Seattle Storm 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
canadaball

PostPosted: 05/21/19 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
canadaball wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
I always expected Seattle's injury luck to come back down to earth this year after staying so remarkably healthy last season, but losing Stewart, Bird and even Dan Hughes before the season's even started is some ridiculous regressing towards the mean.

Time to bring back Jenny Boo, and tank the season for a good lottery pick.

Not really any point considering they'd be carrying the 26-8 record from last season into the calculations. You're gonna struggle to have any better than the 4th-best lottery odds however successfully you tank.

I think we can uncheck LV as a lottery team this year. Just suppose some or all of the remaining trio of Indy, NY, and Chicago do make the playoffs (unlikely, but with players dropping all over, certainly not far fetched). Should the 2019 non-playoff teams all be newcomers, Seattle's 26 wins from last year might not be so formidable an obstacle, especially if this year's Storm team, without its 2 key players, and no Key Arena, wins well under 10 games. Seattle unlikely to ever beat out Dallas for worst two year record, but stranger things have happened. The rules were different, but Phx used a DT absence to get the 3rd most lottery balls, and ended up with Griner. Given the Seattle history of tanking, which netted them Stew, the franchise is certainly capable of resorting to old tricks.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/21/19 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We cant catch a break this season Confused But there is no doubt in my mind that Birdy will be back

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
ClayK

PostPosted: 05/21/19 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You definitely can get better playing with lesser players, as all the WNBA and NBA players have shown after they've spent time in Europe.

That said, it's certainly easier to get better when you're playing with better players.

PostPosted: 05/21/19 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seattle should make an attempt to trade every veteran/ dead weight player they have right now (Paris, Langhorne, Zellous, KML and maybe Clark). No need is wasting minutes and salary. Just let the young players develop...And if Loyd doesn't have a great season I would consider trading her before the start of the 2020 season.

BTW: Is Bird really injured, or is Seattle just giving her the season off Laughing

toad455

PostPosted: 05/21/19 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seattle should pick up whoever Connecticut cuts between Hiedeman and Carleton.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/21/19 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Seattle should make an attempt to trade every veteran/ dead weight player they have right now (Paris, Langhorne, Zellous, KML and maybe Clark). No need is wasting minutes and salary. Just let the young players develop...And if Loyd doesn't have a great season I would consider trading her before the start of the 2020 season.

BTW: Is Bird really injured, or is Seattle just giving her the season off Laughing

Lol which players development are they stopping? Loyd has been solid 2nd option for us so far. Now she has to be the first option and be more consistent now that stewie isnt there to bail her out. Howard will need to step it up aswell. Last year they didnt even run plays for her. Bird said that multiple times in interviews. Lets see how Howard does when she gets a lot more defensive attention..

Trading Loyd is just nonsense. Stewie will be back next year and then Loyd and Howard as your 2nd and 3rd scoring options is pretty solid. Both will have more confidence and can handle more pressure.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
zune69

PostPosted: 05/21/19 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Lol which players development are they stopping? Loyd has been solid 2nd option for us so far. Now she has to be the first option and be more consistent now that stewie isnt there to bail her out. Howard will need to step it up aswell. Last year they didnt even run plays for her. Bird said that multiple times in interviews. Lets see how Howard does when she gets a lot more defensive attention..

Trading Loyd is just nonsense. Stewie will be back next year and then Loyd and Howard as your 2nd and 3rd scoring options is pretty solid. Both will have more confidence and can handle more pressure.

Russell?....Young players who are not currently on the roster?.....I would bet money on Loyd being less consistent without Stewart. Especially with no S.Bird or D. Hughes to keep her in check...And Loyd was not a solid 2nd option during the playoffs. That honor goes to Howard. Loyd was terrible on offense for most of the playoffs. I expect JL to be on her mamba mentality BS without Stew,Bird and coach Hughes. I hope she has a great season and is able to carry the storm to a playoff birth. But if she has another lackluster season, I would trade her in the right deal.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/21/19 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even if the Storm ends up as a lottery team, the likelihood of them getting anything but the #4 pick is extremely unlikely. And if they do defy the odds and get the #1 pick, it would be very unfair to the other 3 teams in the lottery(Indiana, Chicago, New York and/or Dallas).

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 05/21/19 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Even if the Storm ends up as a lottery team, the likelihood of them getting anything but the #4 pick is extremely unlikely. And if they do defy the odds and get the #1 pick, it would be very unfair to the other 3 teams in the lottery(Indiana, Chicago, New York and/or Dallas).

With the two season rule, it'll be darn hard for Seattle to make the lottery and next to impossible to get above pick #4. Unless one of Indiana, NY or Chicago is surprisingly good this year, which isn't looking likely.

