RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

NCAA to Change Transfer Regs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 06/26/19 9:11 am    ::: NCAA to Change Transfer Regs Reply Reply with quote

Let the bitching begin, or stop, depending on which side of the fence you are on!!!!!! Laughing

Quote:
The NCAA Division I council is expected to approve a package of new guidelines that could make it more difficult for college football and basketball players who transfer to receive immediate eligibility via waivers, according to a document obtained by USA TODAY Sports.

The council is scheduled to meet Wednesday in Indianapolis to review the updated guidelines and directives, which in many cases appear to specify and narrow the circumstances in which athletes should be given waivers and raise the documentation requirements to obtain them. Compliance staffs at Division I schools were made aware of the proposals last week.

The new guidelines are not rules....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/columnist/dan-wolken/2019/06/26/ncaas-changes-transfer-guidelines-limit-immediate-eligibility/1569260001/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
ClayK

PostPosted: 06/26/19 9:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No matter what they do, those who have the resources to lawyer up will have a much, much better chance of getting a waiver than those who don't.

PostPosted: 06/26/19 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow, this is an eye-opener for me. In October 2018 I researched and posted a thread on all the official NCAA D1 Bylaws that relate to waiving the one-year sit-out requirement for transfers, but noted that "[t]here could be other exceptions to the residency requirement lurking in ambiguous language in the Regs . . . ."

Indeed, there is a veritable mountain of "guidelines" relating to waivers that lurk not in the Bylaws themselves, but in separate documents produced by one NCAA committee. This new information (to me) requires me to update my October 2018 analysis. I'll summarize these sit-out waiver "guidelines" in a new thread here after I have time to digest the mountain. They do seem to shed more light on cases such as Jessica Shepard and Andra Espinoza-Hunter. The guideline tweak reported in the USA Today article is just the tip of the mountain.
summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/26/19 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sounds like so much bafflegab (or maybe babblegab) to me. I foresee that those what has, gets, and those what doesn't, doesn't. Same as before.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: