RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Cafe 31 closed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lib Fan

PostPosted: 06/10/19 3:01 pm    ::: Cafe 31 closed Reply Reply with quote

I found out from some fans at Sundays Liberty game
Im sure there are Liberty fans that remember Cafe 31 before and after Liberty games at MSG...Back in the day it was packed after games with fans and players

Sorry to see it has closed

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 06/10/19 3:57 pm    ::: Re: Cafe 31 closed Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:
Im sure there are Liberty fans that remember Cafe 31 before and after Liberty games at MSG...Back in the day it was packed after games with fans and players

Know the owner died 2 years ago actually did a moment of silence for him during a game...was a good sponsor for the club.

Know the building has been gutted a few times...brother Jimmy's had issues with this as well...seemed to be ok when keia did fan night breakfast last year...i never was a big fan but it was very very important to the team and it's fans...barclays I will say no real local restaurant there it's shake shack applebees and bdubs gotta walk 6 blocks to juniors for a local eatery

At least wcc has city limits and pru had the dino.

But nothing beat cafe 31 they weren't just sponsors and caterers they truly CARED ABOUT THE TEAM

Sad to hear

PostPosted: 06/10/19 4:18 pm    ::: Re: Cafe 31 closed Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:
Lib Fan wrote:

Know the owner died 2 years ago actually did a moment of silence for him during a game...was a good sponsor for the club.

Know the building has been gutted a few times...brother Jimmy's had issues with this as well...seemed to be ok when keia did fan night breakfast last year...i never was a big fan but it was very very important to the team and it's fans...barclays I will say no real local restaurant there it's shake shack applebees and bdubs gotta walk 6 blocks to juniors for a local eatery

But nothing beat cafe 31 they weren't just sponsors and caterers they truly CARED ABOUT THE TEAM

Sad to hear

Yes before and after games the staff had Liberty Tee Shirts and every "knew your name" Had many a happy win celebrations there and some sad losses .
Many fun "Watching Parties" for playoffs and away games ...
I heard that it was sold and will open again under new management

gpark33

PostPosted: 06/12/19 8:39 pm    ::: Re: Cafe 31 closed Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:
...barclays I will say no real local restaurant there it's shake shack applebees and bdubs gotta walk 6 blocks to juniors for a local eatery

Sad to hear

Try McMahon's Public House when you are there in August. It's a short block away across Flatbush and has a nice menu selection.

PostPosted: 06/13/19 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Already have reservations for my group at Juniors plus no bday without cake and well juniors cheesecake lol but will write down for next year cuz bdubs getting worse not better and applebees prices don't match their food

PostPosted: 06/13/19 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:
Already have reservations for my group at Juniors plus no bday without cake and well juniors cheesecake lol but will write down for next year cuz bdubs getting worse not better and applebees prices don't match their food

BDubs --- also known as the Buffalo Wild Wings chain --- has especially gotten worse ever since they were bought out in late-2017 by the company that is the parent of Arby's.

I only go there for the Buzztime trivia game that most of their locations have.

Last edited by StevenHW on 06/13/19 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Lib Fan

PostPosted: 06/13/19 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:

Growing up in Brooklyn I would always go to Juniors to celebrate things
Yes their cheesecake is to die for !

root_thing

PostPosted: 06/13/19 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:

Growing up in Brooklyn I would always go to Juniors to celebrate things
Yes their cheesecake is to die for !

Unless you work across the street and your company has Junior's cheesecake for every imaginable birthday, holiday or company event. After I left that job, I literally couldn't eat the creamy type of cheesecake for a decade. Laughing

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: