, albeit on a terrible team that lost eight of those ten games, most of them convincingly. I just think that your belief in her potential market is rather overconfident. Players don't get limited minutes just because vets are also on the roster. If you play better than them in practice, or earn extra time during limited minutes in the game, you play more. Like the way McCowan is getting more minutes in Indiana, or Anigwe has started to grow into the rotation in Connecticut. A lot of coaches like smart veterans, but they all like winning more. She needs to show more at WNBA level for those kinds of offers to be out there.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52612



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/19 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Ndour's been playing behind high salary veterans or high draft picks her entire career. This is why she doesn't get playing time.


Wait, it's money that determines playing time? Hamby and Wilson better swap minutes then.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7784



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/19 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fair enough.however, McCowan was a lottery pick and Indiana had no real size at the center position. In the case of Anigwe. Connecticut traded away Chiney and have no real post depth. Tuck and Jones are the only other post players on the bench. Ndour has played on teams that had lots of post depth.

2014- Appel,Adams,Young,Alexander
2016- Appel,Hamby (1st rd pk) Alexander...Ndour did avg 14.9 mpg
2018- Dolson, Parker, Gabby experiment, Coates (#2 pk)...Coach Stocks was hell bent on playing Gabby at PF.
2019- Dolson,Parker,Lavender...3 players making near max

There's no way in hell Gabby should've been playing PF ahead of Ndour.




Last edited by zune69 on 07/10/19 2:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 17 of 22

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin