WNBA odds

View previous topic :: View next topic  
calbearman76

PostPosted: 05/24/19 6:27 pm    ::: WNBA odds Reply Reply with quote

The season opens today with 2 games

ATLANTA 10.5 Dallas 159
NEW YORK 3 Indiana 158

HOME TEAM IN CAPS

The first team listed is the favorite. The middle number is the spread, so Atlanta has to win by 11 or more points to cover the spread. Dallas wins if they win outright or loses by 10 or less. The final number is the total points scored, which you can bet over or under.

Both of these games seem like a shot in the dark. Without much confidence I will take the Wings +10.5 to be able to stay close.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/24/19 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

First couple of weeks I'd be tempted to take the underdog and the points in virtually everything. No one knows shit yet.

PostPosted: 05/25/19 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Games for May 25

Phoenix 3.5 SEATTLE 158.5
CONNECTICUT 5.5 Washington 165.5
MINNESOTA 4 Chicago 160

Yesterday the season started off with an easy win as Dallas as a big underdog won outright. The only major line move was on the Wings game under, and that won easily. 1-0

Today's games are all question marks because of major injuries. Phoenix is without Taurasi while Seattle has neither Stewart nor Bird. Connecticut has to adjust to play without Chiney and Minnesota has neither Moore nor Brunson. With all this uncertainty I will just look for a small play on the Lynx laying 4. The bettors have taken Connecticut from a 1 point favorite all the way up to 5.5.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 05/26/19 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Game for May 26

LAS VEGAS 2 Los Angeles 161

No Cambage, No Parker, 2 Ogwumikes. As with all the opening weekend games there are a lot of uncertainties here. I will take LA to eke out a win.

The new look Lynx took control in the second quarter and pulled away in the second half to move my record to 2-0. An interesting note on the game. While cruising to victory the Lynx committed two fouls in the final minute, including a 3 point play with 15 seconds to go for the final to wind up right on the 160 total.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 05/28/19 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Game for May 29

CONNECTICUT 9.5 Indiana 163.5

Connecticut has shown a willingness to not only win but win big. Their second half performance against Washington in their first game shows they haven't changed. Indiana eked out a win, but the quality of play was the worst of the opening weekend games. I will lay the points with the Sun.

Las Vegas gave me my first loss of the season Sunday, so my record goes to 2-1.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 05/28/19 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm enjoying this thread so far. Your logic for giving the points with the Sun seems sound. Today is May 28th, though.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 05/28/19 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
I'm enjoying this thread so far. Your logic for giving the points with the Sun seems sound. Today is May 28th, though.

A good point. I will only say that I am preparing for my trip to the Philippines so the date was right by their time. And thanks to the foul on Achonwa with 4.2 seconds to go (Indiana missed the 3 point shot anyway) Connecticut was able to eke out the cover. 3-1 to start the season.

For people following this thread I will be outside the country from June 10-28 so there will probably not be any odds or picks during that time. But maybe I will find some inspiration lying on the beach on Boracay Island.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 05/29/19 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Game for May 29 (American style)

MINNESOTA 4 Seattle 153

Overall scoring has been down early this season. But the Lynx put up 89 against the Sky and Reeve seems to want the team get up and down the court more quickly this season (of course playing the Sky forces that). Seattle was slowed somewhat playing against Phoenix, but Jordin Canada also likes a faster pace. I like this game to go over the 153 total.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 05/31/19 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Games for May 31

ATLANTA 6.5 Seattle 149
Las Vegas 1.5 PHOENIX 164.5
Connecticut 2 LOS ANGELES 165

Two road favorites and I'm not sure I believe in either one. Phoenix lost to Seattle in their first game but they still have Griner and they still have one of the best home crowds in the league. Las Vegas may be the best team in the league, but assimilating Cambage and coming off a win against their biggest rival puts me on the Mercury.

Connecticut and LA is a similar situation in some ways. The Sun look like the best team in the East, playing against a team on the road in their opener. Like Phoenix without Taurasi, the Sparks are without Parker. But LA does have Chiney fresh from the Sun, and even though she didn't seem to have ill will I suspect this game is one she would like to win. I like LA.

Wednesday I made a total play that went out the window quickly when Seattle scored only 9 in the first quarter. That puts me at 3-2 for the season.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/01/19 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Games for June 1

INDIANA 3.5 New York 158.5
WASHINGTON 8.5 Atlanta 158
CHICAGO 2. Seattle 161.5
Minnesota 3.5 Dallas 153.5

The month of June starts out with a 4 game slate. There are some interesting scheduling anomalies. New York is playing the back half of a home-and-home with Indiana, nut the Fever played a game in between. Seattle is playing its fourth game of the season as 4 teams, including their opponent Chicago, are playing only their second. And both Seattle and Atlanta are having to play on the road after playing yesterday.

The Liberty and Fever opened up the season in New York in a sloppy game that the Fever eked out as a 3.5 underdog. 81-80. 8 days later they meet again. The Fever are now home and the line is reversed. Indiana may have the advantage by virtue of playing the Sun in between, I see a very similar outcome to last week but I will pass.

Washington christens its new arena and looks like they will have EDD. Both teams are coming off double digit losses. Generally I consider playing a back-to-back as a 2 point disadvantage, but having watched the game I wonder if what they did last night is considered playing. I will take the Mystics and lay the points, but I would rather the Dream had put forth a better effort last night.

Chicago is a 2 point favorite despite losing its opener by 18 points. The Storm are playing their third game in 4 nights. I like the Sky to bounce back and to send the game over against a tired team.

Minnesota is the biggest positive surprise of the season and they are rewarded by being a road favorite. I think that may be an overadjustment, need to see more from Dallas before I back them. PASS.

Last night I picked two underdogs that won outright, so I end the month of May at 5-2.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/02/19 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Game for June 2

LAS VEGAS 5 Connecticut 167.5

Both of these teams lost as road favorites on Friday night. Now the top two teams in the league according to the oddsmakers face off against each other. The biggest question is how much Liz Cambage will play. She only played 14 minutes Friday but she played reasonably well. I would like to see the Aces with full Cambage. I suspect they will be the best team, and I also suspect they will be a little lower scoring. For today I lean toward the Sun and the under, but not enough to actually make a play. PASS

Yesterday Courtney Vandersloot hit a layup with 14 seconds to not only cover for Chicago but also secure the over. That shot combined with an easy win on the Mystics put me at 3-0 for the day and 8-2 for the season.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/04/19 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Games for June 4

Los Angeles 5 NEW YORK 157.5
SEATTLE 2 Minnesota 149.5

The LA game started at 8 am so obviously I have no play. The game actually landed right on the number, with the total going under. Seattle is already playing its fifth game. They may be a little tired, but they are back at home. Minnesota has been a positive surprise, primarily due to the play of collier and Sims, but they lost in their first road game at Dallas. I will take the Storm and lay the modest 2 points.

Sunday I decided not to make a play. Too bad, both of my leans came through. Still 8-2 on the season.

adamj95

PostPosted: 06/04/19 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Minny didn’t lose to Dallas on Saturday.

PostPosted: 06/04/19 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
Minny didn’t lose to Dallas on Saturday.

They lost against the spread. I should have been clearer

calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/05/19 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Game for June 5

WASHINGTON 12 Chicago 169.5

Washington may be the best team in the East. Chicago hasn't really settled on a lineup yet, but they may be improving. They were able to beat Seattle, but it was the third game in four days for the Storm. One thing that the Mystics could do last season was bury the Sky. beating them by 28, 16 and 16 points, and led by double digit a the half in each game. I am never a fan of laying this many points but I will take the Mystics tonight.

Yesterday the Storm returned home and beat the Lynx, bringing my season record to 9-2.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/06/19 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Games for June 6

Las Vegas 4.5 ATLANTA 161.5
CONNECTICUT 7 Los Angeles 157.5
MINNESOTA 2 Phoenix 154

Despite their 1-2 record the Aces are one of the top teams in the league. Cambage is still not 100% and hasn't been fully incorporated into the lineup. Atlanta has been awful so this looks like a game where LV could start to put things together, but I can't quite lay the points on the road. PASS

CONNECTICUT has looked like the best team in the league so far, but their one blemish was against the Sparks. Now they get to return the favor at home against an LA team that played yesterday. Admittedly this is about the eaiest back-to-back a team can have as they had a day game yesterday and only have a 100 mile drive to play tonight. Chiney returns to Connecticut after forcing a trade. I like the Sun and will lay the points.

Minnesota surprised many people by winning their first 3 games but they fell back to earth with their loss at Seattle. Usually the home team has a travel advantage, but in this case the Lynx had to return from a late game in Seattle 2 nights ago while Phoenix has had a week to get ready. I will take the Mercury in this spot.

Yesterday Washington once again destroyed the Sky. They led by 15 at the half and 25 after 3 before coasting to an 18 point win. That win moves my record up to 10-2 for the season.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/07/19 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Games for June 7:

INDIANA 5.5 Dallas 154.5
Washington 9.5 NEW YORK 165.5

Two games among 3 bottom feeders and the Mystics. Indiana is 2-1, but both wins were over the woeful Liberty. DuPree and Wheeler are both playing at their best so far, but I don't believe they are that good. Dallas is 0-2, but they have lost those games by a total of 7 points. This looks like a competitive game, so 5.5 points is enough to get me on the Wings.

The Mystics are very good. The Liberty are very bad. But this game is not like the game against Chicago. I can't quite go so far as to bet on New York, but I lean toward the Liberty to stay within 10. My initial feeling was to go under this total but as I looked closer at the game I can't quite get there. I may take a Liberty and under parlay for a few bucks but for these purposes, PASS.

Yesterday the Sun ran out to a 12 point lead and the Sparks never got closer than the 7 point spread the rest of the way ………. Until the 2 minute mark when the Sparks cut the lead to 6 and then 4 with a minute to go. From there the Sun steadied and scored the last 8 to cover. Phoenix looked dead last night, trailing by 11 with 4 minutes to go. But in the immortal words of Jerry Reed, When you're hot, you're hot. The Lynx didn't score the rest of the way and Phoenix scored the last 9 to push. The Mercury even ran the clock down far enough that there wasn't time for a foul after the Lynx got the rebound. I'll gladly take the push. I was 1-0-1 for the day so that moves my season record to 11-2-1

calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/08/19 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Game for today

MINNESOTA 4.5 Los Angeles 149

This game should be close, but I believe this will be a high scoring game. I will take the over.

Oh what's that, the score is 83-82 with a minute to go. Then I guess I win.

What do you mean, it doesn't count if you pick after the game has started. That sure makes picking more difficult.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 06/09/19 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Games for June 9

WASHINGTON 14 Dallas 158
Connecticut 7 ATLANTA 151
Las Vegas 10.5 NEW YORK 10.5
Phoenix 2 INDIANA 155
CHICAGO 1.5 Seattle 162

The first 3 games on the card today show just how little parity there is this year. The 3 best teams right now are playing arguably the 3 worst and the spreads reflect that. The Mystics crushed Chicago and then easily handled the Liberty but won by only 9 as a 10.5 road dog. Washington can name the score, but even though I think they will win easily 14 is too much to lay. PASS

Connecticut has perhaps looked the best of anyone. Atlanta has been a disappointment so far. I don't generally like laying that many points on the road but I will take the Sun. I will also take the over,

I may have to start giving the Fever more credit. Even though they have only beaten New York and Dallas they are playing better this year. We should get the first look at Britney Griner vs Tiearra McCowan so it should be fun to watch but I will PASS

The final game is Chicago vs Seattle. Strange scheduling has the Storm making their second visit to the Windy City in only 8 days. Last time the Storm lost 83-79, but they were at the end of a long road trip. I like the Storm to take revenge and beat the Sky

I took Dallas against Indiana which lost easily dropping my record to 11-3-1 for the season. Unfortunately this is the last day I will be able to make picks for the next 3 weeks as I will be living the high life on the white sand beaches of Boracay Island in the Philippines. I am told it is a true paradise, although this is the rainy season so that my dampen my spirits some. Indeed the Island was closed to tourists for 6 months last year to restore its natural beauty. I'm just not sure if I can bet on the kite surfing.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 07/02/19 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

July 2

LAS VEGAS 9.5 Chicago 162.5
MINNESOTA 7.5 Atlanta 152

I have to admit I have no idea what is happening in the league, so it will take me a few days to get back to picks. PASS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: