RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Let the Transfers Begin! And other Attrition/injury 2018-19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 06/21/19 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
CHSHog wrote:
Ladyvol777 wrote:
Levy announced that she is transferring to Vanderbilt.

Considering that she said her motive for leaving Mizzou was to play for an up-tempo team, moving to Vandy seems ... curious?

Really.......moving to the basement of the SEC?!?!?!? Well, at least she gets a decent education, not that there's anything wrong with the EDUCATION at Mizzou, or at least there wasn't when the last of my cousins was there......

Akira Levy is from Tennessee.

Levy is a two-time Tennessee Class AA Miss Basketball.

She was named The Tennessean 2018 Girls Basketball Player of the Year after leading the Lady Bees to their second straight Class AA state championship.

Levy will be reunited with multiple former Tennessee Flight AAU teammates at Vanderbilt, including sophomores Brinae Alexander and Jordyn Cambridge.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/06/20/akira-levy-transfers-vanderbilt-basketball-missouri-tigers/1516607001/

summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/21/19 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
CHSHog wrote:
Ladyvol777 wrote:
Levy announced that she is transferring to Vanderbilt.

Considering that she said her motive for leaving Mizzou was to play for an up-tempo team, moving to Vandy seems ... curious?

Really.......moving to the basement of the SEC?!?!?!? Well, at least she gets a decent education, not that there's anything wrong with the EDUCATION at Mizzou, or at least there wasn't when the last of my cousins was there......

She was named The Tennessean 2018 Girls Basketball Player of the Year after leading the Lady Bees to their second straight Class AA state championship.

Levy will be reunited with multiple former Tennessee Flight AAU teammates at Vanderbilt, including sophomores Brinae Alexander and Jordyn Cambridge.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/06/20/akira-levy-transfers-vanderbilt-basketball-missouri-tigers/1516607001/

Maybe, but Vandy remains in the basement, has BEEN in the basement since Balcomb days, has STAYED in the basement for White's entire tenure, and has continued to have multiple transfers out. Gotta show me. People whine about Tennessee, but Vandy is in dire straits, and it has nothing to do with their academic standards. If that were the case, Stanford and Northwestern would also suck, and they don't.

PostPosted: 06/21/19 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Maybe, but Vandy remains in the basement, has BEEN in the basement since Balcomb days, has STAYED in the basement for White's entire tenure, and has continued to have multiple transfers out. Gotta show me. People whine about Tennessee, but Vandy is in dire straits, and it has nothing to do with their academic standards. If that were the case, Stanford and Northwestern would also suck, and they don't.

She is from Tennessee, has friends and former teammates at Vanderbilt, and gets to attend an elite academic institution, with a scholarship to play sports. Unclear why this is difficult to understand or why she (or anyone) has to "show" you, especially considering the W/L record of the particular institution may not be the first (or second or third) reason for choosing the school.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 06/21/19 10:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I find it difficult to criticize the decision of a young woman who is about to trade her basketball skills for a degree from a highly regarded institution like Vanderbilt, particularly when that degree would have cost her $260K out of pocket.

CHSHog

PostPosted: 06/22/19 9:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
I find it difficult to criticize the decision of a young woman who is about to trade her basketball skills for a degree from a highly regarded institution like Vanderbilt, particularly when that degree would have cost her $260K out of pocket.

I’m not criticizing her decision. If she’s going to be happy at Vandy, more power to her. My point was that her stated reason for leaving Mizzou was to play a more uptempo style. I don’t consider Vandy to be an uptempo team, or at least they haven’t been so far under White. Maybe that will change...

PostPosted: 06/22/19 11:27 am    ::: Re: Te'a to Baylor Strong Possibility Reply Reply with quote

Mystic4Ever wrote:
Just saw a post on one of the Baylor Player's social media with Dwight Howard at the Ferrell Center.

I'm almost certain that means Te'a is going to be a Lady Bear!

Speculation that Kim will add both Cooper and DeGrate as grad transfers.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 06/23/19 10:46 am    ::: Re: Te'a to Baylor Strong Possibility Reply Reply with quote

Mystic4Ever wrote:
Just saw a post on one of the Baylor Player's social media with Dwight Howard at the Ferrell Center.

I'm almost certain that means Te'a is going to be a Lady Bear!

Pass the popcorn, please.

ucbart

PostPosted: 06/24/19 10:48 am    ::: Re: Te'a to Baylor Strong Possibility Reply Reply with quote

WOAH! Rauol is reporting that Jordan Nixon is in the transfer portal. Anyone know?

CBiebel

PostPosted: 06/24/19 11:09 pm    ::: Re: Te'a to Baylor Strong Possibility Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
WOAH! Rauol is reporting that Jordan Nixon is in the transfer portal. Anyone know?

Apparently yes, which really surprised me.

https://www.ndinsider.com/basketball/womens/notre-dame-point-guard-nixon-to-transfer/article_8dcff330-eee5-511f-a087-83ce2288cb1c.html

She seemed to start out well, but after some injuries (including a concussion (or at least concussion protocol)) that sidelined her for quite a few games she didn't seem quite the same. I was surprised that she didn't get more playing time later in the season.

ND's upcoming season just keeps getting more and more interesting, particularly in the Chinese proverb/curse way...

ucbart

PostPosted: 06/25/19 8:46 am    ::: Re: Te'a to Baylor Strong Possibility Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
ucbart wrote:

https://www.ndinsider.com/basketball/womens/notre-dame-point-guard-nixon-to-transfer/article_8dcff330-eee5-511f-a087-83ce2288cb1c.html

She seemed to start out well, but after some injuries (including a concussion (or at least concussion protocol)) that sidelined her for quite a few games she didn't seem quite the same. I was surprised that she didn't get more playing time later in the season.

ND's upcoming season just keeps getting more and more interesting, particularly in the Chinese proverb/curse way...

As of right now, how many players does ND have for next year?

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 06/25/19 1:40 pm    ::: Re: Te'a to Baylor Strong Possibility Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
CBiebel wrote:

I believe ND has nine players for next year...

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 06/25/19 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Izqbella Nicolette will sit out 2019-20 due to an injury to her left knee. She missed Last season, her freshman year for the Noles, due to an injury to her right knee.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 06/25/19 11:21 pm    ::: Re: Te'a to Baylor Strong Possibility Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
CBiebel wrote:

I believe ND has nine players for next year...

That is correct, but one is a walk-on that received a scholarship for this upcoming season (Cole).

Two grad transfers: Marta Sniezek and Destinee Walker

Three sophomores: Mikayla Vaughn, Abby Prohaska and Danielle Cosgrove

Three freshmen: Kaitlyn Gilbert, Anaya Peoples and Sam Brunelle

Note that Destinee Walker may petition for 2 more years, and Vaughn and Gilbert red-shirted because of injuries, so I listed the class with whom they will graduate.

ucbart

PostPosted: 06/26/19 8:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Izqbella Nicolette will sit out 2019-20 due to an injury to her left knee. She missed Last season, her freshman year for the Noles, due to an injury to her right knee.

Man-that sucks. I loved her enthusiasm and interview at the McDonald's game last year.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 06/26/19 10:45 am    ::: Re: Te'a to Baylor Strong Possibility Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
ucbart wrote:

Nixon may see herself being recruited over and transferred over. There are so many guards on Notre Dame. Remaining are Kaitlyn Cole, Katlyn Gilbert, Abby Prohaska and Nicole Benz. Being graduate transferred in by Muffet are Marta Sniezek from Stanford and Destinee Walker from UNC. Coming into the freshman class is HS AA Anaya Peoples.
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 07/02/19 2:31 pm    ::: Re: Te'a to Baylor Strong Possibility Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
ucbart wrote:

Nixon may see herself being recruited over and transferred over. There are so many guards on Notre Dame. Remaining are Kaitlyn Cole, Katlyn Gilbert, Abby Prohaska and Nicole Benz. Being graduate transferred in by Muffet are Marta Sniezek from Stanford and Destinee Walker from UNC. Coming into the freshman class is HS AA Anaya Peoples.

Jordan Nixon to A&M

bullsky

PostPosted: 07/09/19 8:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sedona Prince chose Oregon. Oregon is legit loaded.

PostPosted: 07/11/19 5:15 pm    ::: Te'a Cooper to Baylor Reply Reply with quote

https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-womens-basketball/article232568317.html

myrtle

PostPosted: 07/11/19 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
Sedona Prince chose Oregon. Oregon is legit loaded.

but she's sitting out this year.

- Amanda Gorman
summertime blues

PostPosted: 07/12/19 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Reminding y'all that we now have a NEW thread for 2019/20, please go there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37
Page 37 of 37

Jump to: