RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Lindsay Gottlieb to the NBA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 06/12/19 12:12 pm    ::: Lindsay Gottlieb to the NBA Reply Reply with quote

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26956684/sources-cavs-hiring-cal-coach-gottlieb-staff

Quote:
Gottlieb is believed to be the eighth female to share either an assistant coaching or player development role on an NBA, but joins the Cavaliers from the most prominent coaching perch of any of her predecessors -- a Power 5 college program with consistent Top 25 presence and a college salary believed to be the $700,000-plus range.

PostPosted: 06/12/19 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.nba.com/cavaliers/releases/gottlieb-assistant-coach-190612

Quote:
“I am very thankful, proud and excited to be joining the Cavaliers as an Assistant Coach. After meeting with Koby Altman, Coach Beilein and Coach Bickerstaff, I knew this was an organization I wanted to be a part of and a team I wanted to dedicate myself to,” said Gottlieb. “While this move provided a unique and special chance to move directly from Cal Berkeley and women’s college basketball to the NBA, it was really about being part of building and growing something special and adding value to a team and organization that is focused on doing things in a way that I believe strongly in.”

PostPosted: 06/12/19 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When I saw this, my reaction was "WTF!" But I think all of use who follow the Pac-12 know that Gottlieb may have seen the writing on the wall. This last team was her most talented since the Final Four run and it was all downhill from here, especially since her recruiting has been below what it needs to be to maintain a strong program.

She got out while the getting was good and her record was still strong. Good for her. Plus, another woman making inroads in the NBA. I hope she does well.

willtalk

PostPosted: 06/12/19 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So many Cal fans thought that she was spending time at the Warriors practices to get some tips on expanding her offense. Seems she might have just been establshing connections so she had a place to go once Anigwe graduated and she was stuck without a post.

PostPosted: 06/12/19 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I noticed on the wnba.com site their headline stated that she "....led UCLA to 7 NCAA tournament appearances". Shocked

PostPosted: 06/13/19 1:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
When I saw this, my reaction was "WTF!" But I think all of use who follow the Pac-12 know that Gottlieb may have seen the writing on the wall. This last team was her most talented since the Final Four run and it was all downhill from here, especially since her recruiting has been below what it needs to be to maintain a strong program.

She got out while the getting was good and her record was still strong. Good for her. Plus, another woman making inroads in the NBA. I hope she does well.

Good analytic reactions on all points.
pilight

PostPosted: 06/13/19 8:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Kristi Toliver hire looks more and more like an outlier, or an attempt at salary cap subversion

PostPosted: 06/15/19 2:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wish you well Coach in the next chapter of your life.

https://pac-12.com/videos/even-nba-lindsay-gottlieb-will-remain-close-cals-student-athletes-i-will-never-leave-their

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: