Wings
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Sky
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 7

Shades

PostPosted: 07/06/19 10:01 am    ::: Wings @ Sky - 7/07/19 Reply Reply with quote

Chicago, IL - 6:00 PM ET
TV: The U Too

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20190707/DALCHI/

ESPN Gamecast:
http://www.espn.com/wnba/game?gameId=401104995

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
herna220

PostPosted: 07/07/19 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mike Ditka had a few words pre-game before the Sky game then did a ceremonial "opening tip"

I saw it on Live Access and learned there is no 7 second delay in the broadcast lol

One twitter user posted "the speech"
https://twitter.com/madkenney/status/1147993028503711744?s=20

bballgrl

PostPosted: 07/07/19 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was happy to see Lavender hit that 3 pointer as I like to cheer on my home girls. She is from Cleveland(where I live) and went to Ohio State and won a ton of acolades while she was there. Now I can cheer for her as she is no longer playing for the Sparks! She had 20 points and 10 rebounds!!

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 07/08/19 6:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess that I should be happy that the Sky won a game and stopped their losing skid. If they were playing against a better opponent they would have lost yesterday's game. They must learn to cut down on the amount of turnovers they have every game. They make too many careless passes and try to dribble the ball through a crowd of people too much.
The main turnover machines for the Sky are Sloot and DeSheilds. I will give Williams a pass for her bad turnovers because she has been forced into playing the backup point guard position.
Turnovers and giving up too many offensive rebounds are the two main reasons for the losses the Sky have this season. There were a few games they shot the ball like the Dream and the Wings. The games where they were standing knee deep in Lake Michigan and still could not throw the ball into the lake. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 07/08/19 7:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was there, and it was hard to watch! We have been so sloppy, and Diamond, who seemed to have cleaned up her ability to make layups by the end of last season, has backslid. I've been wondering if those recent hits to the head upon landing have affected her, since she even struggles hitting the basket uncontested during warmups, including when she comes out early before the second half.

I was shocked that the stats didn't show more turnovers. It was also frustrating that Sloot and Allie were on the bench so late in the 4Q. One of my seatmates was yelling, "Starters! Starters! and accused Wade of just giving the game away.

We shouldn't have had to work that hard to win that game! Dallas! Really? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 07/08/19 8:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:
I was there, and it was hard to watch! We have been so sloppy, and Diamond, who seemed to have cleaned up her ability to make layups by the end of last season, has backslid. I've been wondering if those recent hits to the head upon landing have affected her, since she even struggles hitting the basket uncontested during warmups, including when she comes out early before the second half.

I was shocked that the stats didn't show more turnovers. It was also frustrating that Sloot and Allie were on the bench so late in the 4Q. One of my seatmates was yelling, "Starters! Starters! and accused Wade of just giving the game away.

We shouldn't have had to work that hard to win that game! Dallas! Really? Rolling Eyes

Welcome to the board!

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 07/08/19 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:

Welcome to the board Sky fan! All you need to know fellow Sky fan is that We are in this together. Very Happy

PostPosted: 07/08/19 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks! Very Happy

STH with my boo since EDD's rookie year. I know you feel my pain! Laughing

RebKell's lurker for much of that time.

I don't understand why the concept of "follow your shot" is ignored. We unfortunately don't shoot well, and it seems folks are just standing around watching the ball not go in. Confused

At a Coach's Corner, I asked Wade about that; his response sort of made sense but not really. I am not totally versed in all the technicalities of the game, but I know enough about that to know it needs to be fixed! Mad

PostPosted: 07/08/19 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The five starters for the Sky cannot win a championship. A change needs to be made. The Sky should be aggressive and go after multiple new free agents next season. Some of the current Sky players whose contracts expires at the end of the season should be allowed to go elsewhere or take a hometown discount.
The players that I am referring to are the ones making the largest salaries on the team but can't help the team win games and make the playoffs.

Last edited by Rock Hard on 07/08/19 3:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
zune69

PostPosted: 07/08/19 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hopefully, Diamond can break out her shooting slump. I still believe her ankle has not yet fully healed. On the bright side, DD is taking quality shots and helping the team in other areas (Defense, Rebounding, Assist)

ClayK

PostPosted: 07/08/19 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:
Thanks! Very Happy

STH with my boo since EDD's rookie year. I know you feel my pain! Laughing

RebKell's lurker for much of that time.

I don't understand why the concept of "follow your shot" is ignored. We unfortunately don't shoot well, and it seems folks are just standing around watching the ball not go in. Confused

At a Coach's Corner, I asked Wade about that; his response sort of made sense but not really. I am not totally versed in all the technicalities of the game, but I know enough about that to know it needs to be fixed! Mad

Led by the San Antonio Spurs, the general theory now is that it's more important to limit teams in transition than hunt offensive rebounds, so coaching today emphasizes getting back more than following your shot.

I know as a coach I yell "Get back" constantly, and never mention "Follow your shot."

PostPosted: 07/08/19 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
I know as a coach I yell "Get back" constantly, and never mention "Follow your shot."

My pet peeve is players who do neither. I am pro-follow-your-shot as long as the whole team isn't doing it. It's better than just standing there doing nothing, and the player who shoots it has the best feel & view of where it might be heading if not into the net.
But yeah, having a player or two playing safety is first priority. O-Boards are great, but conceding fast break layups is a killer.

PostPosted: 07/08/19 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think you have at least two players always going back on safety, but I also think having a third rebounder can lead to a lot of extra possessions. I love a wing who is also interested in getting rebounds - see A.Clark or A. Gray. It's just that the rest of the team has to be aware of who is going where and cover appropriately. Often times it's that third player crashing that can get a board since the bigs are often blocked out. It just takes a little bball IQ. Some teams/players have more of it than others.

- Amanda Gorman
ClayK

PostPosted: 07/09/19 9:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I think you have at least two players always going back on safety, but I also think having a third rebounder can lead to a lot of extra possessions. I love a wing who is also interested in getting rebounds - see A.Clark or A. Gray. It's just that the rest of the team has to be aware of who is going where and cover appropriately. Often times it's that third player crashing that can get a board since the bigs are often blocked out. It just takes a little bball IQ. Some teams/players have more of it than others.

The most difficult player to screen out is the one coming from the corner, but my success is getting players to do that on a regular basis is pretty much zero. I just don't get it because the rebound (and more playing time) is there for the taking.

Anyone at or above the free throw line needs to focus on getting back, though. First things first ...

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: