RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Mississippi State 2019-2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Conway Gamecock



Joined: 23 Jan 2015
Posts: 772
Location: Here


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/22/19 3:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
What's wrong with a lot of tall trees?


Ever heard of the saying, "can't see the forest for the trees"? Several of those girls will be watching others play in front of them for a while....


NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4139
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/22/19 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
What's wrong with a lot of tall trees?


Ever heard of the saying, "can't see the forest for the trees"? Several of those girls will be watching others play in front of them for a while....


Assuming a complete recovery, I would suspect Prince would not be sitting.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 25337



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/22/19 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
What's wrong with a lot of tall trees?


Oregon had that issue a couple of years ago, resulting in at least 2 (maybe 3?) of them leaving the program. Some kids are ok with sitting on the bench. Others not so much.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 5709
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/22/19 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
I have no idea whether 6-7 Sedona Prince is considering MSSt as a transfer-to school, but it would seem to make a lot of sense considering the excellence of the coaching staff, their development of Teaira McCowan, and the proximity of Starkville to Texas compared to northern schools.


A 6-7 RS-Fr. player joining a roster that has 6-5 So. J. Carter, 6-5 RS-So. P. Taylor, 6-6 JUCO Jr. Y. Morris, and 6-4 RS-Jr. S. Cooks? Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me....


It makes sense to me that Vic Schaefer would like a tall center with All-Conference if not All-American potential. Based on high school rankings and performance, Sedona Prince likely has much more of such potential than any of those other bigs except for Sidney Cooks. Those two were both ranked in the HoopGurlz top 10 in their respective years. Carter was ranked #46 (and listed as 6-3), while Taylor and Morris were not ranked in the top 100.

Again, Prince to MSSt is total speculation by me. I haven't even heard such a rumor. I have read Notre Dame posters saying they haven't heard of any rumors about Prince being interested in Notre Dame. She visited UConn early this week.

Edit: I just saw a Notre Dame source post that Prince will be visiting ND.
Conway Gamecock



Joined: 23 Jan 2015
Posts: 772
Location: Here


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/22/19 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
I have no idea whether 6-7 Sedona Prince is considering MSSt as a transfer-to school, but it would seem to make a lot of sense considering the excellence of the coaching staff, their development of Teaira McCowan, and the proximity of Starkville to Texas compared to northern schools.


A 6-7 RS-Fr. player joining a roster that has 6-5 So. J. Carter, 6-5 RS-So. P. Taylor, 6-6 JUCO Jr. Y. Morris, and 6-4 RS-Jr. S. Cooks? Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me....


It makes sense to me that Vic Schaefer would like a tall center with All-Conference if not All-American potential. Based on high school rankings and performance, Sedona Prince likely has much more of such potential than any of those other bigs except for Sidney Cooks. Those two were both ranked in the HoopGurlz top 10 in their respective years. Carter was ranked #46 (and listed as 6-3), while Taylor and Morris were not ranked in the top 100.

Again, Prince to MSSt is total speculation by me. I haven't even heard such a rumor. I have read Notre Dame posters saying they haven't heard of any rumors about Prince being interested in Notre Dame. She visited UConn early this week.

Edit: I just saw a Notre Dame source post that Prince will be visiting ND.


Your above comment makes good sense in a vacuum so to speak, without the notion of competition at the position. Rating potential has a certain degree of value I suppose, but I would think that potential based upon actual college playing experience should hold as much if not more. Morris was a lowly-rated and recruited prospect that chose to go JUCO - perhaps her academic situation was a result for that - but she has proven to be a capable "Big Three" post (scoring, rebounding, shot blocking), and will bring maturity as a junior into the mix.

Promise was a 3* out of high school, but again at Ole Miss she showed talent that may exist above that rating, and it was on display against SEC competition. And Carter and Cooks were both 5* rated prospects as you say.

Perhaps Prince thinks she's talented enough to wade through all those comers. She will spend 2 years competing against Morris, 2 yrs against Cooks, and 3 yrs each against Cater and Taylor. And likewise for them, competing against her for minutes. I just think that phone booth would be a little crowded - it really is already, without Prince....


GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 5709
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/23/19 1:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
I just think that phone booth would be a little crowded - it really is already, without Prince....


I agree, and although Prince might be the best player in the phone booth, I didn't know all the MSSt players until your first post. It initially just struck me that MSSt has done well with transfers and that it might be a more attractive school for a Texan than a northern power program. Now I'm thinking Notre Dame probably has the edge, as I suggest in the UConn thread.
TexDawg



Joined: 07 Feb 2018
Posts: 17
Location: Austin TX


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/25/19 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm on vacation, but I just saw that Blair is joining her Dad's staff as Coordinator of Player Development.



_________________
PTLGD
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4139
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/25/19 11:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mississippi state read to represent.

This isn't like a foreign tour, where you go over and play a bunch of club teams that aren't very good, and you look like a million dollars, win by 60, everyone is happy and plays 10-12 minutes a game. We made the decision that we are going to go over, compete with the best and try to win it. We have practiced that way. Practices have been a little bit different, and our training has been quite a bit different this June compared to Junes in the past.


https://www.google.com/amp/www.wtva.com/templates/AMP%3fcontentID=511807242
Quote:



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4139
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/28/19 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ciao!

Bulldogs are in Italy.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CoachVic_MSU/status/1144499203390840832/photo/1

The team, competing in the world university games will begin official competition on July 3. Prior to that they were friendly competition with Japan on the American Air Force BasE.

The team representing the USA consists of:

Alum Jazzmun Holmes

Returning players: BreAmber Scott, Andra Espinoza Hunter, Myah Taylor, Jessika Carter, and Xaria Wiggins

Transfers and frosh: Yemiyah Morris, Sidney Cooks, Jayla Hemingway, JaMya Mingo-Young, Aliyah Matharu, Rickey Jackson









https://hailstate.com/news/2019/6/25/womens-basketball-discusses-upcoming-trip-to-italy.aspx


https://hailstate.com/news/2019/6/26/womens-basketball-bulldogs-depart-for-world-university-games.aspx



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
Conway Gamecock



Joined: 23 Jan 2015
Posts: 772
Location: Here


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/19 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Ciao!

Bulldogs are in Italy.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CoachVic_MSU/status/1144499203390840832/photo/1

The team, competing in the world university games will begin official competition on July 3. Prior to that they were friendly competition with Japan on the American Air Force BasE.

The team representing the USA consists of:

Alum Jazzmun Holmes

Returning players: BreAmber Scott, Andra Espinoza Hunter, Myah Taylor, Jessika Carter, and Xaria Wiggins

Transfers and frosh: Yemiyah Morris, Sidney Cooks, Jayla Hemingway, JaMya Mingo-Young, Aliyah Matharu, Rickey Jackson









https://hailstate.com/news/2019/6/25/womens-basketball-discusses-upcoming-trip-to-italy.aspx


https://hailstate.com/news/2019/6/26/womens-basketball-bulldogs-depart-for-world-university-games.aspx


I imagine these things have little NCAA oversight, if players with no more playing eligibility are still able to suit up and play for the program. I guess Cooks can also suit up and play, even though she may have to sit out next season as a red-shirt transfer?? If so, then why can't players sitting out due to transfer - or academic red-shirts - not suit up and play for their teams for pre-season exhibition games??


NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4139
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/02/19 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bulldogs played against Japan In a friendly warm up on Monday. Jessika Carters late game heroics helped preserve a 79-78 victory.

https://hailstate.com/news/2019/7/1/womens-basketball-carter-converts-late-and-one-to-top-japan-in-friendly-79-78.aspx



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4139
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/03/19 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mississippi state opens world University competition with a 62-49 win over Mexico. The Bulldogs trim for most of the game but outscored Mexico 19 to 4 in the final stanza.

https://hailstate.com/news/2019/7/3/womens-basketball-usa-rallies-in-fourth-quarter-for-60-49-win-over-mexico.aspx



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4139
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/04/19 9:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mississippi State beats Chinese Taipei, 93-58. Rickea Jackson led the Bulldogs with 35 points, while Jessika Carter added 26.

https://results.universiade2019napoli.it/assets/pdf/BKBWTEAM5-------------GPC-000300--_73%201.4.pdf



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4139
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/04/19 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In two games this far, Mississippi State is being lead by Rickea Jackson's 22.5 ppg and Jessika Carters 16 points per game. In the Taipei win, Jackson scored 16 of the teams final 23 points.

Jazzmun Holmes is averaging the most minutes/game at 30.

In both games this far, Mississippi State hasn't played great defense until the final quarter. They're also shooting FTs very poorly.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4139
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/04/19 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

List of women's basketball participants at the University games who attend school in the United States.

Team Australia
* Jasmine Simmons, Oregon State
* Alexandra Sharp, Wake forest university
* Alicia Froling, Southern Methodist university

Team Czech Republic
* Teresa Kracimova, Southern Methodist university
* Michaela Gailerova, North Dakota State University
* Klara Brichakova

Team Finland
* Elina Koskimies, American university
* Sara Rokkanen, University of Toledo
* Lotta-Maj Lahtinen, Georgia tech
* Anniina AIJANEN, Xavier university
* Nina Augustin, Robert Morris University

Team Hungary
* Palma Kaposi, University Minnesota
* Timea Toth, University of Texas San Antonio
* Nina Aho, Duquesne university
* Enika Kutto, Duquesne university

Team Mexico
* Laura Ramirez, University of Rhode Island
* Claudia Gutierrez, California University Pennsylvania

Team Portugal
* Laura Ferrera, University of South Florida
* Maria Kostourkova Washington state university
* Joana Alves, Seattle University

Team Romania
* Anamarie Virjoghe, Gonzaga University
* Kinsco Kelliman, CAl-State University East Bay
* Claudia Stan, University of eastern Illinois
* Paula Lenhart, Dartmouth College
* Ana Ferariu, Drexel University

Team Slovakia
* Nikola Kovacimova, Georgetown college



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4139
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/05/19 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Team MSUnited States concludes group play today. Bulldogs have jumped up on Slovakia 33-7 after one quarter.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4139
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/05/19 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

(50-26 at the half. Both teams playing even up after that first quarter.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4139
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/05/19 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MSUnited States got the 40 point win, swept through pool play, and Sunday night will meet the Chinese team in quarterfinal action. For the Bulldogs everybody got a chance to play, everybody scored, and everybody got ample amounts of rest.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4139
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/07/19 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Team MSUSA bulldogs take on Team china at 11 AM pacific time at the world university games.

The game will be broadcast on this Twitter account ( I think the guys broadcasting it from his cell phone)

https://mobile.twitter.com/CliffStory.


Live stats:
https://www.fisu.net/results/summer-universiade/30th-summer-universiade-napoli-2019-main-results



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4139
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/07/19 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At the half, Bulldawgs lead China 52-41. Rickea Jackson leading the way with 16 points.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4139
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/07/19 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trailing by 8 with just over 4 minutes in the game, Bulldawgs go on 17-1 run to win 87-79.


Box:
https://results.universiade2019napoli.it/assets/pdf/BKBWTEAM5-------------QFNL000200--_73%201.1.pdf



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 12087
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/07/19 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
What's wrong with a lot of tall trees?


Nothing--if you can keep 'em all happy!

All moot here now....Miss Prince has gone to The Land of Tall Trees (Oregon) to play among the Forest of young ladies Kelly has recruited. Cool



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4139
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/19 8:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MSUSA goes for the gold against Australia.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
TexDawg



Joined: 07 Feb 2018
Posts: 17
Location: Austin TX


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/20/19 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jordan Danberry was granted an extra year of eligibility today!! HUGE news! I'm so excited for Jo!

https://hailstate.com/news/2019/8/20/womens-basketball-jordan-danberrys-ncaa-waiver-approved.aspx



_________________
PTLGD
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4139
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/20/19 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TexDawg wrote:
Jordan Danberry was granted an extra year of eligibility today!! HUGE news! I'm so excited for Jo!

https://hailstate.com/news/2019/8/20/womens-basketball-jordan-danberrys-ncaa-waiver-approved.aspx


This is HUGE. Wonder if she takes over the starting pg role? She had a great ability to create her own shot, I wonder how well she can adapt to setting up her teammates.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin