RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Rebkell Fantasy Basketball League
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYSports56

PostPosted: 05/14/19 12:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Big news for J-Spoon with Cambage getting traded to Las Vegas. The gamble paid off!

Kiah Stokes loses her chance to be a starting fantasy center. Smile

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/14/19 12:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

and Jefferson's value just went up as well (another part of the gamble). We'll see what happens my team just became relevant.

On the flip side my hedging the bet pick of Davis just lost value maybe I will be the next to use the waiver wire but going to hold out for now.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/14/19 12:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
Wow, sure is quiet. I've been working on the software that will run the league, and it's just about ready to go.

When you make a duplicate post, or a post by mistake, and you'd like it deleted, what is the proper thing to do? I thought you were supposed to change the text to "(bump)" but it occurs to me that might be what people do to get the thread to the top of the page. Anybody know the proper RebKell protocall for getting rid of a post (this was originally a post by mistake before I edited it)?

usually people just edit the post to "nvm: double post" or something to that effect. I don't think there is a way to delete it.

- Amanda Gorman
NYSports56

PostPosted: 05/14/19 12:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am moving the draft list off the front page and posting it here. There will be a link on the front page to this post.

In its place will be the current rosters. Check out your team and let me know if anything is wrong.

The draft:

Round 1:

#1 - mojo/myrtle - Brittney Griner, C, PHOE
#2 - adamj95 - Elena Delle Donne, F-G, WASH
#3 - NYSports56 - A'ja Wilson, C, LV
#4 - Admiral Needa - Candace Parker, C-F, LA
#5 - calbearman76 - Sylvia Fowles, C, MIN
#6 - WNBA 09 - Courtney Vandersloot, G, CHI
#7 - toad455 - Tina Charles, C, NY
#8 - hoopmom - Natasha Howard, F, SEA
#9 - Erimus - Diana Taurasi, G, PHOE

Round 2:

#1 - Erimus - Nneka Ogwumike, F, LA
#2 - hoopmom - Chelsea Gray, G, LA
#3 - toad455 - Dewanna Bonner, F, PHOE
#4 - WNBA 09 - Alyssa Thomas, F, CONN
#5 - calbearman76 - Jewell Loyd, G, SEA
#6 - Admiral Needa - Kayla McBride, G, LV
#7 - NYSports56 - Tiffany Hayes, G, ATL
#8 - adamj95 - Chiney Ogwumike, F-C, MIN
#9 - mojo/myrtle - Emma Meesseman, F, WASH

Expansion Round

#1 - J-Spoon - Liz Cambage, C, DALL
#2 - J-Spoon - Diamond Deshields, G, CHI
#3 - J-Spoon - Elizabeth Williams, F-C, ATL
#4 - J-Spoon - Kelsey Plum, G, LV

Round 3

#1 - mojo/myrtle - Jasmine Thomas, G, CONN
#2 - adamj95 - Sue Bird, G, SEA
#3 - NYSports56 - Jessica Breland, F, ATL
#4 - Admiral Needa - Teaira McCown, C, IND
#5 - calbearman76 - Cheyenne Parker, F, CHI
#6 - WNBA 09 - Natasha Cloud, G, WASH
#7 - toad455 - Renee Montgomery, G, ATL
#8 - hoopmom - Candace Dupree, F, IND
#9 - Erimus - Asia Durr, G, NY

Round 4:

#1 - Erimus - Kalani Brown, C, LA
#2 - hoopmom - Kelsey Mitchell, G, IND
#3 - toad455 - Kristi Toliver, G, WASH
#4 - WNBA 09 - Glory Johnson, F, DALL
#5 - calbearman76 - Courtney Williams, G, CONN
#6 - Admiral Needa - Jonquel Jones, F, CONN
#7 - NYSports56 - Azura Stevens, F-C, DALL
#8 - adamj95 - Latoya Sanders, F-C, WASH
#9 - mojo/myrtle - Allie Quigley, G, CHI

Round 5

#1 - mojo/myrtle - Kayla Thornton, F, DALL
#2 - J-Spoon - Alysha Clark, F SEA
#3 - adamj95 - Jackie Young, G, LV
#4 - NYSports56 - Ariel Atkins, G, WASH
#5 - Admiral Needa - Arike Ogunbowale, G, DALL
#6 - calbearman76 - Gabby Williams, F, CHI
#7 - WNBA 09 - Stephanie Dolson, C, CHI
#8 - toad455 - Crystal Langhorne, F-C, SEA
#9 - hoopmom - Maria Vadeeva, F-C, LA
#10- Erimus - Brittney Sykes, G, ATL

Round 6:

#1 - Erimus - Alanna Smith, F, PHOE
#2 - hoopmom - Odyssey Sims, G, MIN
#3 - toad455 - Kristine Anigwe, FC, CONN
#4 - WNBA 09 - Allisha Gray, G, DALL
#5 - calbearman76 - Seimone Augustus, G, MIN
#6 - Admiral Needa - Kia Nurse, G, NY
#7 - NYSports56 - Nepheesa Collier, F, MIN
#8 - adamj95 - Damiris Dantas, F, MIN
#9 - J-Spoon - Kiah Stokes, C, NY
#10- mojo/myrtle -Skylar Diggins-Smith, G, DALL

Round 7

#1 - mojo/myrtle - Angel McCoughtry, G-F, ATL
#2 - J-Spoon - Tiffany Mitchell, G, IND
#3 - adamj95 - Briann January, G, PHOE
#4 - NYSports56 - Natalie Achonwa, C, IND
#5 - Admiral Needa - Karima Christmas-Kelly, F, MIN
#6 - calbearman76 - Katie Lou Samuelson, G-F, CHI
#7 - WNBA 09 - Alex Bentley, G, ATL
#8 - toad455 - Alana Beard, G-F, LA
#9 - hoopmom - Theresa Plaisance, F-C, DALL
#10- Erimus - Brittany Boyd, G, NY

Round 8:

#1 - Erimus - Temi Fagbenie, C, MIN
#2 - hoopmom - Tamera Young, F, LV
#3 - toad455 - Monique Billings, F, ATL
#4 - WNBA 09 - Amanda Zahui B, C, NY
#5 - calbearman76 - Rebekkah Brunson, F, MIN
#6 - Admiral Needa - Danielle Robinson, G, MIN
#7 - NYSports56 - Bria Hartley, G, NY
#8 - adamj95 - Dearica Hamby, F, LV
#9 - J-Spoon - Shekinna Stricklen, GF, CONN
#10- mojo/myrtle - Shenise Johnson, G, IND

Round 9

#1 - mojo/myrtle - Nia Coffey, F, ATL
#2 - J-Spoon - Moriah Jefferson, G, LV
#3 - adamj95 - Jantel Lavender, F-C, LA
#4 - NYSports56 - Erica Wheeler, G, IND
#5 - Admiral Needa - Isabelle Harrison, F, LV
#6 - calbearman76 - Sancho Lyttle, F,PHOE
#7 - WNBA 09 - Aerial Powers, F, WASH
#8 - toad455 - Layshia Clarendon, G, CONN
#9 - hoopmom - Tayler Hill, G, DALL
#10- Erimus - Morgan Tuck, F, CONN

Round 10:

#1 - Erimus - Marine Johannes, G, NY
#2 - hoopmom - Essence Carson, G, PHOE
#3 - toad455 -Sami Whitcomb, GF, SEA
#4 - WNBA 09 - JiSu Park, C, LV
#5 - calbearman76 - Alaina Coates, C, CHI
#6 - Admiral Needa - Han Xu, C, NY
#7 - NYSports56 -Stephanie Talbot, F, PHOE
#8 - adamj95 - Lexie Brown, G, MIN
#9 - J-Spoon - Kaela Davis, GF, DALL
#10- mojo/myrtle - Tierra Ruffin-Pratt, GF, LA

Last edited by NYSports56 on 05/19/19 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/14/19 3:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
NYSports56 wrote:
Wow, sure is quiet. I've been working on the software that will run the league, and it's just about ready to go.

When you make a duplicate post, or a post by mistake, and you'd like it deleted, what is the proper thing to do? I thought you were supposed to change the text to "(bump)" but it occurs to me that might be what people do to get the thread to the top of the page. Anybody know the proper RebKell protocall for getting rid of a post (this was originally a post by mistake before I edited it)?

usually people just edit the post to "nvm: double post" or something to that effect. I don't think there is a way to delete it.

Correct. Users can't delete their own posts, but usually if I see a post like that I will delete it.

"Bump" is generally just someone trying to move a topic back to the top of the thread list (and is kind of a pet peeve of mine, because IMO if someone bumps a topic it should be because they have something to add to it. I think most people don't want to click on a thread that has been flagged as having a new post, only to find that the post just says "bump". Waste of everyone's time)

NYSports56

PostPosted: 05/14/19 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK, Luuuc, sorry for any of the times I have used "bump." I was using it incorrectly, thinking it was the code word to alert you to delete something.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/14/19 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
OK, Luuuc, sorry for any of the times I have used "bump." I was using it incorrectly, thinking it was the code word to alert you to delete something.

A quick search shows that "any of the times" = a total of one time, and it was immediately after another post, so firstly it was no problem at all, and secondly I probably should have figured out what happened from the context of it.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 05/16/19 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Arghhh--the Cambage to Las Vegas trade is finalized. A'ja Wilson's numbers will suffer because of this. I was hoping nothing would be finalized until week 2 and my game against J-Spoon was over. Smile

Anyway, for that game against J-Spoon, here's my lineup, unless I get zapped with an injury:

G - Tiffany Hayes, G, ATL
G - Ariel Atkins, G, WASH
F - Jessica Breland, F, ATL
F - Azura Stevens, FC, DALL
C - A'ja Wilson, C, LV

When you post your lineups, please place your guards at the top, then forwards, then center as I have done here.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/16/19 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 waives Layshia Clarendon, G, CONN and added Jordan Canada, G, SEA.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/16/19 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 Waives Ji Su-Par. Of LV and Adds Imani Mcghee Stafford DAL

PostPosted: 05/19/19 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm moving the league rules off of the front page and posting them here. The front page will constantly be changing; it is better to have an unedited post stating the rules.

Let me know if there's anything in the rules that you don't think is covered.

----------------------------------

OFFICIAL LEAGUE RULES (as of 5/19/19)

Scoring

Each starting player will score points for their team using the NBA's official fantasy scoring system:

Rebounds: 1.2
Assists: 1.5
Steals: 3
Blocks: 3
Turnovers: -1

If a player plays in two games during a week, only the first game is used to determine fantasy points. Most weeks begin on Monday and end on Sunday. The exception is around the All-Star Break: Week 10 ends on Tuesday, July 30, and Week 11 begins on Wednesday, July 31 (transactions this week are refreshed at 6 PM EDT Wednesday instead of Monday).

Lineups

Each week, a team will field a starting lineup of 5 players, consisting of 2 guards, 2 forwards, and 1 center.

At the start of the week, teams should post their lineup. If they don't, the lineup from the previous week will be used.

Lineups can be changed at any time during the week, provided that it is done before the start time of the first game of the player(s) being replaced. The replacement player must be yet to play her first game of the week.

If a started player does not play in her game (DNP), a substitute may be inserted into the lineup in her place. Again, the substitute must not have played her first game of the week yet.

Season

There will be 12 weeks of regular season play, and then most of the teams will participate in a 4 week playoff format. The regular season schedule can be found on page 17.

Playoffs

7 teams will qualify for the playoffs, and will be seeded according to record and tiebreakers. The #1 seed will receive 3 byes and will play in the Championship Game. The #2 through #4 seeds will receive 1 bye and a berth in the second round. The #5 through #7 seeds will participate in a 3-way contest where the highest scoring team advances to the second round.

Week 13, Round 1: #5 vs. #6 vs. #7 (all three compete, high score advances)
Week 14, Round 2a: #2 vs. winner of Round 1
Week 14, Round 2b: #3 vs. #4
Week 15, Round 3: winners of Rounds 2a and 2b
Week 16, Championship: #1 vs. winner of Round 3

Rosters and Transactions

Roster size is 10 WNBA players. Teams may modify their rosters with trades and add/drops, subject to the following restrictions:

From Weeks 1 through 8, a maximum of 3 players can be added to a team each week. No more than 2 of them can come from add/drop, and no more than 2 of them can come from trades.

After Week 8, no more trades can be made. Teams are still permitted to make 2 add/drops each week.

During the playoffs, no transactions are allowed, unless a team has a player who is cut or goes on the WNBA disabled list leaving the team with no legal starting lineup. In that instance, the cut or injured player can be dropped for a substitute.

Weeks begin and transactions are refreshed every Monday at 6 PM EDT (GMT - 4) (this time is subject to change if everyone agrees).

After the draft and before the regular season starts, there are no limitations on add/drop. Teams can only add 2 players by trade during this period.

A player in a team's starting lineup cannot be traded or dropped while she is currently playing in a game earning points for her team. "Currently playing" is defined as the period beginning at game time and ending 2 and 1/2 hours after game time.

Usually add/drop is first come, first serve. However, there are two instances where a waiting period is necessary:

1) When a player is dropped from another player's roster, all teams have 24 hours to put in a claim for the player. If more than one team claims the player, the team with the worst record gets the player. Resolve ties using the tiebreaker procedure.

2) When a team is out of add/drops, it can not make another one until its transactions are refreshed at 6 PM EDT on Monday. However, the team may put in a claim for the player in advance so that it is awarded the player immediately at 6 PM. If more than one player does this, once again, it is resolved by record and tiebreakers.

When a trade is made, a team may call for a veto by posting here no more than 24 hours after the trade. After this post, teams (except for the teams involved in the trade) have until it's 48 hours after the trade to either confirm the veto, or uphold the trade. If anyone votes to uphold the trade, the trade stands. If not, and there are at least 5 who voted for the veto, the trade will be voided.

Players involved in the trade up for veto may play for their new teams while the veto is being resolved.

You may not trade for a "player to be named later."

If a team makes a 2 for 1 trade where it receives the 2 players, the team must immediately drop a surplus player from its roster as part of the trade announcement.

Tiebreakers

Tiebreakers are used to determine playoff seeding and add/drop claims when two or more teams have the same record.

The tiebreakers that will be used are:

1: Head to Head (playoff seeding only, see below)
2: Points Scored
3: Random die roll

Head to Head is the combined record one has against the players in the tiebreaker.

With more than 2 players involved in the tiebreaker, if during any step where 2 or more (but not all) players tie for best (or worst if it's an add/drop claim), take those players and repeat the entire tiebreaking sequence with just them.

For playoff seeding, tiebreakers are resolved one at a time, highest seed first.

For add/drop claims, do not include wins, losses or points from the current week. In the unlikely event that two teams have the same record and points scored, the priority on the waiver wire will be determined randomly and announced at the start of the week.

Player Positions

Players are eligible to play the position at which they are listed on the team roster page on the WNBA website. If a player is listed at two positions, she is eligible to play either position. If the position is updated on the roster, her fantasy availability is modified as well.

To find the roster pages mentioned above, go to WNBA.com. Click on "Teams," which is the first option on the top left. Select the WNBA team whose roster you would like to view. You will be taken to that team's webpage. On it, there will be another menu on top. Select the "Team" menu, and then there will be a dropdown where you select "Roster." That will take you to the official roster page used in this fantasy league.

If a player is not listed on the WNBA Team Roster page, use the information found on her player page on the site. Again, go to WNBA.com. This time click on the "Players" menu, and you can go to the page of the player in question.

Scoring Errors

Scoring errors can occur when statistics are entered incorrectly, or when the WNBA changes official statistics.

Errors during the regular season (with the exception of the final week) may be reported any time before the end of the following week. In other words, an error in Week 1 must be reported by the end of Week 2. If so the correction will take effect retroactively.

In the post season (or the final week of the regular season), errors must be reported before the end of the current week.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 05/20/19 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One addition to the above rules: in the playoffs, if there is a tie, the higher-ranked team advances to the next round or wins the championship.

Since we are using decimal scoring, the odds are slim, but just in case, it's best to cover it before the season begins.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/20/19 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For Mojo/(with Myrtle backup), our default lineup is the first five we picked. I'm trying to remember...as long as that's the case, do we need to post it every week?

- Amanda Gorman
NYSports56

PostPosted: 05/20/19 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
For Mojo/(with Myrtle backup), our default lineup is the first five we picked. I'm trying to remember...as long as that's the case, do we need to post it every week?

No, the lineup remains the same until you change it. Every week I'll insert the lineup you used the week before unless you tell me not to.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 05/21/19 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Only 3 days until the season begins!

I have put a scoreboard on the front page showing everyone's lineups. They can be changed at any time, but I started almost everyone out with their first five picks. The only exception was that I made substitutions for Candace Parker and Diana Taurasi because I knew they were injured and going to miss the first game of the season.

There may be other players who are unavailable for game 1 as well, so check your lineups and make sure everything is the way you want it.

We're getting close--good luck everyone!

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/21/19 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I may have to change my line up as I am not sure of the status of Deshields or Clark.

What is the latest we can update our line up for this week?

Erimus

PostPosted: 05/21/19 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

G - Asia Durr, NY Liberty
G - Brittney Sykes, Atl Dream
F - Nneka Ogwumike, LA Sparks
F - Alanna Smith - Phoenix
C - Temi Fagbenle - M Lynx

Shades

PostPosted: 05/21/19 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I may have to change my line up as I am not sure of the status of Deshields or Clark.

DeShields played in the China exhibition game.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
NYSports56

PostPosted: 05/21/19 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Shades, what do these recent acquisitions to the Lynx do to the fantasy value of my players Collier and Talbot?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/21/19 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PG- Courtney Vandersloot, G, CHI
SG-Allisha Gray , G, DAL
F- Glory Johnson, F, DAL
F- Alyssa Thomas, F, CONN
C- Amanda Zauhi , C, NY

PostPosted: 05/22/19 2:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

You can take a player out any time before her game's listed start time. The sub's game cannot have started either.

(I really thought I answered this earlier, but I don't see the post, so I am doing it again).

tbinta

PostPosted: 05/23/19 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CALBEARMAN76/TBINTA
G- Jewell Loyd, G, SEA
G- Courtney Williams, G, CONN
F- Cheyenne Parker, F, CHI
F- Gabby Williams, F, CHI
C- Sylvia Fowles, C, MIN

PostPosted: 05/23/19 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now that Kayla is back to playing SF, maybe they'll change her designation to GF, but until then, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Idea Arrow

Kayla McBride, G, LV
    Arike Ogunbowale, G, DAL
    Jonquel Jones, F, CON
    Karima Christmas-Kelly, F, MIN
    Teaira McCowan, C, IND

toad455

PostPosted: 05/23/19 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Going with:
Jordin Canada, G, SEA
Kristi Toliver, G, WASH
DeWanna Bonner, F, PHOE
Crystal Langhorne, FC, SEA