~rAf
pilight

PostPosted: 05/21/19 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

With the two season rule, it'll be darn hard for Seattle to make the lottery and next to impossible to get above pick #4. Unless one of Indiana, NY or Chicago is surprisingly good this year, which isn't looking likely.

If they're that good, they won't be in the lottery

PostPosted: 05/21/19 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It would still be perfectly possible for Seattle to get the #1 pick. All it would take is some luck. If they finish in the bottom four, even if they end up #4 in the combined year records, they'd still have over a 10% shot at the #1. That's better than, for example, the New Orleans Pelicans had in the recent NBA Zion Lottery...

PostPosted: 05/21/19 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the 4 non playoff teams this season:
ny
indiana
dallas
seattle

PostPosted: 05/22/19 12:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bcdawg04 wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:

I wouldn't be against "Sucking for Sabrina" in 2019... Then go for it in 2020 Idea Twisted Evil

I think it would be extremely difficult to suck that badly with the 2-year lottery odds.

Not looking so difficult nowadays... Exclamation Shocked

Guess I'm psychic Twisted Evil Razz

Get Better Bird!
Cool

Arrow
    <iframe width="320" height="240" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JT_pl68YX48" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/22/19 12:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I feel bad for Seattle even though Loyd and Howard are still a decent tandem to work around but it does feel pre-destined

Ionescu to Seattle just in time for one last mentoring season with Bird while they all continue to work together along with Stewie and Loyd on the Olympic team win a gold, and a championship her rookie season while staying in the Pacific Northwest.

You see I though the story was after two years of banishment in Westchester the Liberty return to NYC Brooklyn with the #1 pick Ionescu, joining the young eciting perimeter of Ionescu, Durr and Nurse with a rejuvenated Charles and 2nd year sensation Han Xu who China encourages her return to the W to toughen up against the top competition that she will face in the Olympics and the Liberty make a deep run in 2020 to reward the new owner and the Barclay faithful.

But now I will just have to settle for the incremental improvement the Liberty will get with the #3 or 4 pick of Kahlia Charles or Baetrice Mompremier while the Storm kill it again in 2020 sending NY native Bird out in a blaze of glory to the hall of fame.

zune69

PostPosted: 05/22/19 2:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

Now that I think about it. Trading Loyd would be stupid. She's only 25 years old and Seattle just won a championship.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 05/22/19 3:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm really interested in how Howard looks without Bird. I have doubts about her replicating last year.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/22/19 6:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Now that I think about it. Trading Loyd would be stupid. She's only 25 years old and Seattle just won a championship.

Glad that you realised. I do agree with you that a player like Paris is taking up minutes from Russel. Without Stewie i hope that Russel gets around 15minutes off the bench

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/22/19 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Howard(Natasha of course, not Anriel Razz) could average 20 & 8 without Stewart & Co. She’s that good..

pilight

PostPosted: 05/22/19 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Storm waive Teana Muldrow, Macy Miller, Presley Hudson and Recee’ Caldwell

PostPosted: 05/22/19 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That would be 12 for SEA. Oddly constructed roster.

Canada/(Bird)
Loyd/Whitcomb/Zellous
Clark/KLM
Langhorne/AHoward
NHoward/Russell/Paris

Get Paris in that trade portal. Eh, nobody’s gonna touch her.
Has Clark been in camp?

Can Whitcomb play some point?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/22/19 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Assuming they suspend Stewart, that looks like it for Seattle. They look awfully thin inside (assuming Anriel Howard, listed at 5-11, is considered a 3).

PostPosted: 05/22/19 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

not surprised.

PostPosted: 05/22/19 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I suspect we'll see a lot of Paris this season with Natasha Howard playing half her minutes at PF. Might also force Clark to play some Of as well this season.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/22/19 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
That would be 12 for SEA. Oddly constructed roster.

Canada/(Bird)
Loyd/Whitcomb/Zellous
Clark/KLM
Langhorne/AHoward
NHoward/Russell/Paris

Get Paris in that trade portal. Eh, nobody’s gonna touch her.
Has Clark been in camp?

Can Whitcomb play some point?

yikes. this doesn't look good does it.

- Amanda Gorman
NYSports56

PostPosted: 05/22/19 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
You see I though the story was after two years of banishment in Westchester the Liberty return to NYC Brooklyn with the #1 pick Ionescu, joining the young eciting perimeter of Ionescu, Durr and Nurse with a rejuvenated Charles and 2nd year sensation Han Xu who China encourages her return to the W to toughen up against the top competition that she will face in the Olympics and the Liberty make a deep run in 2020 to reward the new owner and the Barclay faithful.

Yeah! And a real live unicorn for a mascot! Sign me up!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12

Jump to: