RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Lynx @ Liberty - 6/12/19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LibFan25

PostPosted: 06/12/19 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
We definitely need a SF filler as they said Allen could be out up to 6 weeks. Zahui B does this road trip and then she's gone. Can't be maxing out Nurse, Durr & Charles until everyone returns in mid-July.

@GeoffMags5490: Katie Smith says despite Allen's injury, the Liberty "can't" seek outside help yet because "we're not under a hardship". The possibility will open up when Zahui B leaves for Europe. #WNBA #LibertyLoud

So we will see after Zahui b leaves but I think they need to pick up someone now cuz you gonna burn these players out if Katie keeps doing this. She is about to do the same thing Bill used to do

On the game; I told ya Durr was close to breakin out lol Durr can create her shot and when she's on she's deadly. Hopefully she keeps it up in Sin City

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 06/12/19 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
What part did Wright play in the double tech? When I looked, Sims was in her face but I didn’t see the whole thing.

Indeed! There was a little more than this though... https://twitter.com/minnesotalynx/status/1138974755837632512

Tanisha definitely didn't back down. For a sec, it looked a little like the Taurasi-Augustus tango...well just the trash talking and chest bumping part...lol

Watching live on TV, it looked to me as if Sims slightly and intentionally bumped Wright to get the whole thing going. But I'd say a double technical was a reasonable call.

Looking at it myself now and I’d agree. But that’s not what I yelled at the game. Wink

PostPosted: 06/12/19 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
We definitely need a SF filler as they said Allen could be out up to 6 weeks. Zahui B does this road trip and then she's gone. Can't be maxing out Nurse, Durr & Charles until everyone returns in mid-July.

@GeoffMags5490: Katie Smith says despite Allen's injury, the Liberty "can't" seek outside help yet because "we're not under a hardship". The possibility will open up when Zahui B leaves for Europe. #WNBA #LibertyLoud

So we will see after Zahui b leaves but I think they need to pick up someone now cuz you gonna burn these players out if Katie keeps doing this. She is about to do the same thing Bill used to do

On the game; I told ya Durr was close to breakin out lol Durr can create her shot and when she's on she's deadly. Hopefully she keeps it up in Sin City

If I remember doesn’t “hardship” have two possible definitions? Either 2 injuries that are several (can’t remember how many weeks) each or 3 injuries of slightly lesser duration?

PostPosted: 06/12/19 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What about Hartley being suspended? I thought you could replace suspended players as long as you could fit it under the cap.

PostPosted: 06/12/19 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

Bob Lamm wrote:
[ Watching live on TV, it looked to me as if Sims slightly and intentionally bumped Wright to get the whole thing going. But I'd say a double technical was a reasonable call.

Looking at it myself now and I’d agree. But that’s not what I yelled at the game. Wink

LOL

root_thing

PostPosted: 06/12/19 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unless they changed the rules, the roster spots of suspended players should be available. For example, before Hartley left, how else could they have 12 players even with Johannes suspended? Hartley's slot should be available right now unless there's some other rule I don't know about -- like a limit on suspended player roster spots. Or if Megdal is wrong about the salaries and New York is closer to the cap than we thought. What Katie is saying is that Hartley + Allen + Zahui gets you the Emergency Hardship for not being able to field nine players.

PostPosted: 06/12/19 11:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Zahui won’t be here for the Chicago game?

The league pass NY announcers mentioned Zahui leaves June 20th, meaning she would be here for the Sky game if they are correct.

It was a blast watching this game! We started strong and this is exactly what I wanted to see from Asia. Strong to the hoop, crafty and the midrange game on point. And a couple of her missed 3s at least were so close and rimmed out. She’s shooting now like 18% from 3 but I know she’s better and that will go up. She needed this game though, and to be apart of a win so I hope this leads to her continuing to breakout and get hoops. Could still see the nerves at times (5 turnovers).

I still don’t understand Han Xu getting no playing time. I know she’s young and not the best defensively, but she absolutely could help get a couple of quick buckets on offense. Like not even 5 minutes? Zahui and Gray are earning their time, but give Tina more of a rest. We demonstrated tonight we have two big time scorers who can step up in Durr and Nurse. I’m really worried with the minutes distribution that Tina will tire out and have back issues.

I love Tanisha’s toughness and leadership, and she had some great passes and only credited for one turnover- but yikes I’m always scared when she brings up the ball with her high dribble.

I agree with Katie’s improved substitution patterns! Way to adjust, coach. Now don’t tire out your players please.

13 steals for NY and 21 turnovers from Minny (many unforced).

Way to get this W, Libs!! #libertyloud

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 06/13/19 4:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
What part did Wright play in the double tech? When I looked, Sims was in her face but I didn’t see the whole thing.

Indeed! There was a little more than this though... https://twitter.com/minnesotalynx/status/1138974755837632512

Tanisha definitely didn't back down. For a sec, it looked a little like the Taurasi-Augustus tango...well just the trash talking and chest bumping part...lol

Watching live on TV, it looked to me as if Sims slightly and intentionally bumped Wright to get the whole thing going. But I'd say a double technical was a reasonable call.

Lol! I was over here with my hand out yelling, "Wooo wooo now ladies!" Laughing

Sims definitely seemed to initiate it after a physical play but who knows what words were said.

Last edited by WfanFrJmp on 06/13/19 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total
ClayK

PostPosted: 06/13/19 9:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did Nurse guard Collier? Collier and Dantas combined to go 4-18 from the field.

Nice game for Boyd, despite her usual inability to shoot.

Zahui? Wowie. Where did that come from? Did she guard Fowles or did Charles?

PostPosted: 06/13/19 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone know why Katie is not playing Nayo ?

dab44lb

PostPosted: 06/13/19 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Hellooooo Nurse! Cool

<iframe width="320" height="240" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/H2yJ-VaMDYs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe> Razz

Knew she'd play well Mr. Green

Hahahaha!!! I say that at the games when she hits a three.

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat upon him was Death, and Hell followed with him
bluedevilaztecfan5

PostPosted: 06/13/19 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Did Nurse guard Collier? Collier and Dantas combined to go 4-18 from the field.

Nice game for Boyd, despite her usual inability to shoot.

Zahui? Wowie. Where did that come from? Did she guard Fowles or did Charles?

They started in a zone, but when they switched to player to player Nurse was on Collier, Charles had Dantas, Zahui on Fowles, Boyd on Sims and Durr on Robinson (these two switched off).

toad455

PostPosted: 06/13/19 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:
Anyone know why Katie is not playing Nayo ?

I'm guessing since Gray is playing so well, there's not a need for her. Unless one of Charles, Zahui B or Gray get in foul trouble, she'll be glued to the bench right next to Han.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
BamaEd

PostPosted: 06/14/19 9:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just looked at the box score from this game. One stat stood out to me. Dantas was 3-11 from the floor and 3-10 of that was from 3? I remember when she was with Atlanta and not hurt and how she just LOVED shooting from 3. Well, if she's your low post, I would think you'd want her to have more than 1 shot from inside the arc (was it a shot at the rim or a long jumper?). Yes, you have an amazing center with Fowles, but she can't do it ALL.

But is this a Reeve thing? I remember McCarville used to put up a number of 3s and long 2s while Brunson did most of the work down low.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/14/19 9:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the opposing team is letting her have the shot, she’s supposed to take it. If she makes the shot, they’ll have to guard her tighter, which lightens up the interior defense. If they guard her tight at the three point line, she’s a very good post passer. She can find a lonely Fowles or a cutting Collier. Unfortunately, her three wasn’t falling early on when they were giving it to her.

When Shepard was available, she could do basically the same thing as Dantas except not as adept at shooting the three. Things got really fun in those times when Shepard and Dantas were on the floor together just picking apart the defenses with their passing skills.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
root_thing

PostPosted: 06/14/19 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liberty win second in a row against Lynx behind Nurse, Durr and Zahui B

Quote:
Head coach Katie Smith described her (Zahui) performance as someone “who is creating a lot of havoc” on both sides of the ball. “She’s challenged herself to crash and be a rebounder on every single possession,” she said. “I think I’ve said it before, I think it takes an extreme amount of energy to crash on every possession, something I would not do, but I think it is something that she’s bought into.

Quote:
Besides worrying about containing Fowles, there was a focus on how to shut down Lynx sensation Napheesa Collier. New York had a slight advantage as lead scorer Nurse has three years of playing experience alongside the forward. She gave her teammates the rookie’s tendencies, and now that the script had switched, and Nurse was ready for it....Asia Durr cited that the game plan was to make her fellow rookie think and stay in the gap.

Quote:
Allen’s prospects for returning are ambiguous at this moment as it’s all contingent on how quickly the fracture heals on its own. She could be out for a month or she could be out for over two months.

Quote:
“I think the group has been together,” Reeve said following the game. “I think Zahui B’s role increasing has given her a lot of confidence. I think it gives them something extra. But I think the team’s a lot the same. You know Tanisha Wright is back. I think they are running the same things. They are running it the same way. I just think they are really comfortable with themselves.”

https://highposthoops.com/2019/06/13/liberty-win-second-in-a-row-against-lynx-behind-nurse-durr-and-zahui-b/

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: