RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

"Straight Pride Parade" Clears First Hurdle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 06/27/19 2:12 pm    ::: "Straight Pride Parade" Clears First Hurdle Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
The organizers of Boston's proposed "Straight Pride Parade" this summer announced their public event application was approved by the city Wednesday, reports CBS Boston. And the group claims there is already a date set.

The organization Super Happy Fun America, which claims to advocate "on behalf of the straight community in order to foster respect... and alliances with people from all walks of life," is planning the event to celebrate "Straight Pride," according to its website.

The group's president John Hugo said they had been told they can hold the parade Aug. 31 at a press conference outside of City Hall Wednesday, reports CBS Boston. The date is also listed on the parade's information page.

Quote:
The route begins in roughly the same location as June's Boston Pride Parade -- Copley Square. "It will be a one-day event consisting of a parade followed by a flag raising ceremony," writes the group.

The site claims the parade will be free and open to the public. "All are welcome," reads the event's description. "Antifa (short for Anti-Fun) is not welcome because they oppose happiness and fun."

Conservative commentator Milo Yiannopoulos will be the grand marshal — and mascot for the parade, according to the group's website.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/straight-pride-parade-clears-first-hurdle-to-proposed-event/ar-AADtZX6?ocid=mailsignout

PostPosted: 06/27/19 3:06 pm    ::: Re: "Straight Pride Parade" Clears First Hurdle Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

The organization Super Happy Fun America, which claims to advocate ". . . alliances with people from all walks of life,"

Milo Yiannopoulos will be the grand marshal — and mascot for the parade

All walks of life describes Milo, who is openly gay and entitled his college speaking tour as "The Dangerous Faggot Tour".

Sounds like fun. I grew up in New York City, which always had all sorts of competing ethnic and political parades. Irish. Italian. Puerto Rican. MLK/Black. Cinco de Mayo. Chinese. Israeli. Persian. Philippine. German-American Steuben. Korean. Pulaski (Polish). Teachers. Cops. Fireman. Mermaids. Topless.

There were probably always a few incidents, but mostly everyone respected each other . . . and ate, drank and were merry. Or just ignored it.
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/27/19 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you, SHFA! I'm very concerned about the disrespect towards, and general lack of representation of, the straight lifestyle in society today. It's no longer literally everywhere I look & listen, and that is a slippery slope towards complete extinction.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 06/27/19 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's the inclusive party spirit, Luuuc! And in that spirit, lets also tip our Aussie outback hats to the Adelaide Christmas Pageant parade, the second largest of its kind in the world, since Christmas is on the slippery slope to complete extinction.
StevenHW

PostPosted: 06/27/19 6:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The parade's website...
https://www.superhappyfunamerica.com/

Milo Yiannopoulos is the parade's Grand Marshal! Rolling Eyes

Quote:
The most censored and most lied about man in the world is the Grand Marshal of the Straight Pride Parade. He has spent his entire career advocating for the rights of America's most brutally repressed identity - straight people.

PostPosted: 06/27/19 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hopefully some light-hearted trolls can at least enjoy the event, because seriously yikes wtf

justintyme

PostPosted: 06/27/19 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
The parade's website...
https://www.superhappyfunamerica.com/

Milo Yiannopoulos is the parade's Grand Marshal! Rolling Eyes

Quote:
The most censored and most lied about man in the world is the Grand Marshal of the Straight Pride Parade. He has spent his entire career advocating for the rights of America's most brutally repressed identity - straight people.

I mean, that site is so over-the-top it would come off as satire if I didn't know better.

But he kind of has a point, you know?

I know my life as a straight person is very difficult. When I came out as straight to my parents I wasn't sure how they were going to take it. Luckily, they were quite supportive. Unfortunately the same could not be said for my grandparents, and we haven't spoken since. My hid my straightness from my church and all my church friends for a long time, but I was outed by a cousin. I was told that it was okay to have these "straight" feelings, but that it was a sin to act on them. But they do love me, just not who I am. This meant I had to find a new church and lost all my old friends who couldn't accept me. Yes, life is tough for the most brutally repressed identity, us straight people.

PostPosted: 06/27/19 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You're really not doing us any favours the way you downplay just how brutal it really is.

justintyme

PostPosted: 06/27/19 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
You're really not doing us any favours the way you downplay just how brutal it really is.

Yeah, I didn't want to go into detail about my experiences with conversation therapy where my Church used many different aversion techniques to try and pray the straight out of me. I also didn't want to go into detail about the numerous straight people who have been victims of beatings or worse because of rampant heterophobia present in today's society.

I mean, it wasn't even until a few years ago that us straight people could legally marry in the United States. Not to mention that in some places around the world being straight is still punishable by death.

PostPosted: 06/29/19 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Yeah, I didn't want to go into detail about my experiences with conversation therapy where my Church used many different aversion techniques to try and pray the straight out of me.

Silly ducks. Why didn't they just keep it simple and send you to a couple of Broadway shows? Or let you play with Barbie Dolls, or maybe watch some Liberace concerts? THAT mighta fixed ya! Razz

PostPosted: 07/03/19 3:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At least we could finally get married, although it was pretty hard to find a bakery that would make us a cake.

Genero36

PostPosted: 08/06/19 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Organizer's gay son opposes 'Straight Pride' event
Quote:
Matthew Mason, 28, of Turlock, California, is scheduled to address the Modesto City Council on Wednesday to oppose the National Straight Pride Coalition's application for a permit to host a Straight Pride event on Aug. 24 at the Mancini Bowl in Modesto's Graceada Park. The event would celebrate "heterosexuality," "masculinity," "femininity" and "babies, born and unborn."

While Modesto City Council members don't actually approve or deny such permits, according to The Modesto Bee — that's the job of city staff — Mason, who is gay, is hoping that his perspective as the adopted son of one of the event's organizers will still make an impression with the city.

Mason's adoptive mother, Mylinda Mason, is one of the event's organizers. The two are estranged because he is gay.

Quote:
Mylinda Mason denied that she was a white supremacist. "We are the only nation in the world that has had the black man and the white man stand side by side to free their brothers from slavery," she said. "It's a beautiful testimony to the liberty under union."

"Like I told the media in the past, to sensationalize it is good for selling newspapers, but it's going to be much like a church service," whose purpose, she said, was to celebrate "life."

"That is, to celebrate all of life," Mason said, "Under the order of our creator, begins with heterosexuality, masculinity, femininity, babies born and unborn, Western civilization, our wonderful country, and Christianity — really all of life — it's a celebration of all of life." She then quoted Psalms 44:8 — "In God we make our boast all day long, and we will praise your name forever."

"I think that the word 'pride' has been stolen, if you will, or hijacked by the evil one, and I want to say that we are taking pride in our God almighty, in our creator, and in his order."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/organizers-gay-son-opposes-straight-pride-event/ar-AAFqDwg?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=mailsignout

PostPosted: 08/06/19 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TIL: "All of Life" is defined as those who share the same fundamental beliefs and culture as me.

And fetuses.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: