50%  [ 10 ]
Sun
50%
 50%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 20

NYSports56

PostPosted: 06/12/19 2:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
Every time I see Ariel Atkins, I wonder how the hell was she not an All-American while in college?

Did you watch her in any of the games this season before this one? She was a completely different player. I thought that tonight was the first time she showed what she could do this season. Last game, she didn't score at all. I don't know anything about college sports, but maybe she was inconsistent in college too?

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 06/12/19 6:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
Every time I see Ariel Atkins, I wonder how the hell was she not an All-American while in college?

Did you watch her in any of the games this season before this one? She was a completely different player. I thought that tonight was the first time she showed what she could do this season. Last game, she didn't score at all. I don't know anything about college sports, but maybe she was inconsistent in college too?

I watched Atkins play at Texas. She showed good consistency with her jump shot and she displayed the athleticism to excel in the WNBA. BUT, she did not play at the high level that she is performing at now. I wonder if Aston was holding her back? Shocked

PostPosted: 06/12/19 7:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
9 FGA in 34 minutes for Delle Donne... That's it, that's the game right there. Need more from our best player against a team like Connecticut.

It's the knee. She's still adjusting to the brace. Remember she didn't play in season opener because of it.

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!

PostPosted: 06/12/19 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
NYSports56 wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

I watched Atkins play at Texas. She showed good consistency with her jump shot and she displayed the athleticism to excel in the WNBA. BUT, she did not play at the high level that she is performing at now. I wonder if Aston was holding her back? Shocked

Brooke McCarty was Big 12 Player Of The Year when she and Atkins were juniors, so Brooke was technically the star of the team. McCarty ran the show as PG, and she did a lot of scoring herself. Texas also had another quality shooter in Lashann Higgs. So, the perimeter scoring was sort of evenly distributed in Atkin's senior year -- although she was the leading scorer. Previous to that, you also had to consider "star" post players like Imani McGee and Joyner Holmes, who was really good as a freshman. Atkins seems like an unselfish player who doesn't have that star mentality. Thibault said he had to push her to shoot at the beginning of last season.

PostPosted: 06/12/19 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:
"Head coach Curt Miller has called Bridgette Carlson a 'swiss army knife'"

Carlson is a Canadian. Off the top of my head I can think of Achonwa, Sutton-Brown, Nurse and Schumacher-Raimon as Canadians who have made a WNBA team.

Natalie Achonwa
Jordan Adams
Kayla Alexander
Miranda Ayim
Kelly Boucher
Stacey Dales
Nirra Fields
Amber Hall
Ruth Hamblin
MerleLynn Lange-Harris
Kia Nurse
Nayo Raincock-Ekunwe
Kim Smith
Tammy Sutton-Brown

Shona Thorburn

PostPosted: 06/13/19 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Finally got around to watching the full game and it really was a "good" loss imo. Kept Connecticut off the offensive boards, didn't turn the ball over, just didn't hit shots (generated lots of good looks too). Atkins had a nice bounceback game too, so there's plenty of positives to take away from this game I think.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 06/13/19 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:

Carlson is a Canadian. Off the top of my head I can think of Achonwa, Sutton-Brown, Nurse and Schumacher-Raimon as Canadians who have made a WNBA team.

Natalie Achonwa
Jordan Adams
Kayla Alexander
Miranda Ayim
Kelly Boucher
Stacey Dales
Nirra Fields
Amber Hall
Ruth Hamblin
MerleLynn Lange-Harris
Kia Nurse
Nayo Raincock-Ekunwe
Kim Smith
Tammy Sutton-Brown

Shona Thorburn

According to her wiki page, Thorburn was actually born in the UK.

bullsky

PostPosted: 06/13/19 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
bullsky wrote:
pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:

Natalie Achonwa
Jordan Adams
Kayla Alexander
Miranda Ayim
Kelly Boucher
Stacey Dales
Nirra Fields
Amber Hall
Ruth Hamblin
MerleLynn Lange-Harris
Kia Nurse
Nayo Raincock-Ekunwe
Kim Smith
Tammy Sutton-Brown

Shona Thorburn

According to her wiki page, Thorburn was actually born in the UK.

Correct. I thought the list was Canadian citizens, not Canadian-born. Jordan Adams was born in Washington.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: