RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Sparks @ Lynx - 6/08/19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 06/08/19 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

karima played in the game against DAL, correct? and then i didn't even see her on the bench the last 2 games... reinjured?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/08/19 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:
tfan wrote:
Sheryl Swoopes says Comets and Liberty was the greatest rivalry in league history. Mentions Storm / Aces and Storm / Mercury as other current rivalries besides Lynx / Sparks.

She knows darn well it was Sparks/Comets. Lol

The Liberty/Comets was the first rivalry, then got overtaken by the Sparks/Comets, then the Sparks/Storm. It's been Lynx/Sparks for awhile, now I'm not sure. Laimbeer and his Aces need to start a rivalry.

Id Say Detroit/LA were the next big rivalry after NY- HOU & LA-HOU. LA/SEA has always been a good rivalry as well.

PostPosted: 06/08/19 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Turns out that miracle three by Brown should have been an and-1.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/08/19 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Im finally able to see the replay and i thought id never say this , but i like this years version of the lynx . Damn dallas we should have taken Collier Embarassed

PostPosted: 06/08/19 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It seems like the Mercury and Lynx were headed for a good rivalry as the Lynx were dominant in 2013 and the Mercury in 2014, but the Mercury never repeated that 2014 performance for some reason (injuries?).

Shades

PostPosted: 06/08/19 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mercury had weak challengers in 2014. The Lynx were hobbled by injuries and Reeve was giving obscene minutes to the starters who weren’t injured resulting in fatigue by the end of the season. The East was represented by a CHI team that stumbled into the playoffs after having a below-.500 regular season and Delle Donne battling a back ailment. It was a good year to be healthy.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 06/08/19 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
karima played in the game against DAL, correct? and then i didn't even see her on the bench the last 2 games... reinjured?

Personal Matters

lynxmania

PostPosted: 06/08/19 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
I never realized how much Chiney gets away with literally using her arms to hack and hold other players.

It’s the Ogwumiway! Wink

LynxFan32

PostPosted: 06/08/19 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
The rivalry is alive and well!!
Sparks will fly πŸ’œπŸ’›πŸ’œ
#LossLynx 😿😿

haha yes the Lynx lost today but the sparks are still looking up at the lynx in the standings Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 06/08/19 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The thing with the Lymx that is both depressing and encouraging right now is that they are doing this while turning the ball over a ton. As a young team with a bunch of players who haven't played together before, that is something they should theoretically be able to clean up as the year progresses.

If they do....

PostPosted: 06/09/19 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The most prolific turnover players on the Lynx by far, are Fowles and Simms, not the rookies or so called younger players. 3.0 and 3.7 per game respectively.

Embarassed

toad455

PostPosted: 06/09/19 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any update on Shepard's injury? Lynx don't play again until Wednesday in Westchester.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
justintyme

PostPosted: 06/09/19 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, but the offense runs through them more often than the others as well (plus minutes played). So I would expect them to have more TO as people aren't quite where everyone expects them to be.

Of course I would be happy to see Sims stop doing that thing where she tries to dribble through 3 set defenders and snake her way into the lane. Watch her get the ball stripped way too many times doing that.

PostPosted: 06/09/19 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Any update on Shepard's injury? Lynx don't play again until Wednesday in Westchester.

She's getting MRI today, haven't heard anything yet.

PostPosted: 06/09/19 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Closer strikes again! This Sparks squad might be something very special when Alana, Candace, and Masha return.

PostPosted: 06/09/19 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A great rivalry: Sparks-Monarchs.

PostPosted: 06/09/19 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
A great rivalry: Sparks-Monarchs.

X_____

People forgot how good this rivalry was in its heyday.

You'd be hard pressed to find a tougher battle than DeMya Walker, Tanglea Smith, & Yo Griffith vs Leslie, Mwadi Mabika, and DMJ.

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 06/09/19 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

first, i just read shepard tore her ACL.
second, a lot of TOs are due to trying to force the ball into fowles/collier. guards into the post from the 3. they need someone to flash to free-throw line area and pass it in from there or something. its easily fixable or it should be.

MNfan22

PostPosted: 06/09/19 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:

Personal Matters

Death in the family.

PostPosted: 06/09/19 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thoughts from the game:

- Sure there was some defensive lapse but take better care of the ball and make more free throws and maybe the game comes out different.

- too many TOs. Just bad lazy passes; either over pass or to low at the knees that end up getting striped. Forcing ball to post (too late, missing initial target moves by Syl & even DD & Phee giving that moment of being open for a pass.) By in large the best passes to the post players are coming from other post. Shep has had lots of TOs but I have faith she'll get better ….next year Crying or Very sad

- Lynx PG play:
Lynx don't have their PG of the future. Just PGs for the now. Both D-Rob & Sims dribble too much and have been too hell bent on driving into the paint regardless of how many trees are in their way, with little to no forethought. Neither is particularly patient, more too fast for their own good and don't give post time to even set screens, let along use the ones that are that are almost set. Would love to see them become better in tune to their teammates.

Guess I just so appreciate the old school PGs like Bird, Whalen, Sloot even C. Gray who are thinking 2, 3 plays ahead to get others involved but can kill you with a mid-range pull-up jumper.

-Collier is such fun to watch. Its not that she's always moving, but she moves with purpose. You can see the high B-ball IQ in action. Will be fun to watch her game mature.

- Enjoying Lex Brown as well aside from the 3 pt shooting. In preseason she spoke about how in college she wasn't use to playing man to man defense so she is really having to work at playing man to man at the pro level. While its a work in progress, I've enjoyed seeing her working hard to be a better defender.

- DD came out of the game in the 1st qtr; spent a lot of time w/Chuck the trainer and left the court w/another trainer; she came back just before the 2nd qtr. Even thought she played, the rest of the game when she was on the bench she had a (cold/heat) pack strapped to her quad.

Going forward now with Shepard out Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad (she is a HUGE loss) more adjustments.
KCK needs to come back able to give some quality mins. Hopefully nothing is too serious w/Dantas; will need to see more of Coates, at least to give Syl a few mins to catch her breath. Phee may have to play some more PF. Gotta hope Temi comes back healthy.

PostPosted: 06/09/19 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Second game in a row that DRob is taking a backseat to Lexie Brown. If Brown keeps this up, DRob might have to sign at a discounted reserve rate if she wants to return.

Lexie Brown can play PG if Sims isn't up to the task. It takes time to groove with a new team.

MNfan22

PostPosted: 06/09/19 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Shades wrote:
Second game in a row that DRob is taking a backseat to Lexie Brown. If Brown keeps this up, DRob might have to sign at a discounted reserve rate if she wants to return.

Lexie Brown can play PG if Sims isn't up to the task. It takes time to groove with a new team.

Likely cuz Lexie can make her 3pt shots haaa. But very true about taking time to find a groove. Drob actually seemed to find her's last year (3/4 of the way in Laughing ) but then she got hurt. Now, this is a whole new group so the process starts all over.

None of them are my optimal PG but, they just got done w/3 gms in 5 days and its only 6 gms in so I'm just looking for growth month to month.

PostPosted: 06/09/19 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
I never realized how much Chiney gets away with literally using her arms to hack and hold other players.

It’s the Ogwumiway! Wink
Didn't the "Tokens" do a song about that some years back?

PostPosted: 06/09/19 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Of course I would be happy to see Sims stop doing that thing where she tries to dribble through 3 set defenders and snake her way into the lane. Watch her get the ball stripped way too many times doing that.

That is something that Simms has been guilty of for her entire WNBA career. Watching her with the Sparks, I sort of concluded that she has a peripheral vision problem. She has problems on both offense and defense in that area. As long as the players are in front of her she is fine, but when they are or come from the side of her she loses sight of them. This also would keep her from driving into the key and passing to open players who are not directly in front of her as sniMINAJ suggested the guards need to do. Sims brings some valuable skills to a team, but court vision is not one of those. Minn fans who expected her to replace Whalen will be sorely disappointed. She is a good passer but her court vision is what keeps her from being an elite point. Peripheral vision is not something that is correctable.

PostPosted: 06/09/19 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh, I've never seen her as a Whalen replacement. Completely different skillset.

Whalen was an elite finisher and always seemed to know exactly where to go with the ball, whether that be on a drive, shooting, or passing.

Sims is not an elite finisher, and doesn't have that same sixth sense that Whlen did. But Sims is a much better defender than Whalen (though Whalen's smarts made up for some of what she lacked in that department as it allowed her to play good team defense). The key is going to be for Reeve to get Sims to do what she does well and keep her from some of her more frustrating tendencies. And if any coach can do that, Reeve is likely the one.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: