RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Minnesota Lynx 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lynxmania

PostPosted: 06/09/19 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
Jeez isn’t this the second one of her career.

Yeah. She tore her ACL in her left knee in high school.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/09/19 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
Jeez isn’t this the second one of her career.

Yeah, did the other knee in high school: http://www.espn.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/12103824/jessica-shepard-tears-acl-fellow-elite-prospects-send-support . Probably part of why she seemed to know exactly what it was right after it happened.

PostPosted: 06/09/19 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lynx have been very fortunate over the years since about 2013 when I started to follow them in regards to injuries. I can’t remember too many injuries that were season ending besides Brunson last season. Get well soon Jessica.

PostPosted: 06/09/19 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Really a shame after such a promising start (and before she gets to make any proper money overseas, too). As a player who wasn't exactly reliant on quickness, hopefully she can make a full recovery and be back for next season.

Sadly makes her the next contestant in the off-season face of the franchise sweepstakes. So she'll make a little cash sticking around MN to rehab and make some appearances.

PostPosted: 06/09/19 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Shepard has a torn ACL. Out for season. Damn.

Damnit. Sad

PostPosted: 06/10/19 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Really a shame after such a promising start (and before she gets to make any proper money overseas, too). As a player who wasn't exactly reliant on quickness, hopefully she can make a full recovery and be back for next season.

4.8 points
5.7 rebounds
3.5 assists

(6 games, 18.7 minutes per game)

Really great use of her passing ability as a post player and her ability to contribute in other areas besides scoring. Hope she comes back even better next year.

myrtle

PostPosted: 06/10/19 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm surprised a little. I saw it buckle a bit, but didn't look nearly as bad as most that I've seen. Was hoping for 'just' a sprain. Hate those 3 letters. Hope she recovers as fast as possible.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 06/10/19 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With the Shepard injury, Collier will be getting more minutes at PF, at least until F@gbenle comes back.
https://lynx.wnba.com/news/practice-report-changing-up-the-offense-adjusting-to-shepards-injury/

Quote:
Collier’s role will change with the injury to Shepard. Going forward, at least until the return of Temi Fagbenle, Collier will be the team’s third post player, after transitioning to the three in training camp. Switching positions for the second time in just a few weeks isn’t easy, but Collier is up for the challenge.

“She didn’t catch on right away, she thought it was just an occasional sub at the four, it’s like, ‘No, you’re like the third post.’ She’s got a lot to learn still, pick and roll defense is very different than what she’s been playing as a perimeter player, but she’ll learn fast,” said Reeve.

The biggest change for Collier will come on defense, where she’ll be asked to defend bigger players rather than quicker ones. Collier’s adjustment to the small forward demonstrated her ability to stay in front of WNBA small-forwards. Now, she will have to try to translate that success to post defense

Something happened to Reeve. The Lynx offense has been stagnant. Reeve recently alluded to Patterson being the offensive coach. So she was possibly glibly blaming her. In past seasons, Reeve tended to throw players under the bus after a loss. But in this article, Reeve actually blames herself in a couple ways. SpaceJunkie and the resident Reeve PR may want to take a seat as to not pass out.

Quote:
“We’re kind of changing what we’re doing in terms of what we’ve been focused on. I’ve been a bad coach offensively since the start of training camp,” she said. “It was better today offensively and I’m hopeful we can carry it on.”

Many of the Lynx’s turnovers have come on entry passes to Sylvia Fowles. While getting the ball to Fowles remains an important element of Minnesota’s game plan, they have to stop forcing it inside when the pass isn’t there. That will require Fowles to adjust, but once everyone gets on the same page, they’ll all be better off when their too-low lob passes aren’t being picked off.

Quote:
Reeve takes the blame for that—she said that she has been too impatient with Robinson, playing her in short stints too much and being too irritable with her. For the Lynx to reach their potential it’s important for them to put Robinson in positions to succeed.

I did a bad job coaching her, first thing. Like I said today I think reflects a little bit more to her strengths. Her playing short minutes and the way that I coached her was awful,” said Reeve. “Lexie (Brown) was playing well and obviously we have a lot of trust in Odyssey (Sims), but at the end of the day I can’t coach anybody the way I coached Danielle the last game.”

Who is this person? Shocked Did Reeve go to a sports psychologist or something?

The irritable part is never good. I hate it when she’s irritable to the greatest basketball player in the world. But the odd thing is I thought she did the right thing by benching DRob. Brown was going off. She needed to be on the floor. Unless Reeve was thinking she needed to take minutes away from Sims. But Sims is more versatile than DRob.🤔

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 06/10/19 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so mid-game collier will be asked to play 3 and 4, or she's now just a 4?

justintyme

PostPosted: 06/10/19 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:

She will spend time at both positions, depending on the player set. Sort of like Maya did in years past.

PostPosted: 06/10/19 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:

I’m guessing she’ll still start at the 3 until Christmas proves to be the better option, then she’ll be the PF when Dantas needs to be off the floor or when Dantas is subbing for Fowles.

I’m guessing everybody in the post and SF positions should see at least a little uptick in minutes.

toad455

PostPosted: 06/10/19 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They still have Coates & Ting for now. If Christmas is still out, it leaves them with just 9.

PG: Robinson/Brown
SG: Sims/Ting
SF: Collier/Talbot
PF: Dantas/[Collier]
C: Fowles/Coates
IR: Christmas-Kelly, Augustus, Shepard

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/10/19 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To me this makes it feel a little bit like Shao Ting is on a no-cut list for PR/political/whatever reasons, at least until Zandalasini shows up. Because they clearly wanted Collier to become primarily a 3, and they were clear on that from the start. Now you're screwing about with that, despite Shepard being hurt, Fagbenle being MIA, and Christmas-Kelly being gone for the moment as well (another player who can play some emergency 4). Cutting Ting for Post Player X seems like the move to me, even if you ultimately end up using Collier there more.

It could be another month until Fagbenle shows up, and Reeve clearly doesn't trust Coates yet which leaves them even shorter. Plus Fowles isn't playing anywhere near her optimum level and could probably do with playing less, not having to up her minutes because there's nobody else.

PostPosted: 06/10/19 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
They still have Coates & Ting for now. If Christmas is still out, it leaves them with just 9.

PG: Robinson/Brown
SG: Sims/Ting
SF: Collier/Talbot
PF: Dantas/[Collier]
C: Fowles/Coates
IR: Christmas-Kelly, Augustus, Shepard

I don't see how they have any other choice but to use Collier at both the 3 and the 4 until some players get back.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/10/19 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Christmas was out for personal reasons, she’s been cleared to play already.

If Fowles has to play more, she has to play more. Now’s not the time to be babying players.

SDHoops

PostPosted: 06/10/19 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really have grown to like Jess, she really had some promising moments so far this season! She definitely has a future in this league, that's for sure!

RavenDog

PostPosted: 06/11/19 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Was loving that Notre Dame/UConn connection too.

How about giving Gustafson a 7 day tryout. She was cut from Dallas the last day. She was voted college player of year - she has the physicality - give her a tryout.

Can Minnesota legally access her?

Shades

PostPosted: 06/11/19 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/E3hhM1k_DiI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/x9rMavF2Z4w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 06/11/19 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Christmas was out for personal reasons, she’s been cleared to play already.

If Fowles has to play more, she has to play more. Now’s not the time to be babying players.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 06/11/19 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Something happened to Reeve. The Lynx offense has been stagnant. Reeve recently alluded to Patterson being the offensive coach. So she was possibly glibly blaming her. In past seasons, Reeve tended to throw players under the bus after a loss. But in this article, Reeve actually blames herself in a couple ways. SpaceJunkie and the resident Reeve PR may want to take a seat as to not pass out.

Who is this person? Shocked Did Reeve go to a sports psychologist or something?

The irritable part is never good. I hate it when she’s irritable to the greatest basketball player in the world. But the odd thing is I thought she did the right thing by benching DRob. Brown was going off. She needed to be on the floor. Unless Reeve was thinking she needed to take minutes away from Sims. But Sims is more versatile than DRob.🤔

Not a surprise that you cannot compliment Reeve without multiple attacks/criticisms of her. Before the season started, you were ripping her for the roster. yet Minnesota, in spite of everything, has started 4-2.

Devereaux Peters discusses how knowledgeable and incredibly smart Reeve is a coach in this week's "Around the Rim" podcast, FYI.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 06/17/19 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Three reasons for optimism for Minnesota Lynx
Jared Hines (High Post Hoops)

https://highposthoops.com/2019/06/17/lynx-just-small-moves-away-from-being-back-on-top/

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 06/25/19 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is it time to worry about the Minnesota Lynx’s turnovers?
Jenn Hatfield (High Post hoops)

https://highposthoops.com/2019/06/25/minnesota-lynx-turnovers-sylvia-fowles-cheryl-reeve/

Shades

PostPosted: 06/25/19 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Not a surprise that you cannot compliment Reeve without multiple attacks/criticisms of her.

What’s with the oversensitivity and self righteousness? Attack? That was an attack? The only thing that’s an attack here is your mischaracterizations. I just pointed out that it’s unusual for Reeve to take responsibility for any Lynx failings. I’ve seen most of the post games and post practices, so I’m the perfect one to trust on this issue. Taking responsibility was a breakthrough of sorts for Reeve, but I doubt it’ll last. Reeve’s too much of an old dog to change now.

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Before the season started, you were ripping her for the roster.

I know it’s above the homer in yourself to process and understand why anyone would offer critical analysis of their own team. I’m highly competitive and want the team to win. I’m going to have a lot to say about my team, just like many others do about their teams. This shouldn’t be confusing to you. This is what we do here. That’s what real sports fans do everywhere.

Besides, “ripping” on this year’s roster is yet another mischaracterization of yours. Maybe you’re confusing this season with last season? Part-timers can get confused with timelines. It was a very painless offseason, unlike last year. I loved the Dantas acquisition. In fact, I proposed it myself early on. Reeve did a slick job of getting Dantas the way she did, and I said as much. In fact in another forum, I rated Reeve’s overall GM performance this season as an A-. Last year she got an F.

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
yet Minnesota, in spite of everything, has started 4-2.

Something else you missed. I was one of the few to project the Lynx would finish with a better record than last season. That was an early projection too. It was a gutsy call considering Maya was sitting out, but I made it.

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Devereaux Peters discusses how knowledgeable and incredibly smart Reeve is a coach in this week's "Around the Rim" podcast, FYI.

Oh brother. That’s the difference between you and me. I can come up with my own opinions by following the league and especially my team closely. You need references or else you’re lost. Maybe in hindsight Peters realized Reeve was a good coach trying to push Peters to be better, maybe not. But at the time Peters was with Minnesota, she wasn’t all that respectful of Reeve as demonstrated through her social media.

Is Reeve smart? No doubt. Is she perfect? Not even close. That’s why she could use all the input she can get to help her process all the data she needs to. Every coach and GM needs help. If they think they’re above it, they probably aren’t the best.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 06/25/19 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I heard the Devereaux Peters endorsement of Reeve. Maybe she didn't appreciate it when she was there, but it sure sounded like she now believes that Reeves insight into the game is in the stratosphere and close to unique. It sounded to me like she meant it sincerely and wasn't just mouthing platitudes to be diplomatic.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 06/25/19 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades, I had to laugh at your entire post.

First, you mischaracterize your prior posts. Then you take issue with someone not sharing your blatant mischaracterization. Then you go back and blame the reader(s) for not clearly understanding your intent, claiming they were mischaracterizing things. Almost sounds like the President Trump playbook.

You can come up with your own opinions? Yes, you can. Are they fact-based? Likely not. Do you have to attack other people as part of your opinions, including other posts? Absolutely (hundreds of examples in this forum). Are they well-founded or supported? Also a question mark.

I need references? No, I believe in facts, evidentiary support, foundation, etc. Your feelings are not facts, not matter how many time you try to tell everyone else on the board.

And this is not counting the dozens of posts where journalists/reporters wrote an article and you claimed they stole your ideas.

As for the Peters comment, it is hilarious that a person who *actually* played for her having an opinion different than yours is something to attack (not to mention the person who posted the link). But please, tell us again how Devereaux Peters is wrong with her opinions. Tell us again how she behaved and what she thought. I mean, clearly you must know better than Devereaux Peters herself.

I will just assume (assumption, based on your hundreds of posts demonstrating this) that your ego so fragile that you cannot handle when people have different opinions or you are just blatantly wrong. If that is the case, feel free to start your own message board, where your feelings can be facts, no one will ever try to confuse you with statistics, information, foundation for arguments, etc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 28 of 31

Jump to: