RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Lynx @ Sun - 7/06/19
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 07/06/19 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

one game a career makes now? Laughing

when the SUN needs a big shot, like in today's game, i pray it's not the PG taking it. you?

PostPosted: 07/06/19 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You think the Sparks would like to have O.Sims back Laughing 16p/5r/4a...Sure, Sims has her moments where she forces up a bad shot or commits a dumb turnover. but that comes with her aggressive style of play. Sims' positives definitely outweigh the negatives.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 07/06/19 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phee guarding Jones was great. Again loving her versatility. Able to hold the potential MVP to single digits Smile

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 07/06/19 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Hiedeman getting minutes.

And with that a Marquette player finally plays in a WNBA game. And yes I know that is meaningless to everyone else but it was fun for me to see her get in the game today Smile.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/06/19 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Phee guarding Jones was great. Again loving her versatility. Able to hold the potential MVP to single digits Smile

Breanna Stewart got held to single digits once last season

PostPosted: 07/06/19 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:

Jones is losing that potential by the game.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 07/06/19 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

agree. She appears to be hitting the wall...or flat out tired. Not enough support inside? She's really not built to guard bigs in this league. Anigwe works her butt off, but she gives up too many inches. They seemed to be fine without Chiney but now I'm not so sure.

- Amanda Gorman
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/06/19 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
one game a career makes now? Laughing

I said that? I was just trying to say that it was interesting time to make that statement when the PG who “can’t shoot” shot well today. And I’m not a J. Thomas fan. Laughing

Courtney Williams and Shekinna Stricklen have been the ones shooting awful during the Sun’s losing streak..

PostPosted: 07/06/19 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Conn down by 4 with 30 secs to play. Interesting that Banham is in instead of Streaky Strickland. Shekinnah has been hot all season.

Strickland has a better chance of getting a shot off than Banham. I am surprised Miller is sticking with Banham. Undersized, which isn't made up for with quickness, and a career 37.7% shooter. Chris Sienko was the GM when Banham was chosen #4 in 2016 but he may have gone with Miller's wish.

bballgrl

PostPosted: 07/06/19 11:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Conn down by 4 with 30 secs to play. Interesting that Banham is in instead of Streaky Strickland. Shekinnah has been hot all season.

I was thinking the same thing!! Strickland should have been on the floor and then the Sun could have won.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 07/06/19 11:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
And I’m not a J. Thomas fan. Laughing

Wink

PostPosted: 07/07/19 2:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

agree. She appears to be hitting the wall...or flat out tired. Not enough support inside? She's really not built to guard bigs in this league. Anigwe works her butt off, but she gives up too many inches. They seemed to be fine without Chiney but now I'm not so sure.

Tired is an interesting thought, they hadn't played for a week. But guess the team bonding/vacationing in New Orleans for a few days didn't do much for their focus and maybe backfired. Wonder whose idea it was?

PostPosted: 07/07/19 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Connecticut's problem is their roster is very rigid, with lots of flawed players that kind of sort of fit together as long as the starters are together but when one of them is off it all crumbles. There is basically 0 replaceability from the bench and it's not only because their bench players are all terrible now that Clarendon is out. Miller just doesn't have many options when the team needs a shakeup (keeping Banham over Brown is looking worse and worse Laughing )

NYSports56

PostPosted: 07/08/19 4:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:

It was awesome! Not just a potential MVP, but an MVP with a 5 inch height advantage down low in the post! I thought Reeve would take her off Jones after her 4th foul, but she guarded Jones any time the two of them were both on the court.

Everything Napheesa does makes me a bigger fan.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 07/08/19 6:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

It was awesome! Not just a potential MVP, but an MVP with a 5 inch height advantage down low in the post! I thought Reeve would take her off Jones after her 4th foul, but she guarded Jones any time the two of them were both on the court.

Everything Napheesa does makes me a bigger fan.

She is just proving people wrong. Who are those people? The people that ignored her for the best player in women's college basketball awards this past season. All the people that drafted players ahead of her in the draft.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: