Liberty
60%
 60%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 15

myrtle

PostPosted: 07/07/19 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Kia is MIA today

she needs to be driving and going to the FT line. NY just looks discombobulated.

- Amanda Gorman
SDHoops

PostPosted: 07/07/19 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

heave ho! Katie must go!

toad455

PostPosted: 07/07/19 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aces have our number. Let's brush this off and rebound for our next game.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/07/19 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Kia is MIA today

she needs to be driving and going to the FT line. NY just looks discombobulated.

In principle I’d agree. However, early in the fourth I counted up 11 missed shots from less than 5 feet with only 4 FTA. Hard to have faith that you’re getting to the line in that circumstance. That said, our third game in 5 days. Mismatch in personnel. We’re 7-8. Chalk this one up and have faith in the fact we are adding players that will really help us.

Last edited by NYL_WNBA_FAN on 07/07/19 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
toad455

PostPosted: 07/07/19 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good to see some solid production from Han today. The one positive from today's game.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 07/07/19 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very tough for New York to play against Las Vegas without either Zahui B or Stokes. Really need both for a game like this.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/07/19 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cambage is so coordinated and powerful she can often score while barely jumping.

PostPosted: 07/07/19 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
26-12 LVA end of first.

All of the games were on League Pass if one didn't live in an area where they could get the tv station it was on. I don't know about the rest of you who watch League Pass but I am so sick of that orange box when there is a break in the game and half time etc. I have had league pass from when it was 1st available and it was never that way, They need to do something about that next season. It is no fun to just sit and stare at a orange box!! Maybe play some music or have an interview with a player, something!! How does any one else feel about that?

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/07/19 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
Shades wrote:
26-12 LVA end of first.

All of the games were on League Pass if one didn't live in an area where they could get the tv station it was on. I don't know about the rest of you who watch League Pass but I am so sick of that orange box when there is a break in the game and half time etc. I have had league pass from when it was 1st available and it was never that way, They need to do something about that next season. It is no fun to just sit and stare at a orange box!! Maybe play some music or have an interview with a player, something!! How does any one else feel about that?

The commercials used to bug me a little bit - mostly because there were so few of them, so you saw the same ones constantly - but to me they're still preferable to orange nothing. At least with commercials you're confident that the stream is still functioning.
I don't get why they cut them out.

PostPosted: 07/07/19 11:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
bballgrl wrote:
Shades wrote:
26-12 LVA end of first.

The commercials used to bug me a little bit - mostly because there were so few of them, so you saw the same ones constantly - but to me they're still preferable to orange nothing. At least with commercials you're confident that the stream is still functioning.
I don't get why they cut them out.

I'm perfectly happy with the orange box. I run around and do little tasks and can tell when the game comes back...as long as it's not muted, which unfortunately it often is due to the lack of intelligent commentating. I often unmute it for the orange box just so I can hear when it comes back. Very Happy

- Amanda Gorman
NYSports56

PostPosted: 07/08/19 2:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Julianne Viani at the end of the game: "Sometimes, a loss can be a good thing--it kind of gets you back on track."

To her credit, she echoed my thoughts exactly as Brittany Boyd stormed into a packed defense daring her to shoot. Julianne basically said that a WNBA quality player needs to be able to punish teams for guarding them like that. I was basically thinking "you can't have that" at the same time.

I am also amused at the way she uses light profanity all the time: words like "pissed" and "crap." You don't usually hear that from announcers.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/08/19 8:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
Julianne Viani at the end of the game: "Sometimes, a loss can be a good thing--it kind of gets you back on track."

To her credit, she echoed my thoughts exactly as Brittany Boyd stormed into a packed defense daring her to shoot. Julianne basically said that a WNBA quality player needs to be able to punish teams for guarding them like that. I was basically thinking "you can't have that" at the same time.

I am also amused at the way she uses light profanity all the time: words like "pissed" and "crap." You don't usually hear that from announcers.

This is exactly why I believe Johannes will become the PG at some point...possibly after training camp next year but eventually. It’s so annoying on multiple levels. First off, Boyd’s shot is somewhat better. It’ll never be confused with “good” or “consistent”. But she has a better chance with an open 3 than with driving the ball into the 6’8” end 6’5” defenders. One sequence she stepped back twice, crossed over at least once and was wide open. And then penetrated into the D and threw the ball away. Tanisha Wright, who is my fav player, isn’t a natural PG either but if teams take the running game away, Wright is still a better option. And she didn’t play well yesterday either but you get my point. Wright is a lot of good things, but needing her for stability purposes is as much an indictment of what Boyd and Hartley can’t or don’t do as it is a reflection of Wright’s leadership. If the Liberty had Sue Bird in front of Wright as Seattle once did, they wouldn’t be as dependent on Wright’s leadership and stability. The skill level at the position needs to be improved. Johannes has a skill level greater than any Libs PG. Hopefully she can give some backup minutes at the position in August but it may be a case where this season plus some training camp is needed to make that type of move. Especially since her English appears limited.

This is why I don’t buy that adding players will hurt chemistry. Not having ball movement, having your top scorer double teamed while people ignore other players and getting shredded on D aren’t helping chemistry.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: