RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Aces @ Liberty - 6/09/19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 06/09/19 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uNiO72o1IzE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JhVHcI78ms4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IzSEHlgcXYI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Lib Fan

PostPosted: 06/09/19 11:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A great win today...glad I was there even if other "STH's"
didn't think it was important to show up and support our team

So good getting our first win against Bill

Defense wins games

root_thing

PostPosted: 06/10/19 12:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A few observations:

1) People are talking about Wilson being off, but I thought Cambage didn't look right either. She wasn't jumping or driving to the basket. Is her minutes limit related to some kind of leg issue? Was any of this a lack of effort? Whatever the case, this is not the player we saw last season or at the FIBA World Cup.

2) Tanisha Wright had a good game. However, I don't want to hear all this holier-than-thou stuff about judging her too early. Wright was bad last year. If you read the Minnesota thread, most fans were happy to get rid of her. She was bad in the preseason and very bad in her brief appearances in the regular season before today. Personally, I didn't even think Tanisha was that great for New York in 2016. To me, the trendline is clearly pointing downward. That said, I'm pretty sure Wright is going to be here so I hope she can be that rare older player who halts or even reverses her decline. We actually saw an exampe of that in Taj, who got a late career bounce starting with her season in NY. However, it's highly unusual.

3) Where Wright seemed particularly effective was in combination with Allen, which gave NY more size on the wing. I thought that really improved their defense.

4) NY finally had a good game on the turnovers front. They only had 9 TOs to LVA's 12. More importantly, they were +5 in points off turnovers. Coming into today's game, NY had a -30 overall scoring differential, of which -28 was points off turnovers. It indicates that the Liberty can be competitive if they don't beat themselves.

5) Zahui B. is second in the league in blocks at 2.6. She had 4.1 bpg in her last year at Minnesota, but I never thought we'd see that player at the pro level. Let's hope Amanda can resume the pace after she returns. Meanwhile, Bec Allen is 11th in the league at 1.4 bpg despite limited minutes.

PostPosted: 06/10/19 5:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
A few observations:

1) People are talking about Wilson being off, but I thought Cambage didn't look right either. She wasn't jumping or driving to the basket. Is her minutes limit related to some kind of leg issue? Was any of this a lack of effort? Whatever the case, this is not the player we saw last season or at the FIBA World Cup.

Cambage has had an Achilles tendon injury, hence the reduced minutes, and quite probably the reason for her impaired jumping and driving.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 06/10/19 5:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Re: Wright. She’s 35 so I don’t think anyone should expect her to reverse a downward trajectory. However, she’s also a player who you don’t do justice to if you strictly look at her numbers or PER. It’s a simple matter of does she help you win games with her presence that you wouldn’t otherwise win? 1-4 obviously doesn’t speak to that but yesterday was an example of it. Without her, they likely don’t win that game yesterday. If her presence wins you some games you wouldn’t win without her and you’re talking about your #8-#10 player, then there’s value there.

The larger point though is the fact that the ball movement and offensive flow improve among all 5 players when Wright is in the game at all. That isn’t so much to say that T is a savior of any sort. But what does it say about Boyd and Hartley in general that Wright is even in a position to be a stabilizing force? If the Libs had a true starting PG we wouldn’t be having this conversation at all.

PostPosted: 06/10/19 6:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:
A great win today...glad I was there even if other "STH's"
didn't think it was important to show up and support our team

So good getting our first win against Bill

Defense wins games

Those who were there knew what was happening that crowd late wow...they knew this win was almost a year in the making...

You know we were there...loved it...team effort good shot distribution you could tell team wanted to put streak behind them

Hartley last two games played like the Hartley who saved the 2017 season and was the key cog in the 10 game win streak...so of course we lose her for over a month lol...and when she returns it'll be with Johannes in tow

Hopefully it was just a 24 hour thing for durr...poor thing looked ready to puke on the bench...get better soon!

Wright was there when needed...but can't count on that every night

Still not impressed with katies schemes and play calling still have moments where even vets are clueless

Will say in katies defense this is the 2Nd game in a row we made a megastar a non factor...Wilson was completely shut down and Friday EDD had to wait until cloud put it out of reach to get her poimts...inside d has been clicking...outside were getting schorched

Not good

Feel good win could tell players were having streak weigh on them...there is enough bright in the future I can now say whatever happens happens but that streak had to be put in the rear view and boy was it ever

PostPosted: 06/10/19 6:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One thing about being there that was good was seeing how some new players are being directed where to go. Wright directing Gray. Tina directing people.
Durr didn’t play yesterday but has required directing repeatedly.

Nice energy in the building in the second half especially when the lead built.

PostPosted: 06/10/19 8:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
A few observations:

2) Tanisha Wright had a good game. However, I don't want to hear all this holier-than-thou stuff about judging her too early. Wright was bad last year. If you read the Minnesota thread, most fans were happy to get rid of her. She was bad in the preseason and very bad in her brief appearances in the regular season before today. Personally, I didn't even think Tanisha was that great for New York in 2016. To me, the trendline is clearly pointing downward. That said, I'm pretty sure Wright is going to be here so I hope she can be that rare older player who halts or even reverses her decline. We actually saw an exampe of that in Taj, who got a late career bounce starting with her season in NY. However, it's highly unusual.

3) Where Wright seemed particularly effective was in combination with Allen, which gave NY more size on the wing. I thought that really improved their defense.

4) NY finally had a good game on the turnovers front. They only had 9 TOs to LVA's 12. More importantly, they were +5 in points off turnovers. Coming into today's game, NY had a -30 overall scoring differential, of which -28 was points off turnovers. It indicates that the Liberty can be competitive if they don't beat themselves.

5) Zahui B. is second in the league in blocks at 2.6. She had 4.1 bpg in her last year at Minnesota, but I never thought we'd see that player at the pro level. Let's hope Amanda can resume the pace after she returns. Meanwhile, Bec Allen is 11th in the league at 1.4 bpg despite limited minutes.

thank you for this point about Wright, yall can get your hopes up all you want but im not fallin for it

again Hartley was really good, we gonna miss her. i don't believe nobody can fill her shoes while she's gone. Katie and management is gonna have to think outside the box instead of "staying" in the box

last note, what i liked so much about the game was the physical aspect of the game, Aces couldn't match it. we have to play that type of physicality every game cuz the Libs is not gonna out score teams

dab44lb

PostPosted: 06/10/19 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
We were in rare form today too.

Yup. I got under Cambage's skin in the 2nd Quarter. She rolled her eyes, stuck out her tongue and made an obscene gesture after I called her out for being in the paint for 8 seconds. It occurs with 3:05 left in the 2nd just after the foul called on Allen. Hilarious!!!

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat upon him was Death, and Hell followed with him
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 06/10/19 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It was innocuous in terms of the comment itself. Not personal. Directed at the ref and a humorous exaggeration. It’s clearly audible (“Cambage is standing in the lane for eight seconds”) and visible on TV after Allen argues a point with the ref.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: