Board Junkies Forums

Lynx @ Liberty - 6/12/19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 06/12/19 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Aussie Aussie Aussie, oi! oi! oi!

The Lynx should win this game because Talbot made that 3, but this is Minnesota where a Minnesota Miracle only leads to 38-7. 😂

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/12/19 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was a heat-check too far, Steph

Shades

PostPosted: 06/12/19 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Am I the only one to notice that TWright travel?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/12/19 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Am I the only one to notice that TWright travel?

I'm pretty sure that Reeve noticed it too

toad455

PostPosted: 06/12/19 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gonna be a close one.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 06/12/19 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lynx getting destroyed by teams they made trades with. Sparks beat the Lynx after Lynx traded them Jones for Sims, Lynx getting destroyed by the Liberty after trading them Wright, and on Friday the Lynx will probably lose to the Sun, proving the Lynx also got fleeced in the Lexie Brown trade. #Outrage

Shades

PostPosted: 06/12/19 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Commentators talking like this game was over with 2:00 left. Love these guys.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/12/19 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NY not giving themselves much time to blow this one, but I believe in them!

(I hope they don't. This has been a really solid game from their starters and they deserve a W)

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/12/19 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tim-Durr

tfan

PostPosted: 06/12/19 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liberty winning streak continues! Wink

Weatherspoon is sitting behind the coaches but people seem to think she is next in line to be the head coach.

toad455

PostPosted: 06/12/19 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durr & Nurse won this game for us. Tina was gassed in the end. Nurse also played all 40 minutes tonight. No bench points, but somehow we got the win. Can't have that happen on our upcoming back-to-back road games this weekend. Lynx were playing well most of the 2nd half, especially once their 3s started going down. Interesting to note that Wright was closing out the game again, not Boyd.

justintyme

PostPosted: 06/12/19 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This game is best summed up by the not once, but two separate times when the Lynx literally fell on their faces when they had the ball and a chance to either tie the game or bring it to within one point....

PostPosted: 06/12/19 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who was that player who scored the last two baskets to seal the win for the Liberty? Oh, yeh, it was ASIA DURR.

Very encouraging for our future: a victory despite an off night for Tina Charles. 26 points for Nurse, 20 for Durr, and a double-double for Zahui B. Plus some nice leadership from our #3 point guard, Tanisha Wright. She's got at least five more seasons in her. Smile

But, Katie, please: our team will be playing three games in four nights in three cities, with some substantial travel in those days. Use everyone so our best players aren't completely wiped out.

And, GM, please: let's get another player, at least temporarily, to bolster our roster which is getting shorter every day.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 06/12/19 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Katie Fiveplayers closing in on COY.
mannman

PostPosted: 06/12/19 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
Gustafson should get another opportunity in the WNBA. Don't know if she's good or bad but she was college player of the year and we know Agler doesn't really like rookies.

Agler cut both Kennedy Burke and Gustafson at the last minute, stunning both, and we see how good Kennedy Burke is. She's playing like rookie of the year. Pokey ran to the waiver wire to access her.

Gustaffson getting cut had nothing to do with Agler and ALL to do with Gustaffson's skill level.

How do you know this or just your usual pissing in the wind?

I would have more confidence in Gustafson, than Agler. This is his fifth team?

toad455

PostPosted: 06/12/19 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We definitely need a SF filler as they said Allen could be out up to 6 weeks. Zahui B does this road trip and then she's gone. Can't be maxing out Nurse, Durr & Charles until everyone returns in mid-July.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 06/12/19 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Who was that player who scored the last two baskets to seal the win for the Liberty? Oh, yeh, it was ASIA DURR.

Very encouraging for our future: a victory despite an off night for Tina Charles. 26 points for Nurse, 20 for Durr, and a double-double for Zahui B. Plus some nice leadership from our #3 point guard, Tanisha Wright. She's got at least five more seasons in her. Smile

But, Katie, please: our team will be playing three games in four nights in three cities, with some substantial travel in those days. Use everyone so our best players aren't completely wiped out.

And, GM, please: let's get another player, at least temporarily, to bolster our roster which is getting shorter every day.

Agree about the larger rotations. I think they’re inevitable. Katie has done a much better job of situational substitutions this year so I’m confident that situation will create adjustments. I couldn’t say that last year.

Durr made some big plays down the stretch. I thought the team handled those situations smartly in the sense that Durr is the player we want creating those shots and also Brown was guarding her. When they iso’ed the pick and roll when she made the foul line jumper you just knew that shot was going down. The last play she dealt with multiple defenders and it was just a play that a uniquely talented offensive player makes. Durr has great balance and good lower body strength and explosion. Her fav player is James Harden. It’s easy to see why. The step-backs she did in college aren’t even in her pro arsenal yet. Wait till she adds those. That’s the point where she’ll be in the high teens or 20+ consistently. A very impressive 10-12 from 2 point range. She’s evolved that aspect of her game significantly from her junior year in college. It speaks well of her likelihood to further develop her game.

Wright is my favorite player in the whole league so I’m biased. But simply put she knows how to win. Her presence just makes a team better. It’s something that stats alone don’t demonstrate.

PostPosted: 06/12/19 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
We definitely need a SF filler as they said Allen could be out up to 6 weeks. Zahui B does this road trip and then she's gone. Can't be maxing out Nurse, Durr & Charles until everyone returns in mid-July.

Zahui won’t be here for the Chicago game?

PostPosted: 06/12/19 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What part did Wright play in the double tech? When I looked, Sims was in her face but I didn’t see the whole thing.

PostPosted: 06/12/19 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also we outrebounded the best rebounding team in the league currently 37-32. We also kept them largely off the offensive boards in the second half.

PostPosted: 06/12/19 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Charles is killing me with all the 3pt shots. Not only is she 1-15 for the season, but she usually takes them early in the clock and with no teammate under the basket. Tina also forces a lot of bad passes into the paint.

Wright had to finish the game because Boyd was getting that antsy I'm-about-to-force-the-action-and-turn-the-ball-over-like-crazy look. A good substitution by Smith. Also, a major improvement this year in terms of calling timeouts. Last season, Katie would wait until the opponent went on a 12-0 or 16-2 type run before calling a TO. This year, it happens after about a 6-0 run.

I can't believe Zahui B. has morphed into the rookie version of Kiah Stokes on defense and the 2nd year version of Stokes off the boards. She's unrecognizable. How did that happen? Shocked

NY got no bench points, so yes they need to do something. Honestly, if they want immediate help it will probably have to be someone with experience like Cierra Burdick or Jordan Hooper. Retreads aren't exciting, but there's a reason why these people keep getting re-signed.

PostPosted: 06/12/19 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
What part did Wright play in the double tech? When I looked, Sims was in her face but I didn’t see the whole thing.

Indeed! There was a little more than this though... https://twitter.com/minnesotalynx/status/1138974755837632512

Tanisha definitely didn't back down. For a sec, it looked a little like the Taurasi-Augustus tango...well just the trash talking and chest bumping part...lol

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 06/12/19 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Charles is killing me with all the 3pt shots. Not only is she 1-15 for the season, but she usually takes them early in the clock and with no teammate under the basket. Tina also forces a lot of bad passes into the paint.

Wright had to finish the game because Boyd was getting that antsy I'm-about-to-force-the-action-and-turn-the-ball-over-like-crazy look. A good substitution by Smith. Also, a major improvement this year in terms of calling timeouts. Last season, Katie would wait until the opponent went on a 12-0 or 16-2 type run before calling a TO. This year, it happens after about a 6-0 run.

I can't believe Zahui B. has morphed into the rookie version of Kiah Stokes on defense and the 2nd year version of Stokes off the boards. She's unrecognizable. How did that happen? Shocked

NY got no bench points, so yes they need to do something. Honestly, if they want immediate help it will probably have to be someone with experience like Cierra Burdick or Jordan Hooper. Retreads aren't exciting, but there's a reason why these people keep getting re-signed.

Agree all the way through but I think your first point is especially significant. I’ve felt that way too. She’s taking shots she can get anytime in the shot clock but doing it early in the clock. I get they’re trying to play fast but let’s leave those shots to Durr or Nurse please. Burdick would be a nice add. She can help quickly.

PostPosted: 06/12/19 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hellooooo Nurse! Cool

<iframe width="320" height="240" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/H2yJ-VaMDYs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe> Razz

Knew she'd play well Mr. Green

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 06/12/19 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

Indeed! There was a little more than this though... https://twitter.com/minnesotalynx/status/1138974755837632512

Tanisha definitely didn't back down. For a sec, it looked a little like the Taurasi-Augustus tango...well just the trash talking and chest bumping part...lol

Watching live on TV, it looked to me as if Sims slightly and intentionally bumped Wright to get the whole thing going. But I'd say a double technical was a reasonable call.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: