RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

2020 Commitments
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 10100



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/27/19 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
Stanford continues on its recent roll. It’s not 2020, but 2021! Brooke Demeter our of Mater Dei, ESPN #4, commits to the Cardinal!

Oregon better watch out, we’re coming back for our perch.


It's actually Brooke Demetre, and she's really, really good. She and Cameron Brink play for the Cal Stars Elite in EYBL, and they are a load. They played against Boo Williams (out of Virginia) last week, another EYBL team, and those two dominated inside. And Demetre, at about 6-3, can shoot threes as well as hit midrange jumpers and rebound.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 25738



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/27/19 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Coyotes wrote:
Stanford continues on its recent roll. It’s not 2020, but 2021! Brooke Demeter our of Mater Dei, ESPN #4, commits to the Cardinal!

Oregon better watch out, we’re coming back for our perch.


It's actually Brooke Demetre, and she's really, really good. She and Cameron Brink play for the Cal Stars Elite in EYBL, and they are a load. They played against Boo Williams (out of Virginia) last week, another EYBL team, and those two dominated inside. And Demetre, at about 6-3, can shoot threes as well as hit midrange jumpers and rebound.


I'm getting dizzy with all these top commitments! Hope Tara and Co. can put it all together. It would be awesome to be relevant again.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
PRballer



Joined: 18 Apr 2007
Posts: 2299



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/27/19 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
ClayK wrote:
Coyotes wrote:
Stanford continues on its recent roll. It’s not 2020, but 2021! Brooke Demeter our of Mater Dei, ESPN #4, commits to the Cardinal!

Oregon better watch out, we’re coming back for our perch.


It's actually Brooke Demetre, and she's really, really good. She and Cameron Brink play for the Cal Stars Elite in EYBL, and they are a load. They played against Boo Williams (out of Virginia) last week, another EYBL team, and those two dominated inside. And Demetre, at about 6-3, can shoot threes as well as hit midrange jumpers and rebound.


I'm getting dizzy with all these top commitments! Hope Tara and Co. can put it all together. It would be awesome to be relevant again.


myrtle! with all due respect, Tara and Co. are definitely relevant. Geesh, you're one of the Top 5 programs in women's basketball and always in the mix.

I know what you mean, though. It would be awesome if Tara wins her third natty at what, 70? 71? The third NC would even her out with Muffet and Kim. Would be nice to see Stanford as national champions again, for those of us who remember and watched her first two Very Happy


GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 5747
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/27/19 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tara may lose fewer games than the number of years left in her career.
linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 4119



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/30/19 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn gets a verbal from 2020 Mir McLean, 5'11" wing from Baltimore. Best known as a premier rebounder. Gabby Williams redux at first look.

Bueckers, Muhl and McLean, not one above 6'. Where's the length?

https://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-womens-basketball/hc-sp-uconn-women-mir-mclean-commitment-2020-20190630-20190701-qm6ecz6n2jd63neapap77tzw2m-story.html




Last edited by linkster on 07/01/19 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 12294
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/30/19 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
myrtle! with all due respect, Tara and Co. are definitely relevant. Geesh, you're one of the Top 5 programs in women's basketball and always in the mix.


Hmmm.

That MYRTLICIOUSNESS!!! Always in the GreedBird's box--she knows damn well Stanford is poised for wbb domination, as soon as Tara get's Kelly's class cleared out of there. Then just wait till Azzi commits! Shocked



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 10100



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/01/19 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The rumor mill says Azzi Fudd's injury was more than just an ACL -- a major, major injury that may keep her out for all of the high school season. If that's the case, and she follows the path of many before her who take some time after their knee is physically OK to mentally get back to 100%, she could essentially be below-par until November 2020.

So clearly she's a very, very good player, and schools will want to have her, but no one will really know if the knee injury will lessen her future impact until after the November signing period.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 12294
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/01/19 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
The rumor mill says Azzi Fudd's injury was more than just an ACL -- a major, major injury that may keep her out for all of the high school season. If that's the case, and she follows the path of many before her who take some time after their knee is physically OK to mentally get back to 100%, she could essentially be below-par until November 2020.

So clearly she's a very, very good player, and schools will want to have her, but no one will really know if the knee injury will lessen her future impact until after the November signing period.


Shades of Jackie Gemelos....? Shocked



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 10100



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/01/19 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
ClayK wrote:
The rumor mill says Azzi Fudd's injury was more than just an ACL -- a major, major injury that may keep her out for all of the high school season. If that's the case, and she follows the path of many before her who take some time after their knee is physically OK to mentally get back to 100%, she could essentially be below-par until November 2020.

So clearly she's a very, very good player, and schools will want to have her, but no one will really know if the knee injury will lessen her future impact until after the November signing period.


Shades of Jackie Gemelos....? Shocked


Jacki didn't have just one surgery ... she had five, if I recall correctly, before she left USC.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 5747
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/03/19 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
The rumor mill says Azzi Fudd's injury was more than just an ACL -- a major, major injury that may keep her out for all of the high school season. If that's the case, and she follows the path of many before her who take some time after their knee is physically OK to mentally get back to 100%, she could essentially be below-par until November 2020.


As a 2021 player Fudd doesn't technically fit into a 2020 thread, but what the heck.

In her blog post dated yesterday, she says the following about her recovery:

Quote:
. . . I had the surgery on my knee, May 29, and I was on bedrest for about a week after that . . . .

After getting off of bedrest I was able to start doing form shooting and doing core and other types of exercises. Right now, I can shoot from about 15 feet out.

I can’t jump yet, but my goal is to be able to shoot threes by August.

My return date is completely up in the air. It all depends on how my physical therapy and rehab go. I’m hoping to get back sooner, but I’m in no rush with it.
. . . .

I get encouraged all the time because I’m one month out and you probably couldn’t even tell that I had surgery.


To me, one of the most intriguing things she says in her blog is that she had her surgery in Indiana and goes back to Indiana for checkups. Why Indiana? Fudd is from D.C. and is relatively close to some of America's top orthopedic hospitals in the northeast. I'm not aware of any top ranked orthopedic hospital in Indiana, though of course there likely are many excellent individual orthopedic surgeons in every state.
linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 4119



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/03/19 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
ClayK wrote:
The rumor mill says Azzi Fudd's injury was more than just an ACL -- a major, major injury that may keep her out for all of the high school season. If that's the case, and she follows the path of many before her who take some time after their knee is physically OK to mentally get back to 100%, she could essentially be below-par until November 2020.


As a 2021 player Fudd doesn't technically fit into a 2020 thread, but what the heck.

In her blog post dated yesterday, she says the following about her recovery:

Quote:
. . . I had the surgery on my knee, May 29, and I was on bedrest for about a week after that . . . .

After getting off of bedrest I was able to start doing form shooting and doing core and other types of exercises. Right now, I can shoot from about 15 feet out.

I can’t jump yet, but my goal is to be able to shoot threes by August.

My return date is completely up in the air. It all depends on how my physical therapy and rehab go. I’m hoping to get back sooner, but I’m in no rush with it.
. . . .

I get encouraged all the time because I’m one month out and you probably couldn’t even tell that I had surgery.


To me, one of the most intriguing things she says in her blog is that she had her surgery in Indiana and goes back to Indiana for checkups. Why Indiana? Fudd is from D.C. and is relatively close to some of America's top orthopedic hospitals in the northeast. I'm not aware of any top ranked orthopedic hospital in Indiana, though of course there likely are many excellent individual orthopedic surgeons in every state.


Read the blog. Nice to get information directly and in complete sentences instead of a bunch of twits from 3rd parties. From her it would seem that the MCL was the only injury outside of the ACL. MCL's often are just allowed to heal on their own. My worry was a meniscus tear, which often becomes a chronic problem down the road. That doesn't seem to be the case.


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 5489
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/07/19 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jamia Hazell, 5'7 combo G from Raleigh, NC (SE Raleigh HS) commits to JMU (per Raoul)



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 5747
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/19 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
To me, one of the most intriguing things [Fudd] says in her blog is that she had her surgery in Indiana and goes back to Indiana for checkups. Why Indiana?


Here's the answer:

Quote:
We went to my mom's doctor [Dr. K. Donald Shelbourne] in Indianapolis, because she tore both of her ACLs and this was the same doctor that did her surgery. He first put me in a cast to heal my MCL naturally. You can have surgery to heal the MCL, but the doctor has all this data that says if you repair the MCL and ACL together, your leg becomes stiffer.


Indeed, Dr. Shelbourne is a nationally acclaimed orthopedic surgeon who has specialized solely in knees since 1987 and who has performed over 6500 ACL reconstructions, for which he claims an 85-90% return to full sport success rate compared to a 50-60% industry average.
ridor



Joined: 18 Oct 2005
Posts: 996
Location: Frederick, Maryland


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/15/19 12:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

6'1 Zaria Johnson of Cypress Spring HS in Texas (11.7ppg, 7.2rpg) committed to Virginia Cavaliers.


linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 4119



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/18/19 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn Women’s Basketball Adds 2021 Recruit Saylor Poffenbarger

Quote:
Poffenbarger is ranked 21st in the ESPN recruiting rankings, whose most recent report on her said the following:

Versatile guard brings size to the back court and a deep 3-point range offensive attack; rebounds and attacks in transition; reads the defense, utilizes screens effectively and delivers from beyond the arc; manufactures shots, rises on jumper in mid-range game; superior size, attacks off the dribble and scores in traffic; a stock-riser in the class of 2021.


https://www.theuconnblog.com/2019/7/18/20699747/uconn-womens-basketball-geno-auriemma-2021-recruit-saylor-poffenbarger


ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 10100



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/18/19 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Poffenbarger was very impressive at the U16 tryouts.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 5489
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/28/19 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stephanie Ouderkirk, VA Class 3 POY, commits to JMU. The 6'1 F is from Penn Laird, VA.(Spotswood HS). Chances are she is still growing; both parents are around 6'5, and she has a brother who is 6'9 and plays baseball at WVU where he is a RHP.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4219
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/28/19 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Olivia Cochran, 6'1 F and #16 HG verbals Louisville.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
TechDawgMc



Joined: 12 Aug 2010
Posts: 261
Location: Temple, TX


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/29/19 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Muffet only has two. She’s currently tied with Tara. Kim’s the only active coach with three other than Geno


Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 12294
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/29/19 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TechDawgMc wrote:
Muffet only has two. She’s currently tied with Tara. Kim’s the only active coach with three other than Geno


Question Question Shocked Question Question



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17978
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/30/19 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All Star Girls Report (ASGR) Rankings - Class of 2020
rankings as of June 3, 2019

HS Class of 2020 (Top 30 Verbal Commitments)
2. Paige Bueckers (UConn)
4. Cameron Brink (Stanford)
6. Hannah Gusters (Baylor)
7. Maddie Scherr (Oregon)
9. Kylee Watson (Oregon)
11. Natalija Marshall (Notre Dame)
18. Allison Campbell (Notre Dame)
19. Sydney Parrish (Oregon)
21. Te-Hina Paopao (Oregon)
24. Lexi Donarski (Iowa State)
25. Jana Van Gytenbeek (Stanford)
26. Angela Dugalic (Oregon)


https://asgrbasketball.com/iowa-state-and-texas-highlight-top-125-recruiting-2020-class-rankings/




Last edited by CamrnCrz1974 on 07/31/19 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17978
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/30/19 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Olivia Cochran, 6'1 F and #16 HG verbals Louisville.


https://prospectsnation.com/story/recruiting-rundown-cochran-wheeler-boni-hay


CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17978
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/30/19 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Olivia Cochran, 6'1 F and #16 HG verbals Louisville.


https://prospectsnation.com/story/recruiting-rundown-cochran-wheeler-boni-hay


Why Carver basketball star Cochran chose this ACC school as her college destination

Her mother, Tara Williams, was a second-team All-SEC guard as a senior at Auburn in 1997 and played two seasons in the WNBA (1997 for Phoenix and 2000 for Portland).

Read more here: https://www.ledger-enquirer.com/sports/high-school/valley-preps-blog/article233266649.html#storylink=cpy


thefutureisbright



Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Posts: 2311



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/30/19 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Megan Sawatzky is new Coordinator of Operations at Cal. She was at St. John's University in California as MBB DOBO and Athletics Facilities.

https://calbears.com/staff.aspx?staff=753


Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 12294
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/30/19 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
All Star Girls Report (ASGR) Rankings - Class of 2021
rankings as of June 3, 2019

HS Class of 2020 (Top 30 Verbal Commitments)
2. Paige Bueckers (UConn)
4. Cameron Brink (Stanford)
6. Hannah Gusters (Baylor)
7. Maddie Scherr (Oregon)
9. Kylee Watson (Oregon)
11. Natalija Marshall (Notre Dame)
18. Allison Campbell (Notre Dame)
19. Sydney Parrish (Oregon)
21. Te-Hina Paopao (Oregon)
24. Lexi Donarski (Iowa State)
25. Jana Van Gytenbeek (Stanford)
26. Angela Dugalic (Oregon)


https://asgrbasketball.com/iowa-state-and-texas-highlight-top-125-recruiting-2020-class-rankings/


Interesting. I only *watch* espn's rankings, where Bueckers is #1: The link offered schools' class rankings, but I didn't see who their #1 player is. Anyone know?

Also, Scherr is ranked #7 here, and #24 on espn. :shock

Now, I'd take it that Evina Westbrook is considered the #1 Transfer, with the 1 TR designation. Fair enough. Logic might then lead to the deduction that Shaina Pellington (formerly OK) is considered the #186th best transfer, as she heads to AZ....huh??? THAT kid is much better than #186 amongst transfers, imo. Odd. I also didn't notice any 4 TR, or 17 TRs, etc. Am I misreading?
:



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!


Last edited by Howee on 07/30/19 3:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin