RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Tv schedule

View previous topic :: View next topic  
suemar

PostPosted: 07/06/19 5:43 pm    ::: Tv schedule Reply Reply with quote

Totally hate this years W coverage. Have league pass, NBA TV, all ESPN channels. Use Sling so they do not have CBS Sports. League pass is listed for games blacked out. Mystics on Monumental Sports but beyond our region so we shouldn't be blacked out but were. Then you go to League Pass for archived games and the idiot's display the scores so you can't help but see how won. Can't tell the schedule without a road map.

PostPosted: 07/06/19 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

See if this helps

https://medium.com/her-hoop-stats/making-sense-of-how-to-watch-the-wnba-on-tv-fddd5ea3142b

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 07/06/19 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

and you can live in the hartford/new haven DMA and be blacked out of NYL home games on YES, NBA TV and League Pass, simultaneously!

PostPosted: 07/06/19 7:53 pm    ::: Re: Tv schedule Reply Reply with quote

suemar wrote:
Totally hate this years W coverage. Have league pass, NBA TV, all ESPN channels. Use Sling so they do not have CBS Sports. League pass is listed for games blacked out. Mystics on Monumental Sports but beyond our region so we shouldn't be blacked out but were. Then you go to League Pass for archived games and the idiot's display the scores so you can't help but see how won. Can't tell the schedule without a road map.

You can set LP so the scores are not displayed.

PostPosted: 07/06/19 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can get around all League Pass blackouts by using the Opera browser in confidential mode with the VPN feature turned on. Once the blacked-out game begins streaming, it continues to stream even if I turn off the VPN. Therefore, I suspect League Pass checks for a blacked-out IP number only on log-in.

This works for me for blackouts of the Sun and the Liberty, because I'm in both their viewing areas, and for all the games that are blacked out because of CBS Sports. (Actually, I can get all the relevant TV channels on my cable system, but I'd rather watch on my laptop than on my 25-year old CRT TV.)
ClayK

PostPosted: 07/07/19 8:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have to disagree -- I love the WNBA coverage this year, as I don't like watching games on my computer (I spend too much time in front of it anyway).

There's pretty much a game on every day, and I have Xfinity set to record them, so any time I want, I can queue up a WNBA game, fast forward through the commercials, time outs and reviews, and enjoy the game from my couch.

PostPosted: 07/07/19 8:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Living in NY, having CBSSN and LP the coverage from my perspective is great. However I empathize with those people who don’t have the same access and/or are dealing with blackout issues. If you don’t have CBSSN and get blacked out of that game on LP for instance...I know I’d be upset.

PostPosted: 07/07/19 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I can get around all League Pass blackouts by using the Opera browser in confidential mode with the VPN feature turned on. Once the blacked-out game begins streaming, it continues to stream even if I turn off the VPN. Therefore, I suspect League Pass checks for a blacked-out IP number only on log-in.

This works for me for blackouts of the Sun and the Liberty, because I'm in both their viewing areas, and for all the games that are blacked out because of CBS Sports. (Actually, I can get all the relevant TV channels on my cable system, but I'd rather watch on my laptop than on my 25-year old CRT TV.)

I'll give the VPN trick a try today. Do I simply use any location outside the NYC metro area?

PostPosted: 07/07/19 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

I'll give the VPN trick a try today. Do I simply use any location outside the NYC metro area?

I'd make it easy on yourself and just use anywhere outside the US. Should eliminate all the blackouts (skip Canada too, just in case).

PostPosted: 07/07/19 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

I'd make it easy on yourself and just use anywhere outside the US. Should eliminate all the blackouts (skip Canada too, just in case).

so of course what happens is, now i can watch on my laptop, but when i use my phone (which casts to the tv in perfect HD, unlike the laptop) it says video unavailable. i have completely signed out of one before signing onto the other.

Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 07/07/19 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
I have to disagree -- I love the WNBA coverage this year, as I don't like watching games on my computer (I spend too much time in front of it anyway).

There's pretty much a game on every day, and I have Xfinity set to record them, so any time I want, I can queue up a WNBA game, fast forward through the commercials, time outs and reviews, and enjoy the game from my couch.

Except for all the days that there aren't... like this one.

Seriously, four games on the schedule, zero national broadcasts. Somebody dropped the ball.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
NYSports56

PostPosted: 07/07/19 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

I'm with Clay, I am loving all the games on TV this year. Bigger screen, no buffering--I love it; there have never been more WNBA games available for me. I'm also a League Pass subscriber this year, but I am always happier to watch the games on my TV.

I am very sympathetic for the people who don't have CBS Sports as part of their TV lineup. People who buy League Pass are the WNBA's biggest fans; they deserve to see the games. And although the archives are a solution for some people (they would be for me), for some they are not.

However, it should be mentioned that, from a league popularity standpoint, it is great that all these games are out there on mainstream TV for fringe fans to watch. If a casual watcher sees a player or team that catches their interest, they can now watch that player or team again before their interest wanes. This CBS Sports deal means more exposure for the league we all love.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 07/07/19 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have a name for everyone that complains about the WNBA being broadcast on CBS Sports, WHINER. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 07/07/19 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
I have a name for everyone that complains about the WNBA being broadcast on CBS Sports, WHINER. Rolling Eyes

no, it's wnba and you can kiss my ass and bye bye next season and on.

PostPosted: 07/08/19 6:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

no, it's wnba and you can kiss my ass and bye bye next season and on.

The truth hurts. Very Happy

PostPosted: 07/08/19 10:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Again, if you really want to support the WNBA and aid its finances, you should upgrade your cable and also subscribe to league pass -- especially if you don't go to games in person.

On this board, there are always calls for more support for the league, but as the saying goes, think globally, act locally. And local action is to improve TV ratings, which directly lead to sponsors, by watching games on cable.

Now of course that's expensive, and it's tough to afford, but if we as a group expect others to support the WNBA then we also have to, again as the saying goes, put our money where our mouth is.

PostPosted: 07/08/19 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

I'm with Clay, I am loving all the games on TV this year. Bigger screen, no buffering--I love it; there have never been more WNBA games available for me. I'm also a League Pass subscriber this year, but I am always happier to watch the games on my TV.

I am very sympathetic for the people who don't have CBS Sports as part of their TV lineup. People who buy League Pass are the WNBA's biggest fans; they deserve to see the games. And although the archives are a solution for some people (they would be for me), for some they are not.

However, it should be mentioned that, from a league popularity standpoint, it is great that all these games are out there on mainstream TV for fringe fans to watch. If a casual watcher sees a player or team that catches their interest, they can now watch that player or team again before their interest wanes. This CBS Sports deal means more exposure for the league we all love.

I pay for full sports coverage on Directv AND for League Pass, and count me among those who really like all the CBSS coverage. It seems this is the best coverage I ever recall, both in terms of number of games and also diversity of teams being broadcast on TV. Good to see games on TV involving teams other than Phoenix, LA, Minn and NY.

suemar

PostPosted: 07/08/19 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some people have misread what I am trying to say evidently. I love that CBS SN, NBA TV and all others carry the games. Ive been following the W since day 1 and more than supported the league by traveling all summer from Va Beach to DC many summers, flying to Charlotte, Sacramento, LA for games. Last year I paid for Monumental sports only to not get games because I live more than 150 miles from DC.

My point is it sucks that with all the streaming, tv, and ESPECIALLY LEAGUE PASS I still cant see a game without a flow chart of WHERE it will be shown.
Four games being played and we have to wait for the archive?? there is different information on the WNBA website as to what games are on League pass???

Thanks to all for the links and ideas. Not much of an IT person. I have sent SLING multiple emails asking for CBSSN. Maybe next season.

Rock Hard: RUDE

PostPosted: 07/08/19 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

suemar wrote:
Some people have misread what I am trying to say evidently. I love that CBS SN, NBA TV and all others carry the games. Ive been following the W since day 1 and more than supported the league by traveling all summer from Va Beach to DC many summers, flying to Charlotte, Sacramento, LA for games. Last year I paid for Monumental sports only to not get games because I live more than 150 miles from DC.

My point is it sucks that with all the streaming, tv, and ESPECIALLY LEAGUE PASS I still cant see a game without a flow chart of WHERE it will be shown.
Four games being played and we have to wait for the archive?? there is different information on the WNBA website as to what games are on League pass???

Thanks to all for the links and ideas. Not much of an IT person. I have sent SLING multiple emails asking for CBSSN. Maybe next season.

Rock Hard: RUDE

Are you saying that stations where the games are being shown are not listed under the games on league pass. I have LP and it shows where games are shown even though I don't get all of them. Can you take a screen shot of what your league pass shows.

suemar

PostPosted: 07/08/19 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Example. www.wnba.com The banner of games and scores. Upcoming game July 12th Indiana vs LA. Listed as ESPN3/League pass, Fox Sports Indiana. Planning ahead for this game I would plan to watch on League pass or record league pass. This game however will not be on league pass due to blackout rules, even though we are states away from Indiana.

So basically you cant plan and just assume most of the time you wll have to wait for archive.

PostPosted: 07/08/19 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If being honest by telling the truth makes me rude, then I will be rude 24/7. Life has many obstacles. Don't whine about something if you have the power to do something about it. If you can't overcome the obstacle then just humbly accept it and move on to something else.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: