RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

So the President F*cking Hates My Girlfriend
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
justintyme

PostPosted: 07/02/19 9:23 am    ::: So the President F*cking Hates My Girlfriend Reply Reply with quote

So the President F*cking Hates My Girlfriend

Quote:
Hi!! Sue here. This is my World Cup Semifinals preview. The title was supposed to be “So the President F*cking Hates My Girlfriend (and 10 Other Things I Want You to Know Before the World Cup Semifinals)” but we ran out of space. My bad. Thanks for reading. GO USWNT.

Quote:
I’m back!! I was done, I swear!! No, really, I SWEAR. Last year I broke my nose, and then I wrote about it, and then I seriously did think that was going to be it for me in the writing game. I remember telling my editor here something like, “It would take the President of the United States going on a hate-filled Twitter spree trolling my girlfriend while she was putting American soccer, women’s sports, equal pay, gay pride and TRUE LOVE on her back, all at once, scoring two majestic goals to lead Team USA to a thrilling victory over France and a place in the World Cup SEMIFINALS, for me to ever even think about writing again.” But I’m a woman of my word. So here I am.

PostPosted: 07/02/19 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess the day finally happened. As a TN fan I finally kind of like Sue Bird.

justintyme

PostPosted: 07/02/19 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jmpenn90 wrote:
I guess the day finally happened. As a TN fan I finally kind of like Sue Bird.

LOL! Yeah, this was a masters class in writing.

PostPosted: 07/02/19 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just saw this on a soccer message board. Wonderful!

On that board, there's been a predictable battle about Rapinoe and her National Anthem protests. One person--even after Rapinoe scored two goals for the U.S. in each of the last two games, the ONLY goals for the U.S.--continued to insist that she is "a distraction" for the U.S. team. I replied that I hope she continues to "distract" the team right through to winning the World Cup on Sunday.

stever

PostPosted: 07/02/19 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever

PostPosted: 07/02/19 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.si.com/wnba/2019/07/02/sue-bird-megan-rapinoe-donald-trump-world-cup

Quote:
"I was happy. I was crazy. I was PROUD. I was pretending to know about soccer. I was a little overwhelmed," Bird wrote about the U.S. win in the quarterfinals. "I was pretty damn American. And I was in love with Megan Rapinoe."

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 07/02/19 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rapinoe/Bird 2020 T-shirts are on sale!

https://twitter.com/carol_sundahl/status/1146120925307232257

Shades

PostPosted: 07/02/19 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why isn’t Rapinoe starting today?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
justintyme

PostPosted: 07/02/19 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Why isn’t Rapinoe starting today?

She's not warming up with the team and doesn't have shinguards on, so she might be hurt.

That would be the most likely reason they would sit her. There are some strategic reasons, but they seem flimsy at best, mostly revolving abournd having her fresh for the last 25 and making sure she is available if it were to go to PKs (when she starts, she gets subbed out a lot of the time). But I wouldn't really game plan around that...

So most likely hurt.

PostPosted: 07/02/19 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Or, Bronze has been the best player in the tournament and Press is a much better defender than Rapinoe

PostPosted: 07/02/19 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I rarely see Bird upset about anything.

PostPosted: 07/02/19 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rapinoe has a hamstring issue. (Same for Rose Lavelle.) Very unfortunate timing.

CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 07/02/19 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sue Bird’s piece sounds like it was written by Queenie. Laughing

miller40

PostPosted: 07/02/19 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Rapinoe has a hamstring issue. (Same for Rose Lavelle.) Very unfortunate timing.

She said she expects to be good to go on Sunday!

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 07/02/19 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:

She said she expects to be good to go on Sunday!

I'm hoping that's true. Sometimes athletes can get unrealistically optimistic about how quickly they can heal. Sunday would surely be Rapinoe's last-ever World Cup game. Cristen Press played wonderfully today in Rapinoe's place, but Rapinoe's emotional leadership of the team--and the outstanding job she does on corner kicks and penalty kicks--might mean a lot.

Genero36

PostPosted: 07/03/19 8:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Women's World Cup 2019: Megan Rapinoe says she'll be ready for final after sitting out vs. England with injury

Quote:
"I'll be ready," Rapinoe told Fox Sports after the Americans defeated England 2-1 to advance to the finals. "It's hard three days on the bounce in this old body."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/fifa-womens-world-cup/womens-world-cup-2019-megan-rapinoe-says-shell-be-ready-for-final-after-sitting-out-vs-england-with-injury/ar-AADL8UW

PostPosted: 07/03/19 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bardsley being out was a hell of a lot more important than Rapinoe missing the game. [/offtopic(ish)] #StillBitter

PostPosted: 07/05/19 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well its only fair. She hated him first before he knew about her (and for very good reasons). Razz

Doesn't take much for him to hate anything. If he knew who I was and how I feel about him, his administration, his supporters, his Mitch and his Lindsey, he'd hate me too.
jmpenn90

PostPosted: 07/05/19 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
Well its only fair. She hated him first before he knew about her (and for very good reasons). Razz

Doesn't take much for him to hate anything. If he knew who I was and how I feel about him, his administration, his supporters, his Mitch and his Lindsey, he'd hate me too.

Well he doesn’t have to know you by name to hate you. You are just one of the millions of haters or losers he tweets about like me. Smile

bcdawg04

PostPosted: 07/06/19 12:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

'Deeply American' Rapinoe Calls For America To 'Strive To Be Better'

Quote:
"I know that I'm not perfect. But I think that I stand for honesty and for truth and for wanting to have the conversation; looking at the country honestly and saying yes, we are a great country, and there are many things that are so amazing and I feel very fortunate to be in this country.

"I would never be able to do this in a lot of other places. But also: that doesn't mean that we can't get better. It doesn't mean that we shouldn't always strive to be better.

"I think that this country was founded on a lot of good ideals, but it was also founded on slavery.

"And I think we just need to be really honest about that and be really open in talking about that, so we can reconcile that and hopefully move forward and make this country better for everyone."

I would say that an unwillingness to have the conversation about making the country better for everyone in hopes of protecting one's own privilege is un-American.

From Rapinoe, to Bird, to Krieger, I love seeing this play out on the world's stage. Megan Rapinoe is the American hero that we need in 2019.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/06/19 12:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bcdawg04 wrote:
Megan Rapinoe is the American hero that we need in 2019.

I was thinking more along the lines of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Genero36

PostPosted: 07/07/19 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="1627" height="656" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2RfFooxIBA0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RfFooxIBA0

PostPosted: 07/07/19 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing

PostPosted: 07/07/19 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

On a soccer site I've been reading, there's been a thread about Rapinoe and the controversy over the National Anthem. After the 2-0 victory over Spain, where Rapinoe scored the only two goals, one person insisted--with absolutely no evidence--that Rapinoe was "a distraction" to the team.

Then came the game against France. The U.S. won, 2-1. Rapinoe again had the only U.S. goals. And again, after the game, this same person insisted--with absolutely no evidence--that Rapinoe was "a distraction" to the team. So I replied that Rapinoe had just "distracted" the U.S. to two victories, scoring all four goals, and I hoped she'd "distract" the team all the way to winning the World Cup.

Now she has. And I posted that on that board after the game. So far no response about what a "distraction" she's been. Smile

justintyme

PostPosted: 07/07/19 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, that Golden Boot and Golden Ball is kind of distracting...

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: