RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Oregon 2019-2020

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 5616
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/04/19 12:46 pm    ::: Oregon 2019-2020 Reply Reply with quote

Looking at the HoopGurz top 100 ranking for 2020, I was impressed by the early and national recruiting success of Oregon.

Of the top 24 players, only 10 have committed to a school, 4 to Oregon.

Of the top 40 players, only 16 have committed, 5 to Oregon.

11. Sydney Parish, 6-0, G, IN
17. Kylee Watson, 6-3, F, NJ
23. Angela Dugalic, 6-4, F, IL
24. Maddie Scherr, 5-11, G, KY
40. Te-Hina Paopao, 5-9, PG, CA

Kelly Graves has certainly been able to get early 2020 commits and from all over the USA. In addition, he has his international recruiting expertise: This season's roster will have three players from Australia, two from Germany and one from England.

Of the 11 other early commits in the top 40 so far, UConn, Notre Dame and Stanford have two each.
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 5616
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/05/19 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oregon women’s basketball lands former 5-star Sedona Prince, 6-foot-7 transfer from Texas

So, if the 6-7 Prince gets immediate eligibility, Oregon this year will have her plus 6-6 Lydia Giomi, 6-5 Lucy Cochrane, 6-5 Nyara Sabally, 6-4 Ruthy Hebard, 6-4 Satou Sabally, 6-2 Erin Boley . . . and some kid who does triple doubles.
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 9732



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/06/19 9:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it might be time to start talking about Kelly Graves as a Hall of Fame coach. The resume is really impressive ...

Of course he has some advantages at Oregon, but there are coaches who have advantages and don't really find a way to use them.

The transfers of Prince and Moore are proof, I think, that the train isn't going to stop when Sabrina graduates. The Ducks and Stanford appear to be powerhouses for the next four years or so ... remember when the Pac-12 was an afterthought in women's basketball? No longer ...



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
fancy_daniel



Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Posts: 4414
Location: Los Angeles


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/06/19 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Oregon women’s basketball lands former 5-star Sedona Prince, 6-foot-7 transfer from Texas

So, if the 6-7 Prince gets immediate eligibility, Oregon this year will have her plus 6-6 Lydia Giomi, 6-5 Lucy Cochrane, 6-5 Nyara Sabally, 6-4 Ruthy Hebard, 6-4 Satou Sabally, 6-2 Erin Boley . . . and some kid who does triple doubles.


They need that size to compete against in-state rival Oregon State.


fancy_daniel



Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Posts: 4414
Location: Los Angeles


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/06/19 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
I think it might be time to start talking about Kelly Graves as a Hall of Fame coach. The resume is really impressive ...


I would slow my roll there partner. I would say a few more final fours (and consistency) will get him there. And we'll have to see how these classes actually perform once they're on the court.

My concern is that last time he recruited these many players, you started seeing some transfer out. There is only so much playing time available.


GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 5616
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/06/19 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
Oregon women’s basketball lands former 5-star Sedona Prince, 6-foot-7 transfer from Texas

So, if the 6-7 Prince gets immediate eligibility, Oregon this year will have her plus 6-6 Lydia Giomi, 6-5 Lucy Cochrane, 6-5 Nyara Sabally, 6-4 Ruthy Hebard, 6-4 Satou Sabally, 6-2 Erin Boley . . . and some kid who does triple doubles.


They need that size to compete against in-state rival Oregon State.


Yes, that rivalry in the land of redwoods will be gargantuan.





Too bad for UConn fans. If Sedona had transferred to Storrs, this could have been Geno with his starting lineup next season.

Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 11986
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/06/19 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
ClayK wrote:
I think it might be time to start talking about Kelly Graves as a Hall of Fame coach. The resume is really impressive ...


I would slow my roll there partner. I would say a few more final fours (and consistency) will get him there. And we'll have to see how these classes actually perform once they're on the court.


Only time can tell....he's not exactly a young turk, but he's certainly laid down a roadmap that leads to the HOF if promise holds true for the next 3 or 4 seasons.

fancy_daniel wrote:
My concern is that last time he recruited these many players, you started seeing some transfer out. There is only so much playing time available.

I'd say his transfers 'out' currently dim in contrast to his transfers 'in'. Minyon might just be the potential final rung on their ladder to The Top, much like Chloe Jackson gave Baylor that li'l bit of extra oomph when needed. Cool



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4119
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/07/19 8:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sedona talks about her injury, her recovery process and prospects, and the fact that she'd like to play right away.


https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Sedona-Prince-pushing-to-play-immediately-at-Oregon-133463904



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4119
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/07/19 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Sedona talks about her injury, her recovery process and prospects, and the fact that she'd like to play right away.


https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Sedona-Prince-pushing-to-play-immediately-at-Oregon-133463904


“For me, my medical was what wrong at Texas. I was trying to find a place where I felt comfortable and can live for the next four years and be and where my career and health will be the best... It's kind of a perfect fit. I’m happy to be a Duck."



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
willtalk



Joined: 13 Apr 2012
Posts: 722
Location: NorCal


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/07/19 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So does it then make sense, that having dealt with Quacks in Texas, she now goes to a college known for Quacks?



_________________
No one one is ever as good as their best game, nor as bad as their worst.
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 25156



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/08/19 1:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:



Yes, that rivalry in the land of redwoods will be gargantuan.



just to be clear: Oregon has no redwoods except in the far SW corner, far away from UO or OSU. But there are lots of firs and they are pretty tall (well over 200 feet tall)!



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 11986
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/08/19 8:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Yes, that rivalry in the land of redwoods will be gargantuan.


just to be clear: Oregon has no redwoods except in the far SW corner, far away from UO or OSU. But there are lots of firs and they are pretty tall (well over 200 feet tall)!


But Oregon has YOU, Myrtle....You are The Redwood Giantess of Basketball Wisdom and Acumen, so it's all good. Laughing



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
willtalk



Joined: 13 Apr 2012
Posts: 722
Location: NorCal


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/19 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A flock of ducks are waddling towards a pond. Two of the more mature ducks are exchanging words. One says to the other " my instincts tell me it will soon be winter." The other answers back " my instincts tell me that we should start to head south before the week is over." One of the younger duck looks at the one next to him and says " My end stinks too, but it don't tell me nothing. "



_________________
No one one is ever as good as their best game, nor as bad as their worst.
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin