RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Transfers/injuries/etc. 19-20
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 10100



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/02/19 4:45 pm    ::: Transfers/injuries/etc. 19-20 Reply Reply with quote

Just thought it was time to update ... no new news.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 5489
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/03/19 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Actually there is. Just not P5, still significant enough

Amy West, 6'4 freshman F/C out of Palmerston North, NZ, is transferring from Liberty to St Mary's (WCC). She'll have 3 years of eligibility left after sitting out.
https://smcgaels.com/news/2019/6/28/womens-basketball-wbb-gaels-welcome-transfer-amy-west-for-2019-2020-season.aspx
(Parenthetically, Liberty seems to have a great deal of trouble retaining its foreign recruits. I wonder about deceptive recruiting practices, and if so, perhaps Amy might have a case with the NCAA. Or maybe it's the atmosphere in Lynchburg.)



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
mzonefan



Joined: 15 Oct 2005
Posts: 3349
Location: Ann Arbor, MI


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/04/19 7:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Deja Church: Michigan->DePaul, “Sorry I’m late, but I am eligible to play this season. Thank you to the @NCAA for hearing my story. Big thank you to my support system for helping me through this process.”


ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 10100



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/04/19 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Actually there is. Just not P5, still significant enough

Amy West, 6'4 freshman F/C out of Palmerston North, NZ, is transferring from Liberty to St Mary's (WCC). She'll have 3 years of eligibility left after sitting out.
https://smcgaels.com/news/2019/6/28/womens-basketball-wbb-gaels-welcome-transfer-amy-west-for-2019-2020-season.aspx
(Parenthetically, Liberty seems to have a great deal of trouble retaining its foreign recruits. I wonder about deceptive recruiting practices, and if so, perhaps Amy might have a case with the NCAA. Or maybe it's the atmosphere in Lynchburg.)


St. Mary's is known for its welcoming atmosphere for Aussies and by extension, I guess, New Zealanders. And it's 3,000 miles closer to home. Plus Paul Thomas has done a very good job with the women's program, winning 20 games (or so) on a regular basis. They can't get past Gonzaga to get to the NCAA tournament, but that's hardly a disgrace.

And adding a 6-4 post could make a difference ...



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
elsie



Joined: 08 Apr 2016
Posts: 150



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/05/19 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

st mary 's has HAD a 6'4 behemoth for yrs....from Australia I believe....


ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 10100



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/05/19 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It was Louella Tomlinson, a 6-4 shotblocker who had the record for triple-doubles before Ionescu broke it.

But I guarantee Ionescu hasn't blocked 10 shots in a game ...



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4219
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/05/19 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sedona to Oregon. West coast rules!!!



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 12294
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/05/19 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Sedona to Oregon. West coast rules!!!


Yowza..... Shocked Good day for Ducks!



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
allenleavell



Joined: 28 Apr 2010
Posts: 676



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/05/19 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sedona Prince 6"7 Top 20 2018 recruit from Texas transfers to Oregon.
Watch out for the transfer waiver approval.
Check out @WomensHoopz’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/WomensHoopz/status/1147333591749337088?s=09


ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 10100



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/06/19 9:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

allenleavell wrote:
Sedona Prince 6"7 Top 20 2018 recruit from Texas transfers to Oregon.
Watch out for the transfer waiver approval.
Check out @WomensHoopz’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/WomensHoopz/status/1147333591749337088?s=09


If Phil Knight springs for a good lawyer, Prince is playing this fall ...



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 12294
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/06/19 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As a Duck fan, I kinda hope the waiver DOESN'T happen. Oregon doesn't *need* her for their (projected) success, and with their incoming classes, she'll fit in quite well to carry the legacy forward. I mean, ya, who DOESN'T wanna see their team pick up a talented recruit/transfer and have them play right away, but....the BellyAchin'n'Bitchin' from the haters almost isn't worth it. Rolling Eyes



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4219
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/06/19 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And Sedona Prince just sounds like a name that belongs in Oregon. It doesn't sound South Bend Indiana-ish or StorrsConnecticut-ish



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
mzonefan



Joined: 15 Oct 2005
Posts: 3349
Location: Ann Arbor, MI


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/06/19 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ali Patberg was granted a 6th year, so she can play two more at Indiana.


Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2679



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/07/19 8:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Antwainette Walker is apparently transferring from Arkansas-Little Rock to Marquette. She should have 3 years of eligibility left at Marquette. I assume she'll have to sit out the 19-20 season but am waiting to hear that for sure. Marquette has yet to announce her addition to the team - I just noticed her on the roster page a couple weeks ago.


NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4219
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/07/19 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Ali Patberg was granted a 6th year, so she can play two more at Indiana.


Indiana has a lot of young una on their team. Having her around for two more seasons will help provide some good direction. She'll also get to play with Danielle Patterson who also transferred in from South Bend. I don't believe their time at Notre Dame overlapped



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
taropatch



Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 610
Location: Kau Rubbish Dump


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/12/19 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tea Cooper to Baylor. Hmmm.
I guess Kim vetted the hell out of this girl and she will be given a third chance.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/27170839/cooper-transfers-south-carolina-baylor


NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4219
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/20/19 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Blessing Ejiofor has arrived at WVU after one year of JUCo and a frosh season at Vanderbilt the 6'5" post is one a possible 4 JUCOs who could join Mike a Carey's team for next season.

Only five players are returning to The mountaineers Who actually played any games last season. Weirdly enough one of these is Michigan transfer Kysre Gondrezik who is listed on the current roster but twice left the team during last season's play. Penn State/UCONN transfer de'Janae Boykin is also due to suit up for her final season.

Tynice Martin is the top player returning from last seasons team.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 5489
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/20/19 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Blessing Ejiofor has arrived at WVU after one year of JUCo and a frosh season at Vanderbilt the 6'5" post is one a possible 4 JUCOs who could join Mike a Carey's team for next season.

Only five players are returning to The mountaineers Who actually played any games last season. Weirdly enough one of these is Michigan transfer Kysre Gondrezik who is listed on the current roster but twice left the team during last season's play. Penn State/UCONN transfer de'Janae Boykin is also due to suit up for her final season.

Tynice Martin is the top player returning from last seasons team.


WVU is either going to be a complete mess or a force to be reckoned with. You just never know with them.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4219
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/21/19 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Blessing Ejiofor has arrived at WVU after one year of JUCo and a frosh season at Vanderbilt the 6'5" post is one a possible 4 JUCOs who could join Mike a Carey's team for next season.

Only five players are returning to The mountaineers Who actually played any games last season. Weirdly enough one of these is Michigan transfer Kysre Gondrezik who is listed on the current roster but twice left the team during last season's play. Penn State/UCONN transfer de'Janae Boykin is also due to suit up for her final season.

Tynice Martin is the top player returning from last seasons team.


WVU is either going to be a complete mess or a force to be reckoned with. You just never know with them.


Right? Martin is a nice piece around which to build, tho. She recovered slowly from her injury sustained a few years back with USA Basketball. And outside of Baylor, the rest of the XII is a question mark, they could end up second, they could end up last.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17978
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/30/19 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Akira Levy has joined the Vanderbilt women's basketball team as a transfer from Missouri in a return to her home state.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/27281853/guard-levy-transfers-vanderbilt-missouri


lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 8871
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/03/19 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tynice Martin Suspended Indefinitely

Quote:
Less than 24 hours before the WVU women’s basketball team is scheduled to depart for its overseas trip, the program announced senior guard Tynice Martin has been suspended indefinitely due to a violation of team rules.


FrozenLVFan



Joined: 08 Jul 2014
Posts: 1335



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/03/19 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Tynice Martin Suspended Indefinitely

Quote:
Less than 24 hours before the WVU women’s basketball team is scheduled to depart for its overseas trip, the program announced senior guard Tynice Martin has been suspended indefinitely due to a violation of team rules.


She should have entered the draft. The WNBA's tolerance of transgressions seems to be a lot higher than West Virginia's.


Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 12294
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/03/19 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Tynice Martin Suspended Indefinitely
Quote:
Less than 24 hours before the WVU women’s basketball team is scheduled to depart for its overseas trip, the program announced senior guard Tynice Martin has been suspended indefinitely due to a violation of team rules.

She should have entered the draft. The WNBA's tolerance of transgressions seems to be a lot higher than West Virginia's.

Shocked Laughing Laughing



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
elsie



Joined: 08 Apr 2016
Posts: 150



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/03/19 11:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so whats the over and under in how many players transfer out of oregon in the next year.....there is going to be several unhappy players.....

I hope recruits and their parents start getting their act together and know where they will get to actually play instead of riding the bench.....other coaches should use this as a recruiting tool.....go to oregon, expect to not play and sit out a year when you transfer...


Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 361
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/04/19 12:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

elsie wrote:
so whats the over and under in how many players transfer out of oregon in the next year.....there is going to be several unhappy players.....

I hope recruits and their parents start getting their act together and know where they will get to actually play instead of riding the bench.....other coaches should use this as a recruiting tool.....go to oregon, expect to not play and sit out a year when you transfer...


2019-2020 will be about Ionescu, Hebard, and the legacy they'll leave. This year's freshmen should already know that playing time may be hard to come by this year. Boley will be a redshirt junior, so maybe this is her last year at Oregon, too? (Via grad-transferring or turning pro early)

2020-2021 is when that 2016-size freshman class rolls in, and the freshmen/sophomores will play their way into either starting roles, the bench rotation, or scrubs.

Just my opinion, but it's the spring of 2021 that we'll start to see the hordes of transfers. Players will begin to realize they'll be at an uphill battle to be a starter/heavy contributor and thus transfer out, and then the following year more players will follow suit as well... and maybe so on.

I wonder how many members of the 2020 class kind of saw this coming and decided to try their luck at being a star here anyway, as well as how many didn't and still don't now. Up the road, Oregon State all of a sudden has particularly more 6'6+ centers than it can accommodate too. With Oregon, I see it becoming a west-coast version of Louisville in particular, even though this is kind of how it works once a program reaches that level where it'll at least garner mutual interest from all of the country's elite talent on an annual basis. Even UCONN with its short rosters has at least one transfer per year these days.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